EBC Doctor Who Review

EBC TV Lounge:
Doctor Who

Part of the EBC Review Lounge Series​

Ah Doctor Who. One of the greatest Sci-Fi series of all time. What was that? You don't know what Doctor Who is? Where have you been living under a rock? For those of you who don't know, Doctor Who is a British Television series about a time traveling alien, who travels with various companions, in his time machine, which is disguised as a 1960's British Police Box. When the Doctor gets seriously injured, he can regenerate, causing him to change his appearance.

The current series is a revived version of the old series that was around between the 60's and 80's. The original series was suspended in '89, with a tv movie coming out in 1996 in hopes of creating an American produced series. The current series was brought back in 2005 with Christopher Eccleston playing The Doctor.

The good thing about Doctor Who is that you can jump right into an episode without really having to see the previous episode save for two-parters. That way, it's really easy to enter the series and start watching.

So then, the current season we happen to be in, is with the current Doctor, or The 11th incarnation of him or the guy who my avatar is. He is currently traveling with Amy Pond and her husband Rory Williams. They also sometimes meet up with River Song but that's for another time.

So, on Saturday, September 1st, the new season of Doctor Who started, making many a Whovian happy. So, this will not reveal much of the plot because as River Song says, spoilers.

The premire deals with the Doctor's biggest enemy, the Daleks, a bunch of robots that are piloted by weird looking squid things, that thankfully, you don't see much. The Doctor, with Amy and Rory are taken to Sarko, the Daleks homeworld. They need them to go to the Dalek Asylum, a planet filled with crazy and broken Daleks, to help solve a problem there. We also meet someone who happens to be trapped inside the Asylum, a women named Oswin who isn't all that she appears to be. With this in place the Doctor has to do the deed of the Daleks and try to save Oswin all at the same. This episode is very interesting, and has a great deal of character development with Rory and Amy.

All in all, I was happy with the premiere and thought that it was a good start to what will be a great season. The ending I think is what really did it for me, making for more interesting episodes with The Doctor in the future.

Out of 5 *'s. I give this show **** 1/2*.

*Skaro

It was an awesome start to a hopefully awesome story. I'm looking forward to the new companion who will, if we're lucky, not be Amy and Rory. Two of the most useless companions ever. The only good thing they did was bring the Doctor back after he erased himself rebooting the internet Universe.

This episode is very interesting, and has a great deal of character development with Rory and Amy.

That's all they ever do! Nothing but character development. :p

*Skaro

It was an awesome start to a hopefully awesome story. I'm looking forward to the new companion who will, if we're lucky, not be Amy and Rory. Two of the most useless companions ever. The only good thing they did was bring the Doctor back after he erased himself rebooting the internet Universe.

This episode is very interesting, and has a great deal of character development with Rory and Amy.

I knew I would mess up something in there!!

I know it's not going to be Amy and Rory, because they have come out and said they are leaving sometime around the halfway point. Don't really care that much for Rory. All he's good for is dying! :p The only slightly cool thing he did was punch out Hitler.

*Skaro

I know it's not going to be Amy and Rory, because they have come out and said they are leaving sometime around the halfway point. Don't really care that much for Rory. All he's good for is dying! :p The only slightly cool thing he did was punch out Hitler.
So, what exactly is the companion's job.

*Skaro

So, what exactly is the companion's job.
The main reason is to just travel around with The Doctor, seeing as he gets lonely out there. They also help him out when he needs it.

Spoilers! How the hell are they going to deal with Oswin's character now?

By the by, its Skaro, not Sarko.

David Tennant is better!!!!!! *runs out*
*Tries to chase shadowlurker down before giving up and shuffles back to Senate Office.*

Well, some people like Tennant more than Smith and I'm fine with that. I like Tennant and Smith on the same level. Both bring uniqueness to their version of The Doctor.

*spray paints TENNANT FOR LIFE on Drexlore's Senate Office door in giant gangstar letters*

Back