EBC Interviews: Senator Charlotte

Seven Deaths: Welcome Citizens of Europeia, Ambassadors and Esteemed Guests to another exciting interview. Here with me today is Charlotte, the youngest Senator(in terms of Forum time) to be elected this term. How are you doing tonight Charlotte?

Charlotte: Thank you, I'm feeling pretty good - and have been since the election, looking forward to the work ahead of us. How are you feeling?

SD: I'm doing just great. So, let's get down to business. There's been a lot of talk recently about Senate Reform. While you are a member of the reform committee, there have been a lot of ideas thrown around by major players in Europeia. Ideas such as instituting an economy, drastically overhauling the nature of our Senate and Executive through a brand new separation of responsibility. What are your thoughts on the subject?

C: As I yesterday returned from a short leave of absence, I was positively surprised by the many ideas that had sprung up. Legislative and government reform is really what we should be focusing on now, and we shouldn't really dismiss any ideas without looking into them. The purpose of all this is of course to attract and maintain regional activity, and we must never forget that. If, for example, an economy would mean more power for long-term members and a harder time for newer member, then that might not be the best proposal for Europeia - and that goes for all ideas.

SD: Well, that's a safe answer for someone who might not know a lot about it yet and to be honest, it's what I expected. On the topic of reform though, there are sever political parties that have surfaced in Europeia lately. Have you joined one? If so, why that particular party?

C: I joined the Free Conservative Party when it first formed and the Citizen's Party on June 26, but I am yet to be accepted. Back when the FCP was formed, it was Europeia's only party, which really was my original reason for joining. Its goals has always been increased political and regional activity though, and I hope that all political parties, including the FCP, can contribute to reforming the government.

SD: So how are you liking Europeia so far? Is this your first region?

C: It is my first region, and I have to say I'm loving it. I lurked around the forum for some time before doing anything - it might not be the best or fastest way to learn how a region functions, but it's one way to do it.

SD: Everyone's got a system. You aren't the first to join and then wait a while before getting involved. How do you plan on going about your first term as Senator? Do you have a plan?

C: For now, I plan to focus on strengthening the Citizens' Assembly whilst government reform is being discussed - as I set out in my Senate CampaignSenate campaign. I believe this will be what attracts and maintains new activity on the forums. With this, I hope to see a Senate that is willing to share its powers with the CA - and a reformed executive if time allows it.

SD: Okay, well I have just one last question. Assuming this term goes well for you, how do you see yourself in Europeia three months down the road? Where do you want to be, government-wise?

C: I can already say I don't intend to seek re-election. Not because I don't believe I can do good work in the Senate, but simply because my vacation ends. I highly doubt that I'll have time to contribute to the Senate on a satisfying level with the limited free time that I'll have. Instead, I intend to take part in the CA and hopefully get some done there.

I don't see myself in a leading position in the future - being a senator is enough responsibility. But it's quite an opportunity that I've been given, and I need to cherish it.

SD: Well, that about wraps things up. Anything else you'd like to say to our viewers?

C: Viewers or readers - thank you.

SD: And thank you Charlotte for stopping by. And thank you to everyone who tunes in. Have a nice week everyone and good night! :)

A great interview - thank you, SD. :)
Cerian Quilor said:
A nice interview. I hope we at least see plenty of Charlotte in the CA after her term.
I think you will, I wouldn't know what to do with my free time.

Back