EBC End-Of-Term Administration Poll Results

There were 23 respondents to the EBC end-of-term Administration poll.

Compiled below are the rankings and scores for members of the Kraken Administration.

Rank each member of the Administration from 1-10
Malashaan8.21
Moronist Decisions7.95
Writinglegend7.7
Trinnien7.61
ADMINISTRATION7.3
Netz7.21
Kraketopia6.9
Sopo6.52
Calvin Coolidge6.43

Of note, Malashaan comes away with the highest score, a full 1.78 points higher than the lowest ranked member of the Administration, Calvin Coolidge. Malashaan has overseen multiple months of an increase in new forum users per day, and his overall popularity may have given him breathing room over other members of the Administration.

Close behind, Writinglegend's score of 7.7 reflects the ERN's heightened role in significant raids on founderless regions, tag raids with friends and allies.

As Vice President, Trinnien rates a full 0.71 points higher than President Kraketopia. The Beacon's poll suggests that an overwhelming majority of Europeians are interested in seeing Trinnien run for President - and having a higher rating than his boss must be emboldening for this up and coming Europeian.

The Administration as a whole was rated a 7.3. Culture, Foreign Affairs, and Comm each were ranked below the Administration's overall score, as was President Kraketopia.

Netz's score may be hurt by a fuzziness on the role of Culture - traditionally a difficult Ministry to stand out in. It is unclear whether Netz's roll in Culture can be considered positive or negative by Europeian citizens.

Sopo's rating as Minister of Foreign Affairs reflects as much upon the circumstances of his appointment to the position as to his own lack of communication in that role. The resignation of CSP halfway through the term clearly left Foreign Affairs in a poor state, which Kraken was unable to salvage during Sopo's half term. Admittedly, Sopo was dealt a very poor hand as troubles in The South Pacific flared up early in his term. However, questions remain about the effectiveness of the deputy system in Foreign Affairs, which has replaced the Ambassador system. The new deputy system has left many without a clear idea of how they can contribute in Foreign Affairs, and lack of communication from the Ministry has crippled its rating this term.

Calvin Coolidge rounds out the bottom of the Administration's ministries, as Communications has taken steps back in EBC and mixlr. Calvin has pointed to the Dispatch Upvote Squad as his greatest success this term, and Europeians may have been unimpressed. Low activity and quiet airways are a bad combination for a Communications Minister, and Calvin suffered as a result.

President Kraketopia fell below the average for the administration and below all but two Cabinet members. Without a signature accomplishment, and poor communication in key Ministries throughout the term, poll respondents may have felt Kraken was below average relative to the team he assembled.

54% of EBC poll respondents indicated they would reelect President Kraken without knowing any other candidate. This seems to be an abnormally high number considering the results of The Beacon’s poll, which saw only 31% of respondents wanting to see Kraken run for President and had him losing to WL, Trinn, and Drecq in mock election results. I strongly question the validity of our own results in light of a strong preference against Kraken in The Beacon’s polls coupled with below average score for the President compared to Trinn ( -0.71), Mala (- 1.31), WL (-0.8). Therefore, it is difficult to believe that Europeians are truly willing to reelect Kraken.

On a brighter note for the Administration, 78% of respondents feel the region is on the right track. Even with below average poll results in key ministries including Foreign Affairs and Communications, Europeians are optimistic about the future of the region

Looking forward, respondents suggested areas of focus for the next administration. These suggestsions centered around the poorest scoring ministries. Selected comments are included below:

More stable foreign affairs, more output from Communications, better EBC and Mixlr, more engaging of those willing to help help from the Cabinet heads
Completing the FA reform so that there is a clear way for newer members to get involved and know what is involved.
More mixlr content, particular content that is paired with written articles and excerpts from the audio shows.
Continue the work that Sopo has started in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Foreign Affairs. Got off to a slow start ...The next President will need to be strong in FA.

A number of respondents pointed to reorganization of the Culture subforum and mixlr content as areas to improve on. Overall, short responses were consistent with concerns about progress and results shown in Foreign Affairs, Culture, and Communications.

Note: There were 23 respondents to the EBC end-of-term Administration poll. In this piece, a similar poll ran by the private media outlet The Beacon is frequently referenced - it is important to note they obtained 16 respondents and thus had a smaller sample size.

Thank you. I think it's pretty interesting that our lowest ranked Minister is now running for VP, suggesting we are either living in a world where Calvin performed much better than he polled, and the common wisdom of the region is wrong in pegging him the worst Minister, or we are living in a world where he did not do well as Minister and is now running for VP on the back of a poor term. I'm not sure which world we live in.

MoC performed well this term, and by the numbers - better than the last four, I believe. Calvin however has had, for better or for worse, consistent visibility issues, and I think it's always been rather unfair to him.

Crap analysis as always PhDre. I think it's quite believable that Europeians would have been willing to re-elect me, had I been able to commit to a second term. Of course Europeians aren't going to say they want to see me as President against others when they know I won't run again, but when judged based on the job done, it's understandable that they'd be willing to support me. This has been a great term, with a lot of solid work being done. WAH was the start of a signature accomplishment, and work done in the future will only further embellish this, over the antiquated and outdated ambassadorial system you favour. When I began this term, I made it clear that I was building a "passing the torch" administration, and had no plans for grand schemes. This term has accomplished that in many ways. Interior numbers and initiatives have been highly favourable, Comms output has been excellent, the Winter Ball was well done, the ERN was highly successful, and backroom FA policy dealings have been handled very well, although the region obviously can't see these. FA was a weak spot due to two inactive Ministers, but there are failures in every Administration. I have also had a strong presence in legislative affairs, vetoing what is probably a record amount of legislation, in at least modern Europeia.

As for my role in all this, I did what any good President should. I set out the strategic vision, facilitated, advised, and made sure things ran well. I let Ministers do their thing and run their Ministries as best they could, and promoted synergy between Ministries. I think all of my Ministers will confirm that I was an active presence on Cabinet and assisted where assistance was needed. I grow weary of the idea that a President needs to strumpet around in front of the populace every two seconds, and that if he sits back in Cabinet and helps get real work done (and the output numbers this term confirm that an excellent amount of real work was indeed done) he's somehow inadequate. This has been a great term. Cabinet is to be thanked for their hard work, all citizens who assisted in Ministries are to be thanked for their hard work, and I'm proud of this term.

Crap analysis as always PhDre.
Thank you.

I think it's quite believable that Europeians would have been willing to re-elect me, had I been able to commit to a second term.
Sure, except you got trounced in a number of hypothetical matchups in The Beacon's poll - which is not to say that you would lose those matchups, but we see you lost 30 points to WL, 14 points to Drecq in head to head matchups and that only 33% of Beacon respondents wanted to see you run for President at all.

There are also methodology failures with asking whether respondents are willing to reelect a President who makes it clear he is trying to pass the torch. The disparity between the Beacon poll and this one shows that the kinds of questions we ask are important - this question (as was the poll itself) was used in a previous EBC poll here. No word on the quality of analysis there.

That is not the same as saying you had a bad term. You go in depth into a number of success in your administration, and it may be unfair that the President does not reap the poll numbers that high quality Ministers receive for their efforts. I would agree that FA was a particular weak spot and the weak poll numbers there are to be expected. Both you and Calvin suffered from a lack of visibility as Trinn points out.

WAH was the start of a signature accomplishment, and work done in the future will only further embellish this, over the antiquated and outdated ambassadorial system you favour

WAH is a very good step, however I do not see why it cannot coexist with an ambassador system, which in turn can coexist with a deputy system.

I think the big factor to him "losing" was that he stated this wasn't going to be running again. Was he not as visible as he could have? yes, but I don't think that is a huge factor. He was probably also "held" down by MoFA, which suffered from inactivity. I think he was a great president, and I think he would have won in a hypothetical run. I think the statistics will skew against him no matter what, just because his run is only hypothetical, and we know he won't run.

PhDre said:
I think it's pretty interesting that our lowest ranked Minister is now running for VP, suggesting we are either living in a world where Calvin performed much better than he polled, and the common wisdom of the region is wrong in pegging him the worst Minister, or we are living in a world where he did not do well as Minister and is now running for VP on the back of a poor term. I'm not sure which world we live in.
Frankly, I'm going to let the Ministry's output numbers speak for themselves. I understand people may have their opinions on me, but I truly think this was a very productive term for Communications.

Can we see graphs (i.e. the Analytics page for Google Forms), or at least get more stats on the numbers? High/Low votes, Median, and Mode would be helpful, I'd think in getting a better feel for the story here. In my MousePoll experience, oftentimes the stats themselves will tell a story. (i.e. lots of high and low votes without "middling" votes means one thing; outliers high or low can impact numbers one way or another as well)

Back