Culture Nominee Faces Resistance

Culture Nominee faces Resistance
Monkey confirmed as Culture
Written by JayDee

Following the release of her opening address on August 26th, President Cat nominated newcomer Monkey for the position of Culture Secretary.

President Cat’s nomination of Monkey has been part of an effort from the executive to reinvigorate passion into the newcomer population. This comes in light of what many believe to be the unfair treatment of older players over the newcomers who wish to prove themselves in many of Europeia’s most prestigious positions.

Senator Skizzy Grey was quick to criticize the nomination “I haven't been impressed by Monkey in my limited exposure to him. I'll listen to what the President and these two nominees have to say, but I could see myself voting "nay".”

“I am a bit surprised by the choices of Sam and Monkey, but I'll withhold judgement until I see them answer some questions.” Former Grand Admiral Kylia Quilor joined Skizzy in his concern of Monkey’s pick, expressing his clear surprise and angst at the nomination of a seemingly inexperienced political figure.

Malashaan would be the first to come to the defense of Monkey’s nomination. “Cat's platform had strong and ambitious plans for interior and culture, so I'd be willing to give Sam111 and Monkey the benefit of the doubt.” After Malashaan’s comment, multiple citizens and Senators would also come to the defense of Monkey’s nomination.

“Monkey is new and energetic with a plan (according to Cat), he might be just what we need in culture.” former Minister Leo would join in Monkey’s defense. Citing Monkey’s energy and clear preparation of the position

Following heavy scrutiny, Monkey defended himself against many of the attacks from Europeia’s established members. During the confirmation, Monkey alluded to his energy and determination as his keys to success. Following his defense, Monkey also posted a detailed Culture plan, proving his preparation for the position.

In light of Monkey’s comment, many more came to the defense of Monkey’s nomination. A few even going as far as to compare Monkey to Vice President Writinglegend, Europeia’s longest serving President, in his early days as a citizen.

On August 27th, just a day later, Monkey was confirmed unanimously as Minister of Culture. Following heavy scrutiny from many of Europeian’s citizens, Monkey will be amongst a team of newcomers who are all seeking to prove themselves to Europeia in the President’s cabinet.

Nice article, JayDee. Good job reporting on current events in a timely manner, and incorporating multiple viewpoints.

I feel like the conflict stated in this article was a bit exaggerated. Both senators clearly stated that they would withhold judgement based from initial preconceptions they had about Monkey, and while I saw some surprise, I certainly did not see angst from Kylia from this choice. The criticism of him didn't seem heavy or widespread, in my opinion.

I think both Monkey & Sam will do great jobs. :D

It can be hard to not assume a certain level of angst in Kylia's posts, so I give JayDee a pass on this one. :p

That said, the Senate turned around, and JayDee talks about it here: "On August 27th, just a day later, Monkey was confirmed unanimously as Minister of Culture. " I personally would have added a small clause about how 'doubts were not enough to stop the nomination', or something to that effect, to better demonstrate that the full Senate turned around and supported our new Culture Minister.

Still, this was well done. I look forward to more.

Back