[At Home In Europeia] Getting Stuck In - Participating More In Europeia

Getting Stuck In
Participating More in Europeia

Written by Cookiespaigentland

It was a cold December day, just five days after Christmas, when I first entered the Europeian forums. I quickly made an account and applied for citizenship, before exploring every part of the region: from the law, to the government, and eventually to employment once my citizenship application was accepted. Keen to get involved, I immediately joined the Ministry of Culture and I then quickly applied to become a law clerk through the Ministry of Justice. Not long later I also joined the Ministry of Communications, and the Europeian Republican Navy (ERN). Whilst I may not be the most experienced Europeian in any shape or form, I certainly have put in a lot of effort towards getting involved in Europeia over quite a short amount of time. Of course, I’m not saying that this makes me "special" - many newcomer Europeians have gone out of their way to get involved as soon as possible. But, this does qualify me to guide others on how, and why to get more involved as a newcomer. I’m not going to list the different ministries of Europeia and why you should join each one - that is what the Newcomer’s Handbook is there for. However, I will list the reasons why getting as involved as possible, as soon as possible, is a very positive thing.

1. Expanding your knowledge - As a new citizen of Europeia, your knowledge of the region is very limited. You don’t know much about its history, you don’t completely understand the role of all the ministries, and, let’s admit: you don’t know all of Europeia’s laws off by heart. But, by applying for certain roles and joining certain ministries, you will learn lots of things about Europeia that you wouldn’t have previously known from your more experienced and knowledgeable colleagues.

2. Gaining experience - Gaining experience will help you with moving up the ranks in Europeia. By working in ministries, joining the ERN, becoming a law clerk, or any other role in Europeia, you will gain undeniable experience that could help you when you want to run for the Senate, or maybe even join the Cabinet or Council. This also links in with expanding your knowledge - by having a diverse range of experiences in different ministries or Europeian roles, you will have a diverse knowledge of Europeia.

3. It’s fun! - This is definitely the most important reason for joining a ministry, or applying for a role in Europeia. Above all else, employment in Europeia is something to be enjoyed. If your only reason for getting more involved is to "gain power", then you have the wrong incentives for doing more in Europeia. You must recognise that working in any ministry, or doing anything Europeia should be done for the community above yourself. Whilst the previous two reasons for getting more involved are true, this reason is by far the most significant.

Overall, this highlights the fact that getting involved in Europeia as a newcomer is very beneficial, not only for the newcome, but also for the wider Europeian community, who will undoubtedly benefit from someone new helping out and getting involved.

Nice write-up Cookies! It's great to see a reflection on the newcomer experience, I feel like there's so much to do here it's also helpful to give people a boost in the right direction with an article like this.

I'm really pleased with you getting involved so quickly in Comms. Your ability is really something to cherish.

I've been putting a lot of things on the backburner, so glad I finally moved it to the front burner! Good read :)

Back