EBC End of Term Senate Poll Results

EBC End of Term Senate Poll Results
By Marnip

The EBC recently released a poll to gauge the performance of the Senate this term. The results are quite informative and provide an insight into what individuals think about the current Senate.

The first question simply asked if the respondents had participated in the last Senate Election. Of the 24 total respondents, 21 had participated and 3 had not.

The second question asked respondents to rank the Senators according to their performance with 1 for the best Senator and 6 for the worst.
The results in order from lowest to highest mean are as follows:
1.) Aexnidaral Seymour
2.) Drecq
3.) Sopo
4.) Kaboom
5.) GraVandius
6.) JGlenn

The first and most suprising statistic is the standard deviation and variance for Drecq showing a high differentiation in opinion among Europeians. While Drecq did attain the most first place votes, he also accumulated 5 sixth place votes. This dropped his mean down significantly, showing a varied opinion among citizens. Even though Aexnidaral Seymour had less first place votes, he managed to only have 2 votes in the fourth to sixth place range.
The last four individuals were close to one another with variances and standard deviations remaining around 1. The only individual that some respondents chose differently on was Kaboom with a variance of 2.69.

The third question asked respondents to rate the Senators on the quality of their debates during their term. The results in order from best to worst were:
1.) Aexnidaral Seymour
2.) Sopo
3.) Drecq
4.) Kaboom
5.) GraVandius
6.) JGlenn

The top three individuals were extremely close, all being within 0.5 points of one another. Kaboom only trailed the third placed individual by .09 with GraVandius and JGlenn rounding out the field respectively. Another key statistic from this question is the amount of variance for Drecq. Once again, many individuals gave him a perfect 5 for his debates with some giving him a 1. This variance in scoring dropped Drecq from a first or second place finish, down to third. Kaboom had a variety of mixed responses with most of his ratings in the 2, 3, and 4 range. The last two Senators were not close with GraVandius attaining a majority of the 2 rating, and JGlenn attaining mostly 1 ratings.

Our fourth question asked respondents to rate the Senators on the legislation they had introduced before the Senate. The ratings from best to worse are as follows:
1.) Aexnidaral Seymour
2.) Sopo
3.) Drecq
4.) Kaboom
5.) GraVandius
6.) JGlenn

Aex Seymour sits out in front by a wide margin. However, the second, third, and fourth placed individuals are closer. Drecq once again suffers from a plethora of 1 votes which drops him below Sopo who had a variety of 3 votes. Kaboom almost overtook Drecq for fourth place, but due to a lack of 5 votes, remained in fifth place. JGlenn is in last due to his absence and very seldom activity in the Senate.

The fifth question had respondents choose which sitting Senators they would reelect if they ran again. The results from most likely to be elected to least likely are as follows:
1.) Aexnidaral Seymour
2.) Drecq
3.) Kaboom
4.) Sopo
5.) GraVandius
6.) JGlenn

Seymour once again dominates the field with 71% of voters saying they would reelect him to a second term. Drecq follows with 58% of respondents saying they would reelect him. This is surprising due to the large number of 1 votes in several categories, which caused him to fall several spots. This could be explained by the relationships within Europeia and the personal feelings toward Drecq. Kaboom pulls an impressive 46% even with lackluster ratings in the above categories. This could be attributed to Kaboom's overall newness to Europeia and a feeling that, as a Europeian who has only been around one year, he did well. Sopo comes in fourth with 25% of respondents wanting him to be reelected. Many could say this is due to Europeians expecting more from an individual with experience in the Europeian community. The last two in our poll GraVandius and JGlenn only managed to convince 8% and 4%, respectively, of voters that they should be relected.

The sixth questions had respondents evaluate the overall performance of the Senate in four separate categories. Only two of the categories surpassed the 50th percentile, Introduction of Legislation and Modification of Existing Legislation, which barely etched by around 0.4 points. The other two categories, effectiveness and efficiency, were below the 50th percentile. The results can mainly be attributed to a lackluster term with many Senators inactive and some business becoming bottle necked on the floor as quorums were not present.

The last item asked what Europeian citizens individuals would like to see on the Senate. The results were as follows from most mentions to least (tied individuals are random order):
1.) Notolecta: 5
2.) Marnip: 5
3.) Malashaan: 5
4.) Hyango: 3
5.) Cool Spring: 3
6.) WritingLegend: 3
7.) Kraketopia: 3
8.) Sloosh: 3
9.) Shufie: 3
10.) Kazaman: 3
11.) Moronist Decisions: 2
12.) Mousebumples: 2
13.) HEM: 2
14.) Kuramia: 2
15.) Ferdy: 2
16.) PhDre: 1
17.) Trabardia: 1
18.) Lethen: 1
19.) Fortunado: 1
20.) Netz: 1
21.) Possibly this: 1
22.) Ninja Kittens: 1
23.) Erebos: 1

Conclusion:
Overall, the Senate suffered several rough patches, which attributed to lower to mid-range ratings in several categories. Drecq had the most interesting statistic with respondents either selecting high numbers or low numbers. The EBC believes this could be due to the varying relationships throughout the region. The new Senate will have an interesting time readjusting and ensuring that business gets done efficiently and effectively. We thank all of our respondents for their participation!

When it comes to Drecq, it sounds like people are having a hard time differentiating between actual performance and disagreeing with his views. Nonetheless, I think we all know that Drecq continues to be one of the best Senators, both this term and generally, regardless of an attempt to bring him down in the polls.

Wow! Very heartening results to hear/see. Especially after some of the wrong headed and frankly personally lobbed nasty comments some had previously. It's great to see Drecq and I topping the field! I appreciate the votes of confidence. :)

People either love or hate me but at least I elicit strong feelings. :p

I'd be interested to see what the individual breakdowns were, and if those who leaned more heavily towards approval of you disliked me more, and those who leaned towards heavier approval of me disliked you more.

If that's the case... Drecq/Aexnidaral 2016, a unity of strongly divided opinions!

I wonder if we can have a poll for unnecessary levels of shade. :p

Great Work with the Charts :D they look cool

Well all these polls seem to be consistent in their ratings of me..:p

Back