December Post-Debate Presidential Poll Results

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
During the last 24 hours, this poll received twenty responses from potential voters on the subject of the presidential debates. Here are the results:

So, as we can see, all of our participants watched the first debate in some form, while a sizable majority watched the second in some form, so our participants are engaged, and (hopefully) educated on the candidates' performances/campaigns.

These two questions were the only ones not required to be answered, since not everyone would have an opinion on who won the debates, especially if they didn't watch them, so that's why the numbers are not consistent with the rest of the poll.

As far as the analysis goes, Kraketopia clearly won the first debate,with nearly all voters agreeing on that front. This stands to reason, as Kraken is the current Grand Admiral, former President, and Minister of Foreign Affairs, while Ninja Kittens has yet to hold any leadership position in this field.

When it comes to the second debate, where the candidates are on more equal footing, Ninja Kittens win, albeit barely. This one's close enough to be a draw, considering the relatively low number of responses.

There's a pretty clear trend that we can follow here: Kraketopia leads going into the first debate, and after his win, he gets a huge increase in support (and our undecideds appeared to have made up their minds), then after the second debate, a lot of that support shifts to Ninja Kittens, and the two are pretty much even going into the election. It seems that in this election, the debates played a large role in shaping the public's view of the candidates, with the "winner" of each debate seeing an increase in support, each time.​

What issues would you like to see addressed in more detail by the candidates?
  • Plans and details. Both like to talk about how their changes or whatever are better than others, but merely changing things won't magically fix anything. The process needs to change, which requires more details than we've gotten from either campaign in most circumstances.
  • There's been a lot of dodging by both candidates, but I think mixlr is the biggest hole in both platforms.
  • Literally every single fucking one of the issues. Is there any issues that have actually been addressed? No. Everyone and their fancy talking points. "Elect me, I will vaguely lead Europeia into a vaguely better time."
  • Nothing the two debates covered it all
  • I don't want to hear the specifics of what will be moved where. We've moved around the structure of the government so much, and not much has changed. When they argue over structural issues, it makes me feel less like they understand what needs to be done.

Any comments on the race so far?
  • Kraken/Trinn seem to be providing actual answers, While NK/Sopo provide a lot of fluff.
  • The Domestic Debate was NK's opportunity to show off a strength that arguably Kraken couldn't match. The debate lacked substance or a proper attention to the things that really matter in aspects of domestic policy with a greater focus on shiny things that seem important but ... really aren't. A missed opportunity, really, in my book.
  • Kraken got very aggressive in the domestic policy debate. It was like he felt he had to attack NK rather than let his ideas stand for themselves.
  • I'm waiting for a transcript of the Domestic debate.
  • The debate got a little heated perhaps because this might be the closes vote we've seen in a while.
  • Holy fucking shit have these debates been dryer than fucking chardonnay. I've learned more from watching PBS muted with my eyes closed. Do either of the candidates actually want to be President? They don't really seem that ambitious to do it. One seems like they're just lazily sliding into office on their laurels and the other seems to be the credible but not quite ready to be President candidate.If I had to pick a winner in this Presidential election I'd want to vote for Ninja, not because I think either of them has particularly good plans for Europeia but because it seems like she has the most to prove to try to do well. I just want this clusterfuck to be over. We need to start being less docile and more active. Another thing that is slightly turning me off is how vicious Kraketopia acts towards Ninja. Yeah, we get it, you're amazing and you could win without even having to wag your finger to shake a booger off, that's great for you. Trinnien for President. Someone give me some fucking coffee and so I can not fall comatose before I cast my vote. Kraketopia gets a 4/10, Ninja gets a 5.5/10.
  • NK is putting up a fight but has had very disappointing debage performances. Overall, she hasn't shown herself to be a competent candidate.

This race has been shown to be a real roller coaster, with both candidates gaining and losing support in the blink of an eye. Will this momentum last for Ninja Kittens? Have the undecideds finally made up their minds? Only time will tell. Well, time and the polls. In the meantime, this is Calvin Coolidge, reminding you to get out there and vote.

This has been a strange and largely disappointing race on both fronts. Given that I've been informed that if the first poll ends up tied, we do it all over again for a "runoff" without any changes, I'll be annoyed if we have a tie. So people better not make a tie, and the Senate should fix that stupidity.

Mousebumples said:
This has been a strange and largely disappointing race on both fronts. Given that I've been informed that if the first poll ends up tied, we do it all over again for a "runoff" without any changes, I'll be annoyed if we have a tie. So people better not make a tie, and the Senate should fix that stupidity.
Wait...so if this election ends in a tie, we do a runoff of the same two people all over again?

Kaboom said:
Mousebumples said:
Wait...so if this election ends in a tie, we do a runoff of the same two people all over again?
That's what the law says, so yes.

Back