former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network - "Coronation? Not this time."
Written by HEM Tiberius

There are those in the weeks proceeding this General Election who predicted Rachel Anumia would soar into the Presidency virtually unopposed. The once lusted after Goldenblock has become more burdensome in recent months, and those who would have previously sought the post of President now bid their time on the sidelines.

"Europeia isn't easy," former United Kingdom Prime Minister John Major agrees, "Most people are used to the stunning gains made over the last few years. However you reach a point where it is hard to get much higher. This is where we are now."

Indeed, there are no lightweights in this Presidential contest. Rachel Anumia has spent all of the last four months receiving notations and honors up the ying yang for her tireless work. Pope Lexus has served as Europeia's President more than most former Presidents could even imagine. Henry is a man of inconvenient grit for his opponents, with a will of iron and convictions that would terrify most politicians.

"I think the expectation was set early on, especially after the resignation of President Earth22, that Rachel would rise to the Presidency. This scenario was foiled by the bizarre reemergence of former President Lexus," former television host Jay Leno says.

But who has a real chance? Who is in the running? A Europeian Regional News Poll shows Rachel and Asperta leading the team of veterans by four votes. With only 17 votes clocked in though, this is anyone's game.

"Is Rachel Anumia ahead?" Princeton Professor Paul Krugman says, "Without a drop of doubt. Is her lead impenetrable? Absolutely not. Pope Lexus has to convince the region that he is here to stay and here to lead. I think he will be haunted by past reemergences into politics that...floundered. On the other hand, he is saved by his caretaker Presidency that showed Europeia he could do the job if called upon."

What of Henry, we asked Mr. Major: "I think he's in a much tougher spot this region. His platform was very...vacuous, and his arguments are gaining little traction with the Europeian public. His best chances seem to lay within the candidate debates."

Debates that may end up shaping the end of this race for all candidates. "I think this race will honestly depend on how much weight voters put on the debates," Leno says. "If they put little weight on debating, I say that Rachel Anumia wins the election -- possibly in one round. If voters really tune into the debates, and see Pope Lexus working those debates in the way he has done countless times past -- I say this race will very quickly become much less clear cut."

Good article.

The Anumia-Ollie election kicked off a period of tremendous success for Europeia. This race is shaping up to be the best one since then; here's hoping it ushers in a similar period of prosperity.

If that's the case, Henry is my equivalent in this contest. Sorry 'bout yet luck, buddy. :p

I like to take the side of the underdog, too. If, for nothing else, to balance the scales. I hate seeing a person fighting the odds. At the same time, I enjoy doing it myself. I enjoy being outnumbered and coming back and holding my own. I won't feel bad if I don't win. That's par for the course at this point in time. Had I given the public exactly what they wanted, things might have been different. I wanted to make them work for it and I forgot how much people loathed working for something they've become accustomed to being given, for free.

I like to take the side of the underdog, too. If, for nothing else, to balance the scales. I hate seeing a person fighting the odds. At the same time, I enjoy doing it myself. I enjoy being outnumbered and coming back and holding my own. I won't feel bad if I don't win. That's par for the course at this point in time. Had I given the public exactly what they wanted, things might have been different. I wanted to make them work for it and I forgot how much people loathed working for something they've become accustomed to being given, for free.
Now now, don't go blaming voters for not loving your style.

Lol. I wouldn't do that. I sound like it upsets me, but to each their own. I can't blame people for wanting a presidential candidate that seems fairer instead of fouler. If people here knew how I worked and how I operated; things might be different. I've had little chance to actually shine and when I had that chance, I was overly cocky. I bent myself over on that score.

Back