[Breaking News] Common-Sense Politics Elected President In Landslide

Common-Sense Politics Elected President In Landslide
Europeia Completes First Presidential Election of 2022
Written by SkyGreen

(Europeia, February 5th, 2022) After two intense weeks of campaigning, Common-Sense Politics (CSP) defeated incumbent President Darcness in the first presidential election of 2022. Both campaigns participated in a town hall and a presidential debate, all hosted on EBC Radio.

While the two tickets included honored citizens that have served Europeia for several years, they vastly differed in their leadership style. Former President Darcness received public criticism on the campaign trail for his approach to communication and a difficult term for the EBC. His campaign, titled Forward Bravely, received mixed reviews from voters and pundits.

In comparison, the CSP/Writinglegend ticket ran an energetic campaign that included daily voice chat town halls in Europeia's Discord server. Their campaign, dubbed Tenacity of Purpose, presented a robust vision for the next seventy days. A cornerstone of the campaign was strengthening Europeia's gameside community through cultural events and a strategic communications strategy.

Earning 70% of the vote, the CSP/Writinglegend campaign built a margin of victory not commonly seen in Europeian presidential elections. This closely matched pre-election polling, which predicted an 80% vote share. This will be CSP's fifth term as President and his first since the Spring of 2013. This will be Writinglegend's third term as Vice President.

They are entering 34 Goldenblock Avenue as one of the most qualified executive duos in Europeian history. CSP and Writinglegend have a combined forty-nine terms, equivalent to about six years, in the Executive Cabinet. Additionally, they collectively boast eleven previous presidential terms and over two dozen terms in the Senate.

When asked about the results, the Venerable Imperator CSP told the EBC that, "Europeians were presented with a clear choice in this election between two diametrically opposed approaches to leadership and governance. I'm extremely proud of the campaign we've run and the team we're assembling. Expectations are high and we're going to give our all to exceed them in the coming term."

CSP also announced his Cabinet picks:
Ministry of the Interior: @Sarah
Ministry of Culture: @Sanjurika
Ministry of Communications: @Pichtonia
Ministry of Radio: @Calvin Coolidge
Ministry of Foreign Affairs: @Istillian
Minister of World Assembly Affairs: @Gem
Grand Admiral: @Kuramia
Attorney General: @Monkey

As Writinglegend was a Senator before his ascension to the Vice Presidency, this election creates a vacant seat in the Senate. It is expected that a by-election for the open Senate spot will occur in the coming days.

Very timely, all the information. Thank you, Sky!

Nice article. Very informative. Something else I've noticed (although I've not been around as much lately) is that incumbent Presidents have lost a lot lately. In February 2021, Pichto lost to Calvin as an incumbent. Then in July 2021, Calvin defeated incumbent Kazaman. Then in the November election Sky lost (technically) as an incumbent after Lime resigned. And now Darcness in a landslide. As I recall, before Pichto lost to Calvin, we hadn't had an incumbent lose in a while (again, my memory could be wrong).

Is the electorate restless, or has it just been a weird year?

Nice article. Very informative. Something else I've noticed (although I've not been around as much lately) is that incumbent Presidents have lost a lot lately. In February 2021, Pichto lost to Calvin as an incumbent. Then in July 2021, Calvin defeated incumbent Kazaman. Then in the November election Sky lost (technically) as an incumbent after Lime resigned. And now Darcness in a landslide. As I recall, before Pichto lost to Calvin, we hadn't had an incumbent lose in a while (again, my memory could be wrong).

Is the electorate restless, or has it just been a weird year?

I guess, partially, maybe incumbents just didn't run as often.

We've had single-term Presidents ever since we've reintroduced Presidents. I think it speaks to the challenges we've been facing.
I do think that the increase of social gameplay has made us more reactive, but there's more to it. It's hard to put it in words.

As Pichto says, we have a lot of incumbents not run again as being President has also been exhausting.

We've had single-term Presidents ever since we've reintroduced Presidents. I think it speaks to the challenges we've been facing.
I do think that the increase of social gameplay has made us more reactive, but there's more to it. It's hard to put it in words.

As Pichto says, we have a lot of incumbents not run again as being President has also been exhausting.
#executivesplit? :p

That sounds like the opposite of a solution

That sounds like the opposite of a solution
lmao i remember the last days of the split executive

Love your work here Sky, very quickly done!

Thank you to Sky, Gleg, Kuramia, Pichto, and everybody who helped us get our first article turned around in just a few hours. Folks can enjoy it here, in our latest dispatch, and our NSGP embassy. Way to come together and get the job done with a very high strung and demanding jerk looking over your shoulder. Let's not forget to upvote!

Back