Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network

Citizens Cautiously Optimistic
Written By John Gallup
ENN Polling Expert

The citizens of Europeia have spoken, and they are clocking a tentative approval for most areas of government in Europeia. President Lexus clocks in with an approval rating of 75.2%, which is fairly good, but nowhere near some of his approval ratings at the end of his first series of terms.

Vice President Lethen has an approval rating of 56.6% partially due to the political party breaking and entering scandal that also shook faith in the trustworthiness of the Lexus government. Toward the end of the campaign, 82% of the region felt he [Lexus] was trustworthy. That number has since dropped to only 77% of the region feeling the Lexus Administration is trustworthy.

On Domestic affairs, most people are satisfied with Lexus. 81% of citizens either "Approve" or Strongly Approves" of Lexus' domestic work. 9.5% "Sort of Approve", while 9.6% either "Disapproves" or "Strongly Disapproves" of Lexus' domestic work.

62% of the region either "Approves" or "Strongly Approves" of the work President Lexus has been doing externally. While 33.3% "Somewhat approve." Only one person voted "Strongly Disapprove". While nobody felt Lexus has tarnished Europeia's image abroad, 62% feel there has been 'no or little change' since Lexus took office. The other 38% feel that Lexus has improved Europeia's image abroad.

The Legislature

The Senate clocks in with a 68% approval rating, which is notably (but not horribly significantly) behind that of President Lexus.

Speaker Klatonia is approved by 83% of the region, which makes him one of the most popular Senators in office. This is addition to him getting the plurality of the contest "Senator most likely to vote to retain for office."

However, this is to be expected. Klatonia being an ex-presidential candidate still has a large following around him, and it is composed of 48% of the region.

Some of his following might be tempted to say that this poll proves Klatonia to be more popular/competent than Lexus in the eyes of the voters. But the office of the Speaker, and office of the President simply cannot be compared in a poll like this.

72% of the region approves of the City Council.

Other

The Goldenblock staff is viewed as an asset by 69% of the region. While 19.5% respectively had no opinion, or feel it has not been an asset.

76% approves of Chief Justice Oliver Grey.

52% of the Europeia feels that the Chief Justice should be elected.
34% feels that the CJ should be appointed by the President
14% indicated another method is preferable.
9.5% have no opinion, or need more information.

Nlhp was most likely to be voted out, followed by Lethen.
Klatonia was most likely to be retained, followed by Asianatic.

Nlhp was most likely to be voted out, followed by Lethen.
Klatonia was most likely to be retained, followed by Asianatic.
Voted out of the Senate or voted out of the VP office?

WHAT? Okay, I could understand being voted out of the VP (which is a stretch), but really, what *haven't* I done in the Senate? I've voted, given my input, debated, etc. Klat has consulted with me about the new system for councils. The only difference is that I have no major ideas for legislation...

...and that equals having an approval rating almost as low as Nlhp's or Kab's (when he was in the Senate last)?

No, it equals pettiness.

WHAT? Okay, I could understand being voted out of the VP (which is a stretch), but really, what *haven't* I done in the Senate? I've voted, given my input, debated, etc. Klat has consulted with me about the new system for councils. The only difference is that I have no major ideas for legislation...

...and that equals having an approval rating almost as low as Nlhp's or Kab's (when he was in the Senate last)?

No, it equals pettiness.
Where's the report from the CotW? :p

j/k

Regards,

52% of the Europeia feels that the Chief Justice should be elected.
34% feels that the CJ should be appointed by the President
14% indicated another method is preferable.
9.5% have no opinion, or need more information.

Okay, doing the math here.

52 + 34 + 14 + 9.5 = 109.5%

Also, HEM, when we talked online, I got the impression this was much more towards elected.

Only 52% of the people believe it should be elected. This is technically over half and a majority, but 48% agree on some form of appointment. And apparently 9.5% have no opinion or need more information. I actually voted in the 9.5%, because I was hesitant to vote for "Some other method" without it being defined.

To imply that this is a clear victory for an elected Chief Justice is a little hasty, though.

Okay, 24% appointment by President...

...Not sure how that happened...

Ah. We still have a near 50/50 split, though. It's enough to win in First Past the Post, but in terms of granting a mandate, it's still rather split.

Another method could = playing rock paper scissors for the position.

Another method could = playing rock paper scissors for the position.
The point is that it's a method that's not elected, whatever that method is. Most reasonable people would suggest that if you're not going to elect someone to Government Office, you're going to appoint them. At least, in a Republic like Europeia, anyway. Hereditary methods don't make sense, and random methods are ridiculous in this setting.

So yes, I'd characterize this as, at the very minimum, 38% of people who are advocating some method of appointment, and another 9.5% who would probably be amenable to the suggestion. 52% is a majority but it's not a mandate.

Back