Apply for Citizenship!
We're excited you're reading this thread! It means a great deal to everyone here that you're considering taking the next step in your political career and our community.
If you have any questions, you may be able to find the answer in the Newcomer's Handbook. The admins and members of our government will be happy to assist you as well. You can shoot them a private message (the envelope in the top right next to your name)!
If you are having technical difficulties with your application, validating your account, etc. please contact the Administrative Team here (clicky!)
If you want to get right into the action, join our Discord server (click).
What does it mean to become a Europeian Citizen?
You'll have rights:
- the right to vote in elections and referenda
- the right to participate in Nation States gameplay Raiding/Defending with our Navy
- the right to run in elections
- the right to certain other legal rights, this list is not exclusive
- the right to counsel for preservation of your rights, to the extent that is appropriate with your involvement in other regions
You'll have responsibilities:
- You are responsible for abiding by our laws
- Make sure to post once every 30 days on the forums
You can find assistance with understanding our laws from:
We'll also ask you to maintain a nation in our region and maintain a reasonable level of activity on the forums as conditions for your citizenship.
How do I become a citizen?
- Fill out the below form
- Make a new thread here by pressing the orange box in the top right corner
- Put your name in the title of the thread
- Highlight and copy everything embedded in the block of text below after "Code:"
Please be advised that proxies and/or VPNs are not allowed in Europeia for security reasons. If you need to use one, please contact the admin team; they'll take it from there.
[b][u]Application for Citizenship[/u][/b] [i]This is a legal document. You affirm that your responses are true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.[/i] [b]What is the name of your nation in the region (you must have a nation that will remain in Europeia during the tenure of your citizenship)? What other names or aliases have you been or are you currently known as in NationStates regions or organizations? What NationStates regions or organizations are you currently involved with? What NationStates regions or organizations have you been involved with in the past (including Europeia)? Do you have a World Assembly nation? If so, please name it: How did you find Europeia?[/b] Please also take the following oath, inserting your name where it says YOUR NAME:[/b] [i]I, YOUR NAME, swear that I will bear true allegiance to the Republic of Europeia, that I will faithfully observe and read the laws of Europeia, and that I will fulfill my duties as a Europeian citizen, including maintaining a nation in the Europeian region. I understand that any violation of the vows in this oath may result in the termination of my Europeian citizenship.[/i] *** [b][u]Getting Started Suggestions:[/u][/b] [list=1][*]Check out our [url=http://europeians.com/forum/index.php?threads/handbook-index.8905353/][b]Newcomer's Handbook[/b][/url]. [*][url=http://europeians.com/forum/index.php?forums/newcomers-hall.4009485/][b]Introduce yourself[/b][/url]. [*]Join us on [url=https://discord.gg/nYAwZ7f][b]Discord[/b][/url]. [*]Get involved with the Government, through one of [url=http://europeians.com/forum/index.php?threads/get-involved.10034185/][b]several Ministries[/b][/url]. [*]Interested in the military? Join the [url=http://europeians.com/forum/index.php?forums/office-of-naval-recruitment.59364/][b]Europeian Republican Navy[/b][/url]. [*]Start your legislative career through the [url=https://forums.europeians.com/index.php?forums/arnhelm-city.6000884/][b]Arnhelm City [/b][/url]. [*]Have more questions? [url=http://europeians.com/forum/index.php?forums/ask-questions-here.4009486/][b]Ask away[/b][/url]![/list]
What happens next?
- One of our Administrators will process your application
- This is typically Lethen
- He will say hi in your thread. This does not mean he has finished. He's just being friendly.
- There is a maximum wait of up to 5 days before you are granted full citizenship automatically
- Typically the wait is 48 hours pending real life situations
- It is recommended to wait patiently for the application to be processed
What do I do until then?
- Feel free to introduce yourself here!
- Tell us about yourself, your beliefs, or whatever else you'd like to share
- Prepare to be overwhelmed by other Europeians because we're friendly!
- Join our Discord server (click)
It's taking too long!
- Sometimes elections delay citizenship approvals
- Sometimes your application will be denied. If it is denied, we will always inform you in your thread
- Sometimes there will be additional questions you need to answer
- Sometimes the admins are simply bums
- Send Lethen a PM or track him down on Discord (Leth#7475) for any further questions about delays
Welcome to Europeia!