Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Delaware

Honos Habet Onus
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
This discussion comes fresh from conversations held today via Eurochat. In short, what would a first strike from North Korea look like? Would their missiles fly free without being targeted and destroyed by AEGIS Cruisers in the Sea of Japan? Would they hit strategic targets on the U.S. East or West Coast or would they splash harmlessly into the sea. Would they open up with Artillery on Seoul? Would they breach the DMZ?

In turn, what would a first strike or as National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster put it a 'bloody nose' look like? Would SEAD lead the way? Would there be boots on the ground?

and what of China or South Korea? Will they get involved and to what extent?

I'm interested to hear your opinions.

This discussion is absurd fearmongering.

Comrade Prim said:
I just thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss, I'm not sure I see how it's fear-mongering :(

Comrade Prim said:
Given that the DPRK has threatened preemptive nuclear annihilation of the United States, it is prudent for the US to evaluate and consider all options.

Deepest House said:
Comrade Prim said:
Given that the DPRK has threatened preemptive nuclear annihilation of the United States, it is prudent for the US to evaluate and consider all options.
Yeah, the US has never called it part of an axis of evil, called for regime change, threatened their destruction, or consistently carried out war games with their enemy practicing for their destruction. Nope, it's only the DPRK that's the bad guy here...

Also, as opposed to the dozens of other leftist governments that the US/CIA has toppled in the past 70 years, the DPRK has survived, so they must be doing something right.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said the U.S. is without responsibility for the situation on the Korean peninsula. I said that the DPRK has threatened preemptive nuclear annihilation of the U.S. - that's it. Given that context, to somehow imply that a discussion of a conflict between the two is fear mongering is without merit, especially in the current geopolitical climate that has seen the tensions rise to some of their highest levels in years. This is a situation that goes all the way back to when the U.S. and the Soviet Union decided to occupy the peninsula after the Korean population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back