[Breaking News] President Common-Sense Politics Nominates UPC to Government Accountability Office

President Common-Sense Politics Nominates UPC to Government Accountability Office
President Common-Sense Politics Set to Revive Former Institution

Written by Writinglegend

(Europeia, March 24) President Common-Sense Politics (CSP) has nominated former Vice President UPC to a reestablished Cabinet-level position: Director of the Government Accountability Office (GAO). UPC's nomination comes midst of executive media week, an initiative by the CSP/Writinglegend administration to communicate more directly with the citizenry.

“The addition of UPC to the leadership team will allow us the bandwidth and provide us with the resources to further our goal of creating sustainable systems across ministries,” President CSP stated on the Senate floor. “We still need a little more institutional support to ensure our ultimate success and that of each of our ministers”.

The Senate immediately had questions for the new nominee. Questions included his activity levels and the need for the office. In particular, there was pushback to the creation of a new cabinet level post so late in the Executive term. "I strenuously disagree that timing isn't relevant to the merits of the creation of this post," said Senate Speaker Olde Delaware. "This is a position that is created at the beginning of a term, not with 23 days left."

The UPC responded to several Senatorial questions about the role. “I believe that data collection and analysis lies at the center of the GAO's mission,” the nominee commented. “My general strategy for the term will be to work with the President, Vice President, and their Cabinet to identify areas within specific Ministries that are well suited to such analysis.”

The Government Accountability Office was first established by former president HEM in March of 2018. Then president HEM tasked the GAO to "evaluate every major initiative of the government and provide a short report of feedback," and tapped current Vice President Writinglegend to run the Office.

During his term in the GAO, Director Writinglegend launched a bookshelves project to create a stronger institutional memory of regional policy. At the time, poll results found voters more satisfied with the Director than with the Office, as Writinglegend polled 23 points better than the "goal implementation rate." The GAO was short-lived, as President Deepest House closed the office upon taking office.

If confirmed, UPC would be the second ever director of the GAO. The Senate will continue to question the nominee in the coming days.

What a dope, turnt, and timely article! Thank you, Gleg (and to PhDre for his based edits).

This is an awesome article, it's very interesting to have that context on the previous iteration of the GAO! I'm excited to hopefully see where UPC takes the GAO.

Back