Astrellan Surges to Victory in Senate By Election

Astrellan Surges to Victory in Senate By Election
Written by Deepest House

(Europeia - May 14, 2019) - Astrellan won a seat in the Europeian Senate by defeating Pierce and Zander Cerebella in a by election held May 13. Astrellan dominated the field by winning more than 70 percent of the vote in a landslide victory that was never in doubt once the polls opened.

“Thank you, everyone, for entrusting with a place on the Senate,” the newly-elected senator said. “I am incredibly excited to see what the next term brings and what I can accomplish with this position.”

His victory in the May 13 election follows his defeat in the by election runoff held May 8. In that Senate race, Rand pulled out the victory 17 votes to 15. Despite his loss to Rand, he remained undeterred and confirmed his candidacy for the May 13 election.

“Rand won the by-election and he gets a much-deserved seat on the Senate,” he said. "My hopes are not over though -- I am entering the re-opened by-election.”

He ran his renewed campaign on the same platform as previously, where he identified his position on several important issues, including the ongoing criminal code review, chief of state elections, and how he would evaluate nominees for cabinet-level positions.

Several members of the electorate greeted his follow-up campaign with enthusiasm, with senator and current deputy chief of state, Aexnidaral Seymour, registering his pleasure with the announcement. Cool Spring also enthusiastically endorsed Astrellan.

“You've proven yourself, both with the polling of the latest election and with your work ethic that you've shown while in the Interior,” Cool Spring said at a campaign event. “I am voting for you and encourage others to vote for Astrellan.”

Astrellan faced only one question from First Minister Lloenflys regarding fraudulent misrepresentation, before he cruised to victory over Pierce and Zander Cerebella.

Pierce joined the race after initially standing for and then withdrawing from the May 5 Senate by election. He threw his support behind Izzy in that election as he withdrew. He later stood again for the May 13 election.

Zander Cerebella originally ran for the April 28 Senate by election, garnering more than 14 percent of the vote. Like Pierce, he also returned to run in the May 13 election.

Neither Pierce nor Zander Cerebella could halt Astrellan’s momentum, built on back-to-back campaigns that received high praise, despite his narrow defeats.

The flurry of Senate elections follows the first minister election. As a result of that elections, Lloenflys vacated his Senate seat as he was elected to higher office.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Pierce fell short by as much as he did, but I imagine a lot of people who were torn in the last by-election were excited to give Astrellan a shot this time.

To reiterate, I am incredibly grateful for the electorate who allowed a newbie to take a seat on the Senate. I am, of course, incredibly enthusiastic to use this opportunity to learn and make some good choices. It's also pretty amazing to say I hotly contested with such a strong politician like Rand and stormed the by-election against fantastic candidates like Pierce and Zander.

I'm surprised Pierce fell short by as much as he did, but I imagine a lot of people who were torn in the last by-election were excited to give Astrellan a shot this time.
I know I changed my vote to Astrellan. It was mostly based on how he handled the adversity of it all, and I re-evaluated the candidates as well.

Back