Application for Citizenship

Republic of Pogos

Application for Citizenship
This is a legal document. You affirm that your responses are true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.

What is the name of your nation in the region (you must have a nation that will remain in Europeia during the tenure of your citizenship)?

Pogos

What other names or aliases have you been or are you currently known as in NationStates regions or organizations?

None

What NationStates regions or organizations are you currently involved with?

None
What NationStates regions or organizations have you been involved with in the past (including Europeia)?

None

Do you have a World Assembly nation? If so, please name it:

None
How did you find Europeia?

My friend told me.

Please also take the following oath, inserting your name where it says YOUR NAME:
I, Republic of Pogos, swear that I will bear true allegiance to the Republic of Europeia, that I will faithfully observe and read the laws of Europeia, and that I will fulfill my duties as a Europeian citizen, including maintaining a nation in the Europeian region. I understand that any violation of the vows in this oath may result in the termination of my Europeian citizenship.

Lloenflys

Speaking since at least December 22, 2019
Senate Speaker
Associate Justice
Discord Moderator
Welcome to Europeia :) Lethen should be processing your application over the next few days, in the meantime don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have!

Bowzin

Grand Admiral
Deputy Minister
Welcome! As lloen said ask questions if you have them! But ask me instead.

Pichtonia

Chief of State
Chief of State
Council of State
You can ask any of us, of course. 😅 Welcome to Europeia.

Is your friend also in the region?

Xecrio

wait and see
Deputy Councilor
  1. We have memes
  2. We have fun competitions
  3. We have birbs
What more could you ask for?

Lethen

Third place in 2017's Europeian Idol
Forum Administrator
Supreme Chancellor
Welcome!

EDIT: While I was a bit skeptical initially of the "friend told me" story, I approached things with an open mind. So I was a bit pessimistic - though with a dash of optimism - about the matching IP addresses. Then that small amount of optimism disappeared when I saw your near-exact emails. Why would two friends use emails that are nearly identical?

In short, your application is denied. Attempting to gain multiple citizenship accounts is not only poor form but also against Europeian law. Adios.

Last edited:

Prim

Snowy Prim
Cabinet
Senator
Council of State
What percentage of these "heard about Euro through a friend" stories turn out to be legit -- like 1 in 10?

Always at least a red flag to me.

Lethen

Third place in 2017's Europeian Idol
Forum Administrator
Supreme Chancellor
What percentage of these "heard about Euro through a friend" stories turn out to be legit -- like 1 in 10?

More turn out to be authentic than you'd think, but it gives me pause as well. But that may be because I'm jaded...which is not something you necessarily want with someone in this role or in my role as an admin. I also think that some players use the "friend" descriptor pretty casually, e.g. someone they chat with on the RMB every now and then mentioned Euro and that's who their friend is.

Prim

Snowy Prim
Cabinet
Senator
Council of State

More turn out to be authentic than you'd think, but it gives me pause as well. But that may be because I'm jaded...which is not something you necessarily want with someone in this role or in my role as an admin. I also think that some players use the "friend" descriptor pretty casually, e.g. someone they chat with on the RMB every now and then mentioned Euro and that's who their friend is.
That's true, I guess adult-me, whose friend list from college has been whittled down, has a different definition of "friend" than 13-year-old-me.