Cat Resigns Presidency

Cat Resigns Presidency
Written by JayDee

(September 2nd, 2017) Cat officially resigned her position as President of Europeia, just one week after taking over the office. This resignation comes following the declaration of King Alexander (Don) a security risk to the region. The Kingdom of Great Britain, previously a treatied partner of Europeia, was discovered to be attempting to undermine the Europeian government through lies and deceit. The resignation was made in light of the mishandling of classified information to an outside party.

Cat addressed the issue surrounding her resignation in a thread titled “I made a mistake.” “Don and I also worked closely with one another, politically. We discussed and shared things that held relevance to KoGB and its plans. However, this is where my mistake comes in. In which I trusted Don with...logs that pertained to the KGB situation, and let a situation develop amongst KoGB leadership...without informing anyone in Europeia of the growing crisis.”

Despite promises to keep it secret, Don chose to share the information from former President Cat with others within his circle, “We both made an agreement to not share what I had said, however much to my dismay he broke his promise and shared it to one of his trusted Lord Advisors for political gain.”

In light of her actions and Don’s actions, Cat issued an official apology to the Republic, “I deeply regret sharing the...screenshots, and not making others in Europeia aware of the unfolding situation in KGB. I know I’m not the best in Foreign Affairs and I made a really dumb decision.” Cat also claimed that she had “learned her lesson” but despite her apology, Cat decided to resign her office of President.

In light of President Cat’s resignation, her Vice President Writinglegend ascended to the office to serve an unprecedented 7th term as President of Europeia. In light of an opening address, Writinglegend opened the floor to questions on his presidency. In the thread, many questioned his mental ability to lead despite announcing he had no intention to seek the Presidency for a while.

Kuramia was one of the first to voice her concern about Writinglegend’s health. “I think you'll do just fine leading us, but keep in mind that your [well-being] is more important than a game. Put that first over everything else.” Honored Citizen hyanygo also joined Kuramia in her sentiments.

The Republic remains unsure on Writinglegend’s decision regarding the Presidency. The citizens of Europeia anxiously await Writinglegend’s decision. If Writinglegend chooses not to accept the office, then in accordance to the Line of Succession (2016), Minister of Foreign Affairs Darcness would ascend to the Presidency.

Back