EBC Doctor Who Review

EBC TV Lounge:
Doctor Who

Part of the EBC Review Lounge Series​

I enjoy a good alien invasion movie. So many good ones. War of the Worlds, Men In Black, Independence Day, and so on and so on. Doctor Who has given many alien invasion stories over the years and this is one of them. So let's get on to The Power of Three.

So, the story starts out with Amy narrating about her life with The Doctor and her normal life. We then see her talking to Rory about this and how they really have two lives and they need to choose which to be a part of. They then hear the TARDIS and leave with Amy saying that they always become part of his life, but he never stays around long enough to be part of their life. That is until the year of The Slow Invasion. Overnight, all these small black cubes appear all over the world. Yes you heard me, cubes. Millions of them. All over the world. The Doctor comes to find out what they are with the help of Amy, Rory, Brian, and the return of UNIT(Unified Intelligence Task Force) headed by Kate Stewart. So, it's up to them to figure what the cubes are and if they have any sinister meaning behind them.

This episode was an alright episode, with the return of UNIT and all. However, the ending just felt really rushed to me and I didn't really care for it. Other than that, I liked the episode. I give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

SD and I were talking about it on Facebook earlier. Rushed, didn't even feel like a full episode. I could have done without it.

Kate Stewart was a refreshing surprise.

What I thought was nifty was Kate Stewart being Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart's daughter. Other than that, I shan't be watching that episode again anytime soon. What I have been watching over and over again was The Eleventh Hour or Matt Smith's first Adventure with Amy. During an interview at Comic Con, he said to watch it carefully for hints about Amy and Rory's departure(Read: Amy's "hopeful" death), but so far I haven't found anything.

Which episode/arc in particular?

Huh?? The Eleventh Hour was the first episode of Season 5. Supposedly that episode contains hints about Amy and Rory's departure from the series. Other than that, I don't understand the question. :p

Huh?? The Eleventh Hour was the first episode of Season 5. Supposedly that episode contains hints about Amy and Rory's departure from the series. Other than that, I don't understand the question. :p
Sorry, I...I don't know. Ignore me.

What clues have you found? :ph43r:

Sorry, I...I don't know. Ignore me.

What clues have you found? :ph43r:
The only thing I've seen in regards to anything that could be a clue is Amy's mention of psychiatrists. In fact, if it hadn't happened to Donna already, I'd say that Amy and Rory both forget the Doctor exists, yet think that he exists. That doesn't make any sense though.

It would, however, go along well with my theory as to what the Question means. Instead of "Doctor Who?" meaning who he is, I think it means WHO he is. Basically, everyone in the Universe forgets the Doctor when they need him most. I mean, the Daleks already forgot him..

Coma patients...5 - 12 - 2...Patient Zero "bonding" with young Amy and the Doctor....Leadworth...idk.

We'll find out soon!

Back