[Breaking News] ANTIFA Strikes after NationStates Moderators Delete-on-Site Founder: Reporting the Fall of Sanctum

ANTIFA Strikes after NationStates Moderators Delete-on-Site Founder:
Reporting the Fall of Sanctum

Written by Istillian

On March 25, 2022, NationStates moderators posted on the Regional Message Board (RMB) of the region Sanctum that founder Puetavis/Affray had been declared Delete-on-Sight (DoS) - banned forever from NationStates, on all current and future accounts. Twenty four hours earlier, moderators issued a less servere warning to the founder of Sanctum. Attempts to evade the sanctions led directly to the DoS declaration.

Sanctum as a region claims to be a safe haven for conservative nations, emphasizing their community and camaraderie. However, the community's Discord server has rampant discriminatory and aggressive messages towards the LGBTQ+ community, particularly transphobic content, and some members regularly display Nazi flags and images.

In the first NationStates update after the Sanctum founder's deletion, commanders from the NationStates Anti-Fascist unification military organisation (ANTIFA), which Europeia is a member region of, planned a combined attack on Sanctum. ANTIFA includes member regions from across raider - defender military gameplay, with this operation being assisted by The Gay Agenda, The North Pacific, The Pacific, The East Pacific, The South Pacific, The West Pacific, The Black Hawks, The Order of the Grey Wardens, Balder, Karma, Lone Wolves United, Mariner Trench, Thaecia, The Communist Bloc, The League, and of course, Europeia.

The native population of Sanctum had previously been assured that any attempted raid wouldn't affect them. One native nation Imperial Yemrod said on Sanctum's RMB that "[Sanctum] need to prepare for a possibly [sic] raid." This comment was shortly met by derision from Affray, saying"we have people watching the region during updates, and watch endorsements in the 10 minutes before our updates to ensure nothing happens", and backed up by comments such as, "everyone neglects the fact that we have a founder." The experienced players in the region were quick to guarantee others that any attack on Sanctum would be futile due to the security and reliability at update periods from their founder.

With concern mounting that nations within the Sanctum had enough gameplay to impose a lockdown, and prevent a full scale invasion, members of the World Assembly Security Council rushed to propose a pre-emptive liberation of Sanctum. Nations from across the gameplay world voiced support for the resolution, saying that Sanctum "were an OOC problematic region that pretty much everybody hates with a passion." Another clarified that "one of the [native regional officers of Sanctum] had more than enough influence to impose an invisible password (which would have necessitated this liberation)."

As the region's update approached, concerns remained that a password could be imposed at any moment. Fortunately for the forces of ANTIFA, no countermeasures were imposed, and sixty personnel surged into Sanctum at the Major update. Citizen of Europeia and member of The Rejected Realms Army Salem jointly hold the delegacy under the nation: Be Trans Throw Hands. The Europeian Republican Navy (ERN), alongside ANTIFA, are currently holding Sanctum as part of a successful joint operation. In her report, Grand Admiral Kuramia proudly states: "As Europeia is a region inclusive of and with many LGBT+ community members, we will not tolerate any form of bigotry taking root."

Members of the ERN are now being directed to pile into Sanctum. The Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) reached out to one of the current acting Regional Officers (RO) that took point for this operation, Lieutenant Icarus, and asked about her involvement specifically, and what the end goal of this operation is.

"I woke up at 4:50 am to a [direct message] from Antifa Leader and Colonel Miravana of The Black Hawks, asking me whether I would like to act as a Backup Point for the upcoming [Sanctum] raid, I was naturally more than happy to aid in ridding NationStates of fascists so I gladly accepted the offer. After the jump I was appointed as a regional officer. RO's are usually responsible for cleaning up the region after a jump, in this case: giving it a new, shiny and gay WFE, cancelling/constructing embassies, changing regional tags and of course- yeeting fascists, which is what we are in the process of at the moment."

Grand Admiral Kuramia was straightforward in her assessment of the Sanctum mission. "We hold to leave [Sanctum] in the dust. Forever forgotten and debased." A strong message for all who promote fascist imagery and attack the LGBTQ+ community.

Last edited:
This is awesome reporting Isty!!! It's very nice to see such a huge variety of military organisations working together to bash the fash.

Are we officially members in antifa?

I learned a lot from this article. Kudos for the breakneck pace in getting this out. News broke overnight for many Europeans and there was an article in the morning for them. That's super cool.

Back