...And the EuroChoice Award Goes to...

GraVandius

Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty
1580530772707.png

...And The EuroChoice Award Goes to...
Hello all, I've been teasing this article for the past week and was initially going to release it at the opening of the EuroChoice awards, however the longer this sits in drafts the more likely I'll lose some progress so I decided to put it out earlier than intended! I thought that it was worth taking a look back at all the past ceremony winners! Of note the second EuroChoice Awards (November 2008) has lost many of the winners to the abyss of history as the old form polls were wiped out in the transfer to Xenoforo if not before that. Additionally, while we had 2 award ceremony's in 2014, no EuroChoice was held to cover 2015.

imageLikeEmbed.png

I split the available awards into Razzies and Non-Razzie serious awards, as that distinction has not always been present in the award ceremonies. As you can see, former World Assembly Delegate edges out our longest serving head of state WL for the most serious awards. Mouse is helped out by the aforementioned fact that there were two award shows in 2014, winning 7 of her 9 awards in those two ceremonies. On the other hand WL's 8 awards are much more evenly spread out over the past 5 years. Another thing of note is that our illustrious founder HEM is tied with his own outlet (E-News Network) for third place.
April 2014 Best Minister
April 2014 Most Consistent
April 2014 Most Popular
September 2014 Best Assistant Minister
September 2014 Best Cabinet Member
September 2014 Workhorse Award
September 2014 Europeian Star Award
January 2015 Best Vice President
January 2015 Best Chairperson
September 2014 Break out Europeian Award
January 2015 Breakout Europeian
January 2015 Best Minister
January 2017 Workhorse Award
January 2017 Best President
January 2018 President of the Year
January 2018 Best EBC Article
January 2019 Cabinet Member of the Year
July 2008 The Best Europeian
July 2008 Most Active Member
November 2008 Most Active Member
June 2009 Wisest Member
January 2019 Citizen of the Year
January 2019 Best Presidential Campaign
January 2019 Most Respected Europeian

1580531006439.png
In terms of the most frequently given out awards Newcomer of the Year technically wins here as I combined the couple instances of "Break Out Europeian" with "Newcomer of the Year", as the awards overlapped. The recipients of this award and it's equivalents include such prestigious names as Common Sense Politics, Asperta, Krakentopia, and Writinglegend. On the other hand it also includes the infamous Brunhilde and hilariously, both XIV and Ninja Kittens (who were later revealed to be the same person) won in separate years.
July 2008 Most Active Newcomer Neohabighorst
November 2008 Most Active Newcomer Lmaof
June 2009 Most Active Newcomer Demataria
January 2010 Most Active Newcomer CSP
December 2010 Break Out Europeian of the Year Asperta
March 2012 Newcomer of the Year JGlenn
March 2013 Best Newcomer Seven Deaths
April 2014 Most Promising Newcomer Krakentopia
September 2014 Most Promising Newcomer Ninja Kittens
September 2014 Break out Europeian Award WritingLegend
January 2015 Best Newcomer Brunhilde
January 2017 Most Promising Newcomer XIV
January 2017 Break Out Europeian Cat
January 2018 Most Promising Newcomer Airbus
January 2019 Rising Star Bowzin
The second most distributed award is the Legal Eagle award, the only award to be included in every EuroChoice award ceremony to date. Chief Justice Onderkelkia currently leads with 3 victories out of a total of 12. Drecq, Hyanygo and Anumia are all tied for second place with two a piece. The list of awardees also features Cordova I, who holds the fourth most days as Cheif Justice but is often remembered via the #vote4u scandal. Over the past 3 years, however, Onder and Drecq have been swapping this award back and forth so it'll be interesting to see who pulls it out this year, or perhaps even someone new!
July 2008 Legal Eagle Anumia
November 2008 Legal Eagle
June 2009 Legal Eagle Anumia
January 2010 Legal Eagle Cordova I
December 2010 Legal Minds of the Year Oliver Grey
March 2012 Legal Mind of the Year OnderKelkia
March 2013 Legal Mind of the Year OnderKelkia
September 2014 Legal Eagle Hyanygo
January 2015 Leagal Eagle Hyanygo
January 2017 Legal Eagle Drecq
January 2018 Leagal Eagle Onderkelkia
January 2019 Leagle Eagle Drecq
The next category is Senator of the Year which has been a consistent category since the January 2010 ceremony. Interestingly, Malashaan comes in the lead here with four wins despite not ever taking home any of the Legal Eagle awards. Drecq naturally comes in second with 3 wins, thus presenting a second opportunity he could tie for the lead in a category this year. Interestingly, Drecq has recently, as of last Senate term, passed Mal for the Most Days as Speaker and may eventually do so here as well. Of note the first winner of this category was the infamous Falconias, while the second winner was Lethen in which legitimately may have been the last year he ever served in the Senate.
January 2010 Senator of the Year Falconias
December 2010 Senator of the Year Lethen
March 2012 Senator of the Year Malashaan
March 2013 Best Senator Malashaan
April 2014 Best Legislator Drecq
September 2014 Best Senator Drecq
January 2015 Best Senator Drecq
January 2017 Best Senator Malashaan
January 2018 Senator of the Year Malashaan
January 2019 Senator of the Year Aex
Up next is President of the Year and last year was notably now the last time this will be handed out. Our longest serving President, WritingLegend is notably the only person to win this award twice (2016 and 2017). The rest of the recipients are a smattering of our most distinguished Europeians, including Pope Lexus X, CSP and Vinage. On the negative side of things, in addition to the aforementioned Anumia, Rach, of crossword and banned fame was the third person to receive this award.
January 2010 President of the Year Pope Lexus X
December 2010 President of the Year Common Sense Politics
March 2012 President of the Year Rach
March 2013 President of the Year Vinage
April 2014 Best President Anumia
January 2015 Best President Kraken
January 2017 Best President Writinglegend
January 2018 President of the Year Writinglegend
January 2019 President of the Year Sopo
Interestingly Europeian of the Year, the crowing achievement awarded in the ceremony in recent years has only been awarded in nine of our twelve ceremonies. The only Europeian to win this prestigious honor twice is our founder HEM, who won it's equivalent in the first ceremony and then again in last year's ceremony. There doesn't seem to be any particular preference between up and comming members and those who just put in another solid year as in some instances the President of the Year (Vinage) went on to win the top award, while in others The Newcomer of the Year (Asperta) won. It'll thus be interesting to see who wins this year!
July 2008 The Best Europeian HEM
November 2008 The Best Europeian
January 2010 Europeian of the Year Pope Lexus X
December 2010 Europeian of the Year Asperta
March 2012 Europeian of the Year Skizzy Grey
March 2013 Best Europeian Vinage
September 2014 Europeian Star Award Mousebumples
January 2018 Europeian of the Year Pyntuma
January 2019 Citizen of the Year HEM
Up next is Private Media Outlet of the Year, this award was first given out to PhDre's Aftermath Entertainment News in 2010, which published a bevy of impactful anonymous Op-eds in addition to regular news articles. Following this award weirdly being given to the EBC in 2012, it was next awarded to The Zenyan the personal outlet of former member Zenny who was later sued for some of the suggestive content in her outlet. Following this, Calvin's long running and prestigious The Panda's Pen won in consecutive award shows, though both represented 2014. Since then, HEM and Sopo's E-News Network (ENN) has won in 3 consecutive years. It will be interesting to see if we perhaps get a fourpeat this year!
December 2010 Paper of the Year Aftermath Entertainment News
March 2012 Paper of the Year EBC
April 2014 Favorite Newspaper The Zenyan
September 2014 Best Newspaper The Panda's Pen
January 2015 Best Newspaper The Panda's Pen
January 2017 Best Newspaper ENN
January 2018 Best Media Outlet ENN
January 2019 Best Private Media of the Year ENN
Following the honors for our excellent private media outlets its worth looking at the article that defined them with Best Private Media Article of the Year. The first article won twice due too the two award shows covering 2014, is Presidential Debate and Analysis from the ENN covering the July 2014 election between Kraken/PLX and Oagastein/CSP in which Kraken eventually triumphed. The ENN followed up with another win mocking Cormac to excellent heights, following his coup of Osirus in 2016. The ENN again won with the notorious Discord is Hell article critiquing the negative effects of discord on the community. HEM later followed this up with a less controversial Discord is Purgatory, which has unfortunately been lost to history due to the form transfer. Finally, last year's winner To My Freind was an emotional article from OD's Military Times.
September 2014 Best News Article ENN
January 2015 Best Newspaper Article ENN
January 2017 Best News Article Award ENN
January 2018 Best Private Media Article ENN
January 2019 Best Private News Article of the Year Military Times

On the government endorsed side of things we have Best EBC Article of the Year. This award was first given out in 2014 to Calvin Coolidge for Our Current Political Parties which examined the aforementioned Zenny's Democratic Action Front and the Loaded Baked Potato Party, (later renamed Action Coalition of Europeia) and conflict between the two. The second article is Attention: Speculation! It's Election Season! by Pichtonia and United Vietussia breaking down the field for the October 2016 Senate Election. In 2017, Nation States Moderation Abdicates Moral Authority, Leaving Community Vulnerable With Latest Decision by Writinglegend won. The article called out NS Mods for continuing to decline to consider offsite evidence in spite of a petition that garnered wide support for the community. Finally, for 2018 we came full circle with another article about political parties, Coalition for Irresponsible Politics, which criticized the then shuttered Coalition For Responsible Politics for often highly factional and marginally defamatory comments about other members of the community in spite of their name.
September 2014 Best EBC Article "Our Current Political Parties"
January 2017 EBC Article of the Year Pichtonia, UV
January 2018 Best EBC Article WritingLegend
January 2019 Best EBC Article of the Year Aex

Next up we have the Minister of the Year award. This is another example of an award where Mousebumples won twice for the same role in the two 2014 ceremonies, in this case for her tenure as Minister of Interior. Interestingly, there were two winners from the Grand Admiral position, WL (2019), CSP (2013), two for Culture, Brun (2017) WL (2015) and two for Interior, Mouse (2014) and Asperta (2010). It's interesting that the Ministry of Communications is not well represented as it is often one of the most visible ministries in the region but who knows perhaps that may change this year!
December 2010 Minister of the Year Asperta
March 2012 Minister of the Year Swakistek
March 2013 Best Minister CSP
April 2014 Best Minister Mousebumples
September 2014 Best Cabinet Member Mousebumples
January 2015 Best Minister WritingLegend
January 2017 Best Cabinet Member Brunhilde
January 2019 Cabinet Member of the Year WritingLegend

That will do it for specific breakdowns of Awards, I've spoiler-ed the remaining major awards and winners bellow. If I have time later this week perhaps, I'll take a quick and humorous look at the Razzies but I didn't want to cram them into this already dense article.
July 2008 Most useful member Lethen
November 2008 Most useful member Lethen
June 2009 Most useful member Asianatic
April 2014 Most Consistent Mousebumples
September 2014 Workhorse Award Mousebumples
January 2017 Workhorse Award WritingLegend
January 2019 Workhorse Award Kari
January 2010 Mayor of the Year Demataria
December 2010 Mayor of the Year Ogastein
March 2012 Mayor of the Year JGlenn
March 2013 Best Mayor Swakistek
January 2015 Best Chairperson Mousebumples
January 2018 CA Chair of the Year Airbus
January 2019 CA Chair of the Year Bowzin
December 2010 Vice-President of the Year Earth22
March 2012 Vice-President of the Year Skizzy Grey
March 2013 Vice-President of the Year Seven Deaths
January 2015 Best Vice President Mousebumples
January 2018 Vice-President of the Year Darcness
January 2019 Vice-President of the Year Pierce
December 2010 Debater of the Year r3n
September 2014 Master Debator Award Skizzy Grey
January 2015 Best Debater Onderkelkia
January 2017 Master Debater Award Drecq
January 2019 Master Debator Drecq
September 2014 Best Returned Europeian Notolecta
January 2015 Best Returning Member Sopo
January 2017 Best Returning Europeian PhDre
January 2018 Comeback Europeian Rach
January 2019 Comeback Europeian of the Year JayDee
January 2010 Citizen of the Year CSP
March 2013 Best Citizen Anumia
September 2014 Best Assistant Minister Mousebumples
January 2015 Best Assistant Minister Ninja Kittens
January 2017 Best Assistant Minister Cat
December 2010 Writer of the year PhDre
March 2012 Writer of the Year PhDre
April 2014 Best Journalist Elias Greyjoy
September 2014 Most Missed Europeian Mal'achi
January 2015 Most Missed Europeian Swakistek
January 2017 Most Missed Europeian CSP

As predicted, WL was a powerhouse. Fun walk down memory lane reminding me all the times I lost to him on the government side and HEM on the media side. :p Cool compilation, GraV!

Awards are what they are but a couple of these were really, really special to me. Thanks for putting this together. Combing threads like that is a lot of work.

Great article! Definitely excited for the awards this year!

One more award last year and I would've made the graph! Anyway, this just got me super excited for the awards! They were my favorite thing to host last year and I can't wait for this years!

As predicted, WL was a powerhouse. Fun walk down memory lane reminding me all the times I lost to him on the government side and HEM on the media side. :p Cool compilation, GraV!
I think the interesting thing with WL is that he's in second place despite one of his biggest years (2015) not being represented with a EuroChoice Awards. He was President for over half of that year in addition to a term as vice-president to Sopo. He definetly would have at least won President of the Year, perhaps in addition to some other awards and at minimum would tie Mouse for first place here.

Thanks to the rest of you for the praise. I look forward to a hopefully excellent awards ceremony!.

This is a really cool article, GraV :)

This was a great read, GraV!

Awards are what they are but a couple of these were really, really special to me. Thanks for putting this together. Combing threads like that is a lot of work.
The President of the Year win last year really meant a lot to me.

Back