Breaking News-Resignation of Deputy First Minister Whitmark

Deputy First Minister Resigns
Confusion Throughout Europeia
Written by Carathetopia

(July 30, 2019) - This morning at 7 AM CDT Deputy First Minister and Minister of Recruitment Whitmark announced his resignation from both positions. His resignation reads, "Serving Europeia was a great experience and I will be grateful to each and every member of this community for this opportunity. Thank you." This was met with shock from several members including former First Minister Lloenflys, Vice Chancellor Deepest House, and HEM, among others. They all shared the same sentiments wishing him the best and wondering where he went wrong.

A little over an hour later FM Pichtonia released a statement regarding Whitmark's resignation. In this statement he only offered one explanation. "Sadly, throughout the term, it had become evident that our ambitions did not align as much as I believed five weeks ago." This explanation was met with both confusion and dissatisfaction from several members. Many citizens were willing to vouch for Whitmark and the work he has put in, with Lloenflys stating "he has consistently proven a love of the community and an ability and willingness to work hard, and this situation seems to come out of no where"

Pichtonia later posted a message in that same thread laying out why he asked Whitmark to resign. Pichtonia expresses several issues, including a lack of encouragement in his recruiters along with a lack of innovation. According to the first minister, Whitmark would recruit rarely himself and when reminded, would "recruit a day or two before falling back into old habits." Pichtonia furthermore states Whitmark rarely engaged with other ministries outside of his own, saying the latter "did not portray the active and committed Cabinet we had." He also frequently did not respond to the daily cabinet briefing.

FM Pichtonia clarifies he did not tell Whitmark explicitly that he was doing a bad job, but did tell him why he was dissatisfied with Whitmark's work. Pichtonia in his message to Whitmark discloses, "I like you personally a lot, but in this Cabinet, you have not done the work or shown the care that I am expecting of everyone." Pichtonia, however, also mentioned in a private comment, "I wish Whitmark all the best and I've also made clear that I am thankful for his strong Interior/Recruitment work over almost three terms. Professionally I may not believe that - this term - it was enough to continue with him as Minister, but that explicitly doesn't cancel out my great appreciation of his previous work, nor does it mean I can't imagine working with him in the future. He is a player who I have grown fond of not just this term or a few days before that, but for many months now."

Many members of the community continued to thank Whitmark for his service and encourage him to get involved in the future. Deepest House commented, "I’m a bit surprised by this, but don’t know anything. You’re an incredibly important member of our community and am glad you’re here! Keep your head up, there will be more opportunities if you like." Many others wished him luck including several members of his recruitment team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work, Cara. Covered all that needed, and got it out in a timely fashion! Well done.

Uh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190730-175427.png
    Screenshot_20190730-175427.png
    276.4 KB · Views: 97

Deputy First Minister Resigns
Confusion Throughout Europeia
Written by Carathetopia

(July 30, 2019) - This morning at 7 AM CDT Deputy First Minister and Minister of Recruitment Whitmark announced his resignation from both positions. His resignation reads, "Serving Europeia was a great experience and I will be grateful to each and every member of this community for this opportunity. Thank you." This was met with shock from several members including former First Minister Lloenflys, Vice Chancellor Deepest House, and HEM, among others. They all shared the same sentiments wishing him the best and wondering where he went wrong.

A little over an hour later FM Pichtonia released a statement regarding Whitmark's resignation. In this statement he only offered one explanation. "Sadly, throughout the term, it had become evident that our ambitions did not align as much as I believed five weeks ago." This explanation was met with both confusion and dissatisfaction from several members. Many citizens were willing to vouch for Whitmark and the work he has put in, with Lloenflys stating "he has consistently proven a love of the community and an ability and willingness to work hard, and this situation seems to come out of no where"

Pichtonia later posted a message in that same thread laying out why he asked Whitmark to resign. Pichtonia expresses several issues, including a lack of encouragement in his recruiters along with a lack of innovation. According to the first minister, Whitmark would recruit rarely himself and when reminded, would "recruit a day or two before falling back into old habits." Pichtonia furthermore states Whitmark rarely engaged with other ministries outside of his own, saying the latter "did not portray the active and committed Cabinet we had." He also frequently did not respond to the daily cabinet briefing.

FM Pichtonia clarifies he did not tell Whitmark explicitly that he was doing a bad job, but did tell him why he was dissatisfied with Whitmark's work. Pichtonia in his message to Whitmark discloses, "I like you personally a lot, but in this Cabinet, you have not done the work or shown the care that I am expecting of everyone." Pichtonia, however, also mentioned in a private comment, "I wish Whitmark all the best and I've also made clear that I am thankful for his strong Interior/Recruitment work over almost three terms. Professionally I may not believe that - this term - it was enough to continue with him as Minister, but that explicitly doesn't cancel out my great appreciation of his previous work, nor does it mean I can't imagine working with him in the future. He is a player who I have grown fond of not just this term or a few days before that, but for many months now."

Many members of the community continued to thank Whitmark for his service and encourage him to get involved in the future. Deepest House commented, "I’m a bit surprised by this, but don’t know anything. You’re an incredibly important member of our community and am glad you’re here! Keep your head up, there will be more opportunities if you like." Many others wished him luck including several members of his recruitment team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work, Cara! Great to see developments covered quickly by the EBC.

Ultimately, I hope we will see Whitmark stick around and continue contributing here as much as he can and wants to.

Great coverage of a timely event! I am sure Whitmark will see continued success in the region as soon as he is able.

Another very timely article. Excellent! Thank you Cara.

Thanks for this comprehensive and clear coverage cara!

I really appreciate this information provided! It was very helpful in understanding this whole development.

Nice coverage! Just a note, I think it's a testament to the amazing personalities of both Pichto and Whitmark that both received a positive response from the community, despite what could have been a scandal.

Back