EBC Wire on the header

Why not just leave EBC Wire comments in the EBC? That way, those that want to comment on the EBC can do so in exactly the same way as they can now.

I love this!

And the Wire doesn't receive so many comments that it hides articles in the EBC, but is there a way to maybe link it from the Wire so people know where they can comment at?

r3naissanc3r said:
Why not just leave EBC Wire comments in the EBC? That way, those that want to comment on the EBC can do so in exactly the same way as they can now.
I'm not saying that the comments thread should _be_ somewhere else. I just don't know how obvious it will be for newer players that there's a comment thread elsewhere.

Not a huge deal since the Wire doesn't seem to get too much in the way of comments anyhow, so it was just a thought.

I'm fine leaving the comments where they are. They're pinned, so I'm not worried about them being lost.

So, this isn't a huge issue, but I've noticed that when I type a long entry, like the one about the Naval Amendment today, the text goes off the edge of the screen, and I can't scroll over without the dropdown disappearing.

Calvin Coolidge said:
So, this isn't a huge issue, but I've noticed that when I type a long entry, like the one about the Naval Amendment today, the text goes off the edge of the screen, and I can't scroll over without the dropdown disappearing.
:unsure: My News dropdown is dated 12/22, but I have no clue what you're talking about. :/

Mine's for the 23rd

hyanygo said:
Calvin Coolidge said:
hyanygo said:
Calvin Coolidge said:
I see it happening again today.
This is because you're going above 80 characters. r3n does not approve of line lengths above 80.
Ah. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks, hy. :D
It's ... it's a joke. But actually, yeah, keep it below 80 characters anyway.
Since it was the first thing I got that was close to a real answer, I took it. :lol:

Sorry for the lack of responses (not just here, pretty much everywhere when it comes to NS). Very busy times.

Calvin, what you're describing seems to only happen in Chrome. Not entirely sure why the CSS behaves differently - on Firefox and IE, the text wraps so that the width of the div doesn't change.

I'll see about a solution soon(ish). In the meantime, when this happens, you should see a horizontal scroll bar appear at the bottom of the browser. You can also manually introduce line breaks (i.e., press enter) to break long lines into multiple shorter ones.

I believe this has now been fixed in all skins.

I have also fixed an issue that caused the header not to update when the wire post was edited.

r3naissanc3r said:
I believe this has now been fixed in all skins.

I have also fixed an issue that caused the header not to update when the wire post was edited.
Thanks. :D

Back