[BREAKING NEWS] Writinglegend Elected President

Writinglegend Elected President, Sincluda to serve as Vice
Written by PhDre

In a shortened Presidential election cycle, Vice President Writinglegend (WL) defeated Grand Admiral Kuramia 42-31 (57.5% - 42.5%). Candidates participated in a Presidential debate and spent the week campaigning and answering questions on their Presidential platforms.

The Writinglegend/Sincluda ticket never trailed in the election, surging ahead in the early minutes of voting and holding their lead comfortably throughout the day. Election results were in line with the ENN Flash Poll, which put the Writinglegend/Sincluda ticket at 55% support.

Incumbent President Common-Sense Politics (CSP) initially stood, but had to remove himself from the campaign on April 9th. Vice President Writinglegend then tapped Senator Sincluda as his running mate, saying that “a critical issue … is how we can get younger members more involved and invested in leading our region.” Vice President Sincluda was level-headed when he spoke to the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation today. “It was a lot of work [to campaign], but I’ll have even more work in the term ahead. It may seem a little daunting at first, but if there’s anything this campaign has taught me, it’s that I can definitely do it.”

The Kuramia/Darkslayer ticket was seemingly manifested by Europeian citizens responding to the EBC Executive End-of-Term Poll as well as an EYES pre-election poll. In a recent Ministry of Pod episode, Kuramia exclaimed “there totally was a draft Kuramia movement!” However, Kuramia also noted that the timing of CSP's leave of absence and exit from the race left their campaign off-balance. “I was expecting CSP to be running, and waiting waiting waiting for his platform to drop was interesting, and then it wasn’t dropping and suddenly [we had to post our platform].”

President Writinglegend was nostalgic when he spoke to the EBC just after polls closed. “Returning to the Goldenblock, a place that I have called home throughout my Europeian career, is bittersweet. I look forward to the many positive memories I will make with both my team and the community.”

An inauguration speech and Cabinet nominations are expected from the President shortly, who enjoyed high approval ratings in the previous term and should be expected to take that momentum into the new term.

Sincluda’s accession to the Vice Presidency triggers a Senate by-election, which will occur just after the halfway point of the 83rd Senate’s term.

Back