Election Day Preview

Election Day Preview
Europeians anxious as exciting election nears conclusion

Written by DC

As Election Day closes in on the region, Europeians wait to see the outcome of our First Minister campaign season. The first minister campaigns brought less experienced names into the public light that we have not seen before. The three tickets range from the incumbent to senator and minister with longtime honored citizen pair to deputy minister and associate justice. Let's take a closer look into their platforms, how they feel on the eve of election day, and how the polls see it.

Race for First Minister

Here we have three tickets that currently are in the running: (Team Europeia) Rand and Pichtonia; cuddlebuns and Vlask, and Lloenflys and Sopo.

Rand/Pichtonia Platform:

Rand is the incumbent first minister. However we have seen a change at the end of the ticket with Pichtonia taking the role deputy first minister. The platform has been hailed as ambitious and exciting by some. It includes promises for the improvement of ministries that underperformed during Rand's last administration, what their agenda is for continuing success in ministries that performed well previously, measurable objectives for each ministry, and creation of ministries such as the Ministry of Recruitment and the Ministry of Integration. They have campaigned on "leadership by example" and "communication channels".

"Last term, I was honored to have been elected as the very first First Minister." said Rand "It was a hard road to get there, and I am grateful to everyone who believed in and supported me and my ambitious agenda. The work isn't done though, and I accept responsibility for our shortcomings. I am, however, still committed to seeing our vision through. So, I'm asking for the citizens' confidence once more, as we seek to learn from our failures and build off our successes, and come out even better than before. Pichtonia and I truly believe in Team Europeia and all we can accomplish, and we are proud to be part of Europeia's great democratic tradition. "

cuddlebuns/Vlaska Platform:

Taking the leap from Deputy Minister to First Minister, cuddlebuns has added new ideas and palpable youthful energy. Along with cuddlebuns is Vlaska the associate justice and discord moderator. While cuddlebuns brings the energy and positivism that can be infectious, Vlaska brings the level head and calm approach that a Justice can provide. Their platform places major emphasis on recognizing recruiters, an emphasis on the Ministry of Radio, of which Cuddles has past experience, focus on Communications and the Summer Festival.

"Something I've noticed is that people are more comfortable with Rand or Lloenflys because they are very active." cuddlebuns said. "Unfortunately I have had in real life busy stuff to deal with so I wasn't active during those times. I know there are always more chances to run, but my emotions are unintentionally attached. I am very appreciative of all the kind words and support people have given me. It has really kept me going through all this. But i just wish people would consider me and my plans for future. "

Lloenflys/Sopo Platform:

Minister of Culture and Senator Lloenflys is the last platform and arguably the most experienced with adding Former President Sopo to his ticket. This came as a shock as Lloenflys originally announced his intention was not to run, covered by the EBC in a different article. Together, they have forged their platform of activity, improving relationships between the Executive and the Senate, answering any outstanding constitutional questions, the role of the deputy first minister, and what their vision is for each Ministry.

"I would like to thank those who encouraged me to run for First Minister, because it is not something I would have done if I hadn't received that encouragement. " Lloenflys said, responding to the EBC. " I'm hoping that the region experiences a good, solid turnout tomorrow and am confident that regardless of who wins, we have started to see some very positive contributions from newer members who are stepping up to fill spots that have badly needed some participation. I'm happy to answer any last-day questions anyone has in my campaign thread (or if it is a question they aren't comfortable asking publicly, they can always reach out to me on Discord or with a private message in the forum). "

How do the polls see it?

According to a poll conducted by the ENN's Hem, this is how it all shakes out at the moment.

1. Lloenflys/Sopo 51.7%
2. Rand/Pichtonia 17.2%
3. cuddlebuns/ Vlaska 6.9%

Undecided 24.1%

While it certainly seems like this election may become a runaway, things can change in the blink of an eye. Each campaign is determined to do their best if given the job and have expressed interest in running again potentially if they do come up short. The next few weeks will be sure to have a huge impact on the region, with reshaping different ministries, important legislation still to come, and an upcoming Summer for leaders to drive activity and Europeia as a whole. Nevertheless, these three tickets seem to be lionhearted in their approach and excited for whatever may come next.

The Europeian Broadcasting Corporation will continue to deliver any updates on this exciting election.

This is great work and really interesting!

Great recap of what’s been going on!

This is great work and really interesting!
I was on mobile before, but I also wanted to say that it'd be really interesting if this same idea was tried for another election/elections, but it was a series of articles that went from initial platform release (with positives on the platform and polling data) like this article to an article about the negatives/criticisms, followed by a third article after elections maybe examining what went wrong for those that lost and what went right for those that won (also greatly enhanced by some exit poll data if possible).

Back