[BREAKING NEWS] [INSIDE GOVERNMENT] World Assembly Delegate Aexnidaral Resigns

World Assembly Delegate Aexnidaral Resigns
Europeia Left Without a Delegate for Two and a Half Hours

Written by Bronyleader

Yesterday World Assembly Delegate, Minister of Justice, and Attorney General Aexnidaral resigned from every single one of his positions, resigned from the World Assembly, and left the region’s Discord server after he was warned for inappropriate behavior.

The incident started after the Moderation team was alerted by some members of the Discord server that some of his posts were making them uncomfortable, which prompted an investigation into said posts. After some consideration, a few of his posts were deemed as crossing the line of inappropriate sexual content and he was promptly given a warning for it.

Aexnidaral disagreed, however, and he ultimately decided to push back with claims that the moderation team was policing him for his use of "f--" and then claimed that, because moderator Calvin Coolidge wasn’t queer (which is not true), they couldn’t police the usage of the word. This then led to Aexnidaral submitting a request to further define the word in question, which the admin team agreed to discuss.

Things then heated up when, Aexnidaral went on to repeat the word multiple times, ignoring other members’ requests for him to stop. Chief moderator HEM ultimately stepped in and explained that “[...] it's not unreasonable to identify enforcement//logistical problems with certain identities being able to use certain words and others not, [...]” and that “from my experience, ‘queer’ and ‘gay’ have been reclaimed to a different extent than ‘f--’. Others may have different experiences, which is ok, but when one experience still makes folks feel very uncomfortable with certain words that is a significant factor.” Since leaving the server, he has supposedly started the process of deleting his Discord account. He has also decided to make his entire profile private.

The EBC reached out for comment from Calvin Coolidge, the moderator who gave Aexnidaral the warning, who said that “I'm disappointed in how Aex decided to end things, but I stand by the actions taken by myself and the moderation team. Additionally, I'd like to remind everyone in eurochat that the moderation team's decision stands, as discussion by the administration team on reclaimed slurs is simply that, a discussion, until further notice.”

Meanwhile, on the NationStates side of things, Aexnidaral has moved his main nation into Balder, where he has changed it entirely and has changed its motto to “‘Ere Our Curtain Falls.”

The Senate is currently holding confirmation hearings on Darkslayer for the position of Minister of Justice as well as Attorney General and Prim has been chosen as the replacement for the Delegacy. Until further notice, it is advised that everyone should go endorse Europeia’s current legal Delegate, Darkslayer, who can be found here, and the current Delegate nominee Prim, who can be found here.

At the time of writing, Le Libertia holds the position of gameside World Assembly Delegate.

Oh wow its so much worse than originally reported.
I'm kind of glad I missed it at the time, but I had so much to work through, admin and mod conversations to read, etc. this morning!

Just for the record: I also tried to make clear that we are reviewing our policy of these "reclaimed words" -- but it's incredibly tricky to navigate while making everyone feel comfortable. If people have thoughts, feel free to send them to a trusted moderator or admin.

Aex also made a post explaining his actions on the RMB as well, which you can find here.

Aex also made a post explaining his actions on the RMB as well, which you can find here.

It really doesn't explain anything though. If anything it looks like an attempt to justify.
Unless he edited it, that doesn't look like much explanation at all
Yeah, it’s certainly lacking, and doesn’t clear much up.

Thanks for the news and article, Brony! That was really timely.

The events of Saturday were rather a bit of a shock, but I'm glad that our region and President Peeps at its forefront handled the issue so professionally and quickly took control over the narrative, quelling concerns from at home and abroad.

Back