[At Home in Europeia] Catching Up With Culture

Catching Up With Culture
A Look at the Ministry of Culture

Written by United Vietussia

The Ministry of Culture is enjoying some of its most popular days in recent memory. A recent poll conducted by the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) posted an 88.2 percent percent approval rate for both the Minister, Olde Delaware (OD), and the work of the Ministry of the whole. Clearly, Europeians think Culture is doing something right this term, and it's easy to see why when looking at the work done by the Ministry. Just this week, Culture saw plenty of time in the spotlight after the Ovation of Kuramia, which turned out to be a largely successful endeavor for the Ministry. Ovations have historically taken a while to plan, but Olde Delaware told the EBC "[the] Ovation went better than I expected. I am so happy to see that the entire region could come together, even with what is going on RL, to honor a great Europeian like [Kuramia]."

In addition to the recent Ovation, Culture has kept up a steady flow of engaging content on a weekly basis, most notably including the highly successful Weekend Games with a slate including skribbl.io, Board Game Online, Cards Against Humanity, and the ever-popular staple of Weekend Games: Trivia. One main goal for the term, Steam Weekends, has yet to pan out, but OD explained to the EBC that the ministry "will try to revisit it if [he gets] another term." However, Weekend Games may soon be getting an addition to its menu, as OD also stated, "[We're] still working on the [M]inecraft server, [I am] hoping to hear something on that front soon."

As for what's next for the Ministry of Culture in the following few weeks and beyond, there's certainly a lot left to be on the lookout lookout for. OD hinted at some rumblings within the Ministry and told the EBC to "stay tuned for April Fools' Day.". Given OD's largely successful term and looking to the future for the Ministry, the EBC also asked OD the Minister if he would return to the role if offered. He responded, "I would definitely accept a second term as [Minister of Culture].".

Whether OD should be offered that post or not, the Ministry is being given a large pair of shoes to fill, and the future looks ever brighter for the Ministry as activity begins to pick up again. If you're interested in being a part of the work being done in the Ministry of Culture, you can simply follow the link here to apply within, or you can follow this link to check out all of the staff openings being filled in the Executive. There's a lot of great work already being done in Culture and throughout the Executive, and with your help, our Ministries and Councils can only get stronger.

Great read, UV! Culture has been doing a great job with everything, and considering the time, with RL the way it is, it's refreshing to be able to do some silliness and communal things.

Back