EBC Poll: Rand and Aegis Popular, Election Possibly Competitive

EBC Poll: Rand and Aegis Popular, Election Possibly Competitive
Pland Adanna trails, Cabinet approvals sky-high

Written by Westinor and McEntire

With just 3 days to go until the presidential election, Rand looks in a strong place to win re-election. Although the incumbent president starts off with below-majority support in the first ballot test, subsequent questions and his strong approval ratings point towards a promising election result. Pland Adanna - or some other candidate - may have a window of opportunity to defeat Rand, but at this point it is an uphill battle.

The term was very well-regarded with the President and 5 members of the Cabinet over 85% approval. Voters also overwhelmingly approved of Europeia's joining the Aegis Accords, one of the landmark moves of the term. This poll was conducted from June 2-5 and had 28 respondents.

Rand Starts Off Strong, Not Invincible

If the Presidential Election were held today, who would you vote for? 46.4% Rand, 17.9% someone else, 35.7% not sure
Forms response chart. Question title: If the Presidential Election were held today, who would you vote for?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
If the Presidential election were held today and you were forced to choose, who would you vote for? 71.4% Rand, 28.6% someone else
Forms response chart. Question title: If the Presidential Election were held today and you were forced to choose, who would you vote for?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Are you supportive of President Rand's decision to run for another term?: 85.7% Yes, 3.6% No, 10.7% Not sure
Forms response chart. Question title: Are you supportive of President Rand's decision to run for another term?. Number of responses: 28 responses.

President Rand starts off just under majority support, although less than one-fifth of voters actively want to vote for someone else. When forced to choose, voters overwhelmingly go with Rand over a generic other candidate, suggesting that he is poised to pick up enough support to get to a majority.

Poll respondents were nearly unanimous in the fact that they were supportive of seeing Rand run again, so although his support seems soft at first, he has a reservoir of goodwill to call upon. The right candidate would have an opening against him, but elections are not run against “someone else,” they are run against competing campaigns.

Pland Adanna is the Underdog, Voters (Mostly) Satisfied with Field

If the election were held today, who would you vote for? 57.1% Rand/Maowi, 17.9% Pland Adanna/Forilian, 25% Undecided
Forms response chart. Question title: If the election were held today, who would you vote for?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Are you satisfied with the current field of candidates, Rand/Maowi and Pland Adanna/Forilian?: 71.4% Yes, 14.3% No, 14.3% Not sure
Forms response chart. Question title: Are you satisfied with the current field of candidates, Rand/Maowi and Pland Adanna/Forilian?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: Have you read Rand's platform, and if so do you have a favorable view of it?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: Have you read Pland Adanna’s platform, and if so do you have a favorable view of it?. Number of responses: 15 responses.

When matched against a real candidate, Rand out-performs his initial ballot test and gets a majority of the vote. The Pland Adanna/Forilian ticket starts with a small portion of the vote, although nearly all of those supporters are “strongly” supportive and a quarter of the poll respondents are still undecided.

Because the Pland Adanna/Forilian ticket posted its platform while this poll was in the field, only 15 of 28 respondents took the question about this ticket’s platform. While it was probably too early to survey on the platforms at that point, it does appear that the Rand/Maowi platform was more positively received by those who had read it.

This election sees a relatively high degree of satisfaction with the candidates. Still, 28.6% are either not satisfied or undecided, so any late-running ticket could have a pool of voters to convince.

Other Candidates? And Scalding Aegis Tea!

Prim, Seva, and I guess perhaps Gem as well. Now that we’re a frontier region, we need a more integration-focused executive.

A candidate opposed to Aegis.

I would love to See Lethen run sometime or see McEntire to run!

PhDre

Lethen

Hezekon

N/A

UPC
Forms response chart. Question title: Do you support Europeia joining the Aegis Accords?. Number of responses: 28 responses.

When asked to name other candidates they’d like to see in the mix, voters threw out many names, although none that this correspondent has heard considering a run. One commenter voiced support for a more integration-focused executive, while another wanted to see a candidate opposed to the recently-ratified Aegis Accords.

While that commenter may have wanted Europeia not to join the Aegis Accords, the region was not with them. As we can see in the chart above, nearly 4-in-5 Europeians support joining the Aegis Accords, with only 10.7% opposed. While there was some vocal opposition, and one Senator abstaining on the vote, it appears that those who would object to Aegis are a noisy minority.

End-of-Term Executive Poll

How satisfied are you with the performance of the Executive?
: 96.4% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Executive?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
There's a lot going on and it seems like things are being handled well (maybe not perfectly)

Not supportive of some of the FP moves, but generally seems as though they’ve made the right domestic moves.

Would have loved to See WL done more this term.

The amazing Cabinet carried the term, but I don't know about the top leadership
Coming off the back of a particularly breakneck last few weeks of the term, it appears the Executive has shored up strong marks with an incredible 96.4% satisfaction rate, blemished only by a single “Neutral” vote of 28 responses. This is up from the midterm’s 77.7% approval rating, indicating a comeback in the back half of the term perhaps due to the continued success of internal efforts like the development of recruitment tech and foreign affairs efforts. Comments nodded to the energy, particularly in the Foreign Affairs scene, of the executive, with recent efforts like the application and acceptance of Europeia into the Aegis Accords fresh at the top of everyone’s minds. Notably, this is an overall performance significantly higher than the average for most cabinet members.

How satisfied are you with the performance of President Rand?
: 96.4% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of President Rand?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Don't agree with Rand on everything, but he's a hard worker.

great president, not the best term ever but certainly up there

Proud of rand on what he has accomplished this term and would love to see ran in office for his second term.

I wish the Aegis Accords were presented a bit more clearly

Don't agree with everything he does but he is energetic and has a vision

Strong and outgoing leader, appreciate his presence

President Rand appears to be going strong with a matching approval rate to that of the overall Executive, similarly shoring up his approval from the midterm’s 81.4%. His place at the center of many developments in Europeia during his term, from the Frontier transition to Foreign Affairs moves aplenty, appear to have netted him the support of even those who do not agree with his approach or policy, who label him as a “hard worker” and a “strong and outgoing leader”.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Vice President Writinglegend?
: 75.0% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Vice President Writinglegend?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
he made a couple posts but generally still was totally absent and not a good VP in the second half

I’m sure he *did* stuff but largely seems invisible!

To be honest, WL has been pretty inactive and from what i have seen not much has been done by WL and that may be because we as citizens don't see much but disappointing that WL has not been that active nor doing much from what i have seen.

He's probably doing his job

Has been very publicly involved with pushing Aegis which is his wheelhouse

Awesome work as always :)

Vice President Writinglegend does continue to fall into the accursed visibility woes of the Vice Presidential office, improving slightly from the midterm to a 75% approval rate. These concerns made up the majority of comments with regards to his tenure, and the majority of non-”Satisfied/Very Satisfied” responses trending Neutral seems to lend to the idea of less actual opposition to his work and more indifference.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Grand Admiral Forillian?
: 89.3% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Grand Admiral Forilian?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Interesting to see Fori run against Rand, will be interesting to see if he has any critiques of naval policy this term.

honestly things really took a turn down after the midterm, not too many operations happened and it doesn't seem like many people are getting recruited. Neutral from me though could have even been dissatisfied

Forilian did a good job and encourges everyone to participate and hopefully gets chosen again :)

ERN has felt a little bit less visible but still going good

Grand Admiral Forillian brings a fairly high approval rate at 89.3% to their first term in the position, with no dissatisfied responses overall. Though down from their strong midterm performance and lagging behind the overall Executive approval, Forillian’s work seems to have been strong though some concerns surrounding overall visibility particularly around the back half of the term were mentioned. This is in line with the fall from their leading spot in the midterm polls, where they ranked at 92.5% approval. Forillian currently stands eleven percentage points down from the opposing Vice Presidential Candidate, with both bringing no dissatisfied responses with them.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Interior Minister Prim?
: 85.7% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Interior Minister Prim?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Amazing job showing what's happening on the forum to the residents, especially for a relatively new ministry

This is the first time i have worked with Prim and what i can say is that im proud with what Prim has been doing.

This ministry is too big and important to be a part of "Outreach," but also not big and important enough to have a staff?

I am not in the Interior, so I don't think it would be appropriate to comment on that.

Prim is yet another cabinet member carrying no dissatisfied responses, with only 4 of 28 responses indicating a “Neutral” evaluation of their term. This is up from the lower 62.9% approval rating of the midterm, indicating that Prim has managed to shore up most of the neutral responses and all of the dissatisfaction from the early half of the term. The comments generally reflected positively on the Interior Ministry’s work as it continues to find its identity as a separately functioning and operating ministry.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Communications Minister Pland Adanna?
: 100% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Communications Minister Pland Adanna?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
definitely cracked the oyster here, one of the best Comms ministers in years, perhaps since the re-merge

A very strong performance from Comms

Honestly Pland has been a key part in making coms somewhat active this term and truly can't Blame PA for it as coms barely has enough people as it is.

Pland's term has been very good, as a member of the communications staff, he's been a great minister to work with!

Pland Adanna continues the trend of 0 dissatisfaction, this time bucking it though with an astonishing 100% approval rating (perhaps this strong performance is off the back of Sopo’s work? Give him a ministership already!). A supermajority of responses landed in the “Very Satisfied” zone, and there was great support for the activity and strength coming from the Communications Ministry this term. Surprisingly, Pland Adanna is not the only 100% approval rating Minister, being one of the shining stars of this term and perhaps dragging up the high overall Executive approval rate, and is additionally 4 percentage points above their opposition for the Presidency in Rand in terms of approval rating.

How satisfied are you with the performance of World Assembly Affairs Minister PaleLand?
: 71.4% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of World Assembly Affairs Minister PaleLand?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
I criticised him in the midterm but I liked the energy after that. Definitely a good showing in general, even if nothing exceptional

Been loving getting the TG on the recommendations on to vote on and truly things get done very fast somewhat in the MOWA.

I didn't agree with some of the GA IFVs but PaleLand seems to run a tight operation

World Assembly Affairs Minister Paleland received the third lowest cabinet approval rating this term at 71.4%, though the non-”Satisfied/Very Satisfied” responses were split evenly between a neutral judgment and dissatisfaction. This is up, however, from their midterm performance of 59.2%, with comments noting that it felt like the second half was a “good showing in general, even if nothing exceptional” for the first-time Minister in the back half of the term after overcoming some growing pains in the first half.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Foreign Affairs Minister PhDre?
: 85.8% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Foreign Affairs Minister PhDre?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
lots of work being done I feel! Maybe not everyone agrees with the direction but PhDre certainly has advanced the interests of this administration abroad. I wish there was more ambassador engagement though, it was practically absent

Have not seen much tbh and can't really blame Dre for it.

Seems like our FA is definitely been popping this term, good work

PhDre received an 85.8% satisfaction rate this term, continuing solidly in the middle of the pack of the cabinet but up from the previous 74% satisfaction rate. Notably, they have been at the head of many foreign affairs efforts this term, from the Injunction of The Communist Bloc to the application to the Aegis Accords, which they were praised for in the comments. However, a note was made that it seemed that the ambassador system was sparsely used throughout his term, despite the incredible activity in Foreign Affairs in the past couple months.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Culture Minister Hezekon?: 75% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Culture Minister Hezekon?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Media day was a huge flop. No idea why, honestly we should abolish it. Still a solid showing from Hez though

Was skeptical, but has way more than exceeded my expectations.

Proud of you Hez!!!!

LOVE HEZ BEST CULT LEADER

Hezekon is one of two cabinet members to have actually seen a downward trend from their previous standing in the midterm polls, down to 75% from their previously solid 81.5% approval rate. 5 responses indicates dissatisfaction and 2 responded neutrally, with a comment calling Media Day “a flop” though there appear to be plenty of enthusiastic Hezecultists out there still.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Outreach Minister Maowi?: 100% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Outreach Minister Maowi?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
MAOWI I LOVE YOU

Maowi? Wow-ee!

You did an amazing job Maowiii, very proud of you.

Moawi has also been a great minister, they have been very helpful when I had to set up my Outreach stuff

Outreach Minister Maowi saw a meteoric rise to 100% approval ratings in the back half of the term, in symmetrical fashion to their fellow 88.9%-ganger in Pland Adanna. Their responses were split 75% Very Satisfied and 25% Satisfied, mirroring Pland Adanna as well, bringing some extra juice and excitement to an incoming election that sees the two face off in competing tickets. The comments were particularly positive, with one commenter expressing a declaration of love for Maowi, while others lauded their work in helping newer staffers get acquainted to the Ministry.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister Without Portfolio Vor?
: 32.2% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister Without Portfolio Vor?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Satisfied with first part, and then he just disappeared. Neutral on average. No need for MwP in the future I hope

I have no strong opinions one way or the other, really can’t tell you what he did.

This is the more funny cabinet Minister as they are a Minister of anything when needed.

Vortfolio - it's hard to properly gauge the contributions of someone who hasn't been in the limelight but I think Vor did a good job

I'm sure they've been doing work, and I have seen them active. I just can't really name any projects they worked with.

No idea what his role was this term

Bring him back!

This position even existed? lol

Minister Without a Portfolio Vor ended the term with the lowest approval rating in the cabinet at 32.2%, down from 51.8% at the midterm. The lack of approval largely lies within the neutral range, which dominates the responses at 57.1%, while dissatisfaction has actually dropped to 10.7% from 14.8%, indicating perhaps some improvement in that category. In general, comments reflected some lack of exposure to Vor’s actual work, expressing confidence in his work but largely being confused as to their place in the current administration, which likely explains the nature of Vor’s low approval rate.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Attorney General Darcness?: 53.5% Satisfied
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Attorney General Darcness?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
this time I'll say very satisfied because he fulfilled 100% of the requirements of the job, it's just that there weren't many

Same as Vor, can’t really tell you what he did or didn’t do.

None.

j chillin

He's wrong about the CQ

The case he pursued was fine to attempt but he didn't pursue it energetically - I know he ended up having some RL issues but it just seems like the case was an afterthought

Attorney General Darcness climbs back up slightly to 53.5% approval, the second lowest in the cabinet — this is accompanied by a still-significant but now smaller chunk of respondents who are neutral at 32.1%, shored up from the midterm, and a slightly higher dissatisfaction rate at 14.3%. One comment seemed to summarize opinions fairly succinctly, remarking that “he fulfilled 100% of the requirements of the job, it's just that there weren't many”.

Which of the following Cabinet Members would you like to see return to their role this term?

• Comms Minister Pland Adanna - 88%
  • Outreach Minister Maowi - 76%
  • Grand Admiral Forilian, Interior Minister Prim, and Foreign Affairs Minister PhDre - 72%
  • World Assembly Affairs Minister PaleLand - 60%
  • Culture Minister Hezekon - 48%
  • Attorney General Darcness - 40%
  • Minister without Portfolio Vor - 36%
True to form, Pland Adanna and Maowi respectively lead the pack at 88% and 76% each, followed closely behind by Ministers Forillian, Prim, and PhDre, who performed strongly in both approval rates and return-percentages.

Trailing slightly behind is Paleland at 60%, who is the last Cabinet member above 50% — only Culture Minister Hezekon, Attorney General Darcness, and Minister without a Portfolio Vor fail to crest over the 50% mark, with Hezekon at 48%, Darcness at 40% and Vor at 36%. These return approval rates largely match the order of general approval ratings, though powerhouse performances by Pland Adanna and Maowi are somewhat dampened in proportion to their fellow Ministers while Hezekon gets a harsher decree than was otherwise reflected, perhaps due to their presence in the same role two terms in a row now.

Great write-up, McEntire and West! Definitely interesting results, although it certainly seems that sometimes these polls provide more questions than answers... :p

Last edited:
Is this West's first EBC article o: I look forward to many more!! Great work West and Mac, these analyses were very fun to read. And interesting results for sure, as Pland says !!

What a nice write-up! I love the 100% ratings all over the board, and the candidates got the best ones too. It seems like this pivotal Frontier term went well which is great to see!

A great analysis! Thanks for taking the time to write this, and good luck to the Presidential candidates.

Back