Default Link Behavior Change

Malashaan

Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
They/she
All:

We (and by we, I mean r3n) have changed the behavior of links included in posts using the URL tag. Unlike the norm on the wider Internet, The Zetaboards default is for links to open in a new tab, which cannot be manually overridden. We have changed that so that clicking on links now opens them in the current tab by default. You can still open links in a new tab by either ctrl+clicking or right clocking (or its equivalent) and selecting "open in a new tab."

Please let one of the admin team know if you have any questions about this change.

Yay, thanks.

Not yaying, I hate when it doesn't open by default in a separate tab. Note how every redirect subforum we have in this region opens to a new tab... :p

Lethen said:
Not yaying, I hate when it doesn't open by default in a separate tab. Note how every redirect subforum we have in this region opens to a new tab... :p
Well, if you want to open it in a new tab, it's easy to press down CTRL when you click the link. If you want it in the same tab there's no way to override the new tab behavior.

Rand said:
Lethen said:
Well, if you want to open it in a new tab, it's easy to press down CTRL when you click the link. If you want it in the same tab there's no way to override the new tab behavior.
I just press down on the scroll button on my mouse.

Leo Drakan said:
Rand said:
Lethen said:
I just press down on the scroll button on my mouse.
Weirdo.

With the change, you get to choose: Open in the same tab (click), or open in a new tab (ctrl + click). Previously, you had no choice.

Also, this is the standard behavior for links in most websites.

r3naissanc3r said:
With the change, you get to choose: Open in the same tab (click), or open in a new tab (ctrl + click). Previously, you had no choice.

Also, this is the standard behavior for links in most websites.
I love that clicking on specific posts no longer launches a new tab. That had been annoying to me previously.

Back