[BREAKING NEWS] EBC RAIDED BY GAO, JORTCOIN ASSETS SEIZED - 12 HOURS TO FIND CASH TO KEEP LIGHTS ON

EBC RAIDED: JORTCOINS SEIZED, COLLAPSE IMMINENT

(Europeia) - In the first major action from the General Accounting Office after its creation earlier this week, GAO auditors disabled the Europeian Broadcast Corporation’s access to bank funds today. The GAO alleges over a decade of mismanagement and illicit pay schemes, and sources within the GAO suggest that fraudulent jortcoin trading from high ranking EBC officials are at the center of the ongoing investigation. When confronted, a staffer with the GAO ignored a reasonable request for comment, and continued packing up the EBC’s staff office supplies.

Minister of Communications PhDre was visibly distressed at a press conference only moments ago, repeatedly checking with his assistant while covering the microphone with an unsteady, sweaty hand. “The Ministry takes these allegations very seriously,” said PhDre. “The Europeian Broadcast Corporation has survived periods of inactivity, but we have never before faced such serious allegations. Over goddamn jortcoins, of all things.” Staffers at the EBC are furious, with one going so far as to accuse the Director of encouraging this crisis. “This is why I made that post in the Grand Hall! Dre wants to sell us off to Venture Capitalists, the jortcoins are just a cover up!!” After boxing briefly with the Organization of Independent media, being dressed down by staffers, and refusing to acknowledge allegations of a cover up, Minister PhDre cut his press conference short.

Experts of Europeia’s complex regional economy suggest that the EBC can fund itself for approximately 12 hours with their cash reserves on hand, but dramatic action must come soon. With the future of the EBC hanging in the balance, surely the Senate will expedient a series of funding bills to resolve this crisis. Regional sloth, and newly Commended Senate watchdog Sopo is less confident. “Gee, I dunno. I move faster than this Senate,” he said, three hours after I requested an urgent interview.

Most Europeians are unaware of how the EBC is funded - indeed, only Lethen is familiar with the underlying asset flow. "It's complex indeed. Europeian institutions like EuroUniversity and the EBC are funded mostly through donations, tuition, and the like. Oh goodness, the Executive barely pays them any mind in the term budget!" The collapse of the EuroUniveristy is a stark warning for the EBC, according to former Communications Minister Pichtonia. "Oh goodness yes, I would say staffers should look for new jobs immediately. I can't see the EBC surviving this one!"

Meanwhile, Europeian market analysts are lining up to purchase discounted EBC assets. “If the Senate is unwilling to bail out the EBC, I was here first,” shouted one, as he elbowed an excited Vice Chancellor out of the way. The stock of competing Media Outlets soared, with NSToday shooting up to 1 cent.

President CSP was unreachable, and his out of office voicemail mentioned he was “sailing to the North Pacific with a dope amount of cash. It’s turnt [right now].” Vice President Gleg was last spotted diligently organizing Media Week but ironically declined to comment during this latest EBC crisis.

Minutes before publication, Minster PhDre did get back to us with an urgent request for citizens to look for spare jortcoins in their jorts. "Where else could they be?!" he said, as the sound of many jorts being desperately searched echoed over the phone.

Stay tuned with the EBC throughout this crisis.

Last edited:
This is absolutely ridiculous! I have not been paid properly by the EBC in ages! My bills are starting to pile up. I'm getting eviction notices from my interior subforums! Can't even keep the lights on. Why do you think I'm packing all this stuff up?

Hey, you don't need an authentic EBC stapler, do you? Maybe some fancy letter head??

The Europeian Research Institute would be willing to acquire the EBC provided the government takes it’s more toxic assets off the books. We will not be paying for years of massively unprofitable weekly updates.

high ranking EBC officials
LIME WAS RIGHT!
the sound of many jorts being desperately searched echoed over the phone
Hmmm, I'm thinking I can cash in with some fanfiction here. Who to ship PhDre with?
Excuse me, I need that chair you're sitting on. I just sold it to a stay at home mom for 50 cents.

I always thought PhDre and Big Fat Booty would be a good ship.

The Europeian Research Institute would be willing to acquire the EBC provided the government takes it’s more toxic assets off the books. We will not be paying for years of massively unprofitable weekly updates.
Despite rumors to the contrary, at this time the Government is not considering the sale of any assets of the EBC.

Furthermore, were assets to be sold, we believe that The Wire would fetch a high price in the open market. The Government is not so desperate at this time to consider such a piddling offer.

Additionally, any potential buyer should consider not just the staying power of over 12 years of brand recognition, but also the many email addresses and big data that we have collected and currently use in proprietary algorithms to optimize advertiser click-through rates. The EBC brand is strong and our leadership is determined to survive this crisis intact. No matter the cost.

LIME WAS RIGHT!
Hmmm, I'm thinking I can cash in with some fanfiction here. Who to ship PhDre with?
Excuse me, I need that chair you're sitting on. I just sold it to a stay at home mom for 50 cents.

*gets up from chair* Oh, sorry.

Hmmm, PhDre with a Big Fat Booty? That sounds like a slowburn.

LIME WAS RIGHT!

*gets up from chair* Oh, sorry.

Hmmm, PhDre with a Big Fat Booty? That sounds like a slowburn.
He just keeps going on. And on. And oooonnnnnn about Big Fat Booties. I thought there was some kinda something there. For the ship.

Hey, how much do you think I can get for this scrap paper signed by the president? It says something here about Jortcoin sales but the rest of the paper is all shredded.

As the holder of numerous pandacoin since July 2021, which of course have mooned since then alongside my spamcoin portfolio, I am more than happy to assist the EBC.

However I do have a number of editorial requests if my investment deal goes through, although I’m sure Europeians would happily give up a little bit of impartiality so our tax money can continue going to Naval Lasers rather than the money grubbing EBC bosses.

FROM THE DESK OF THE MINISTER OF COMMUNICATIONS
(March 31st, 2022)

I speak to you at a time of great turmoil within the Ministry of Communications. It brings me no pleasure to come before you today and lay bare the facts before us. Yes, our accountant @Le Libertie , the Crytomania expert, told me privately that jortcoin was a stable asset which the Ministry use to highly leverage itself and gain massive returns on existing EBC funds. He said - and I quote from a private conversation to show just how serious this council was - "I can share with you any information or spreadsheet if you're interested." Does this sound like an innocent man? No! Am I proud that I listened to that scoundrel? No! No I am not proud. But I am also resolute that the Ministry itself, that the EBC itself, has done nothing wrong. I beg the Senate to recognize this and either 1) fund the EBC through emergency legislation before midnight tonight, at which point the Ministry accountants expect we will face insolvency 2) Force the GAO to unfreeze our jortcoin wallet / bank account so we may continue with normal businesses within this organization.

Additionally, I must make a staffing announcement. As you already know, the EBC cannot go on at current staffing limits. I was willing to cut my own salary to zero jortcoins as a symbolic gesture of my willingness to sacrifice alongside my team. HOWEVER. Staff member Sarah has repeatedly announced her intention to liquidate EBC assets, presumably for her own benefit. And I quote:
Hey, you don't need an authentic EBC stapler, do you? Maybe some fancy letter head??
Hey, how much do you think I can get for this scrap paper signed by the president? It says something here about Jortcoin sales but the rest of the paper is all shredded.

Taking advantage of this crisis is inexcusable and this behavior would be grounds for termination even in normal circumstances. Therefore I have no choice but to 🪓 Sarah from Ministry of Communications.

Thank you for your time, I will be taking questions.

How many Jortscoin does the EBC need to stay alive through the term?

I would like to emphasize that all communications between myself and PhDre were expressly confidential, and his publication of this information stands as an extreme breach of trust. Furthermore, even if the information allegedly credited to me is correct, it omits the fact that I clearly and expressly remember sharing a disclaimer with him about the various risks associated with this endeavor. All in all, I am not liable! I repeat, I cannot be held liable!

I would like to emphasize that all communications between myself and PhDre were expressly confidential, and his publication of this information stands as an extreme breach of trust. Furthermore, even if the information allegedly credited to me is correct, it omits the fact that I clearly and expressly remember sharing a disclaimer with him about the various risks associated with this endeavor. All in all, I am not liable! I repeat, I cannot be held liable!

I reveal this information with extreme reluctance, and only to ensure that other beloved Euroepian institutions ignore this charlatan who jeopardized the existence of the EBC. It is truly disgraceful that the GAO is allowed to lock our jortcoin wallet, preventing us from doing the critical journalism that Europeian citizens rely on to stay informed.

My thoughts and prWAAyers are with the EBC.
Thank you. Your spare jortcoins would be greatly appreciated.
How many Jortscoin does the EBC need to stay alive through the term?
I am in conversation with our EBC accounting office and will be back with you shortly.
no comment
Thank you for the support Mr Vice President.

are we in the blockchain?
I hear minting the EBC as an NFT could could help alleviate some of our financial concerns.
Any rumors to this effect are LIES spread by the GAO as a tactic in their illegal investigation.

The EBC is working directly with our elected officials and financial experts in order to allow for the continued existence of the EBC.

I would urge all those able to donate jortcoins and pressure your elected officials to resolve this crisis.

UPC. How could you do this. This is a BETRAYAL of the most contemptible kind. I propose suing the Director for damages.

Back