[Analysis] Midterm Executive Satisfaction Poll

Europeian Midterm Executive Satisfaction Poll
Written by Seva, Sanjurika, and PhDre
Edited by Maowi

Introduction

From May 23 to May 25, the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) ran a Midterm Executive Satisfaction Poll to gain insight into the public’s perspective on the performance of the Executive branch and individual ministers. The EBC received 29 responses, 4 less than last Executive’s End-of-Term poll.

Overall Satisfaction: 86% Satisfied

Is Europeia on the Right Track? 83% YES
In line with respondent views on the Administration, 83% of Europeians believe that Europeia is on the right track. This sits right about the same level as in President Common-Sense Politics’ Midterm Executive Poll result 70 days ago.

President Writinglegend: 86.2% Satisfied
President Writinglegend sees an approval rating very much in line with the overall Executive, with very strong approval ratings. To place Writinglegend’s Midterm poll results in context, this is among the highest Midterm approval ratings for a President since the Executive re-merge in late 2020. Writinglegend’s support appears broad based, with 35% Very Satisfied. Some areas of improvement remain, but the majority of Europeians (52%) consider themselves Satisfied with the term so far. One common theme in the comments was a suggestion that Writinglegend is more focused on performance than visibility. With not one but two Media Weeks over the next 14 days, Writinglegend has the opportunity to solidify their strong position.

Hasn’t been the most visible, but satisfied in that he’s been a strong presence when he needs to be.

Communicates, sometimes needs poked, but rl is a bitch. Can always poke and get a response. Really helpful if needed, communicates desires clearly, gets next steps done.

Though I think he could do a better job communicating with his cabinet, I do believe Gleg has done a good job in the seat of the presidency. He’s been active and engaged for the entirety of the term, and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Geg u lat

If CSP was the quiet President then Gleg is a ghost town.

Nice

Vice President Sincluda: 75.8% Satisfied
Sincluda gains strong marks in his first term in the Vice Presidency role. His base of support is a bit softer than Writinglegend’s, as it tends to be for most Vice Presidents relative to their Presidents. Sincluda faces a perception of visibility concern in some comments, another common theme for Vice Presidents. At the same time, Sincluda’s role behind the scenes and on the Regional Message Board is appreciated by other respondents. The relatively large share of “neutral” respondents suggests that Sincluda may even improve his numbers if he becomes more visible.

“I have no strong opinions either way.” Sure he’s doing things behind the scene, just not exactly my lane.

Communicates and helps out.

Perhaps not as active as I’d like a VP to be, but the projects he’s been working on behind-the-scenes are admittedly impressive, and he’s been a solid enough VP overall.

As a VP hes been here there everywhere, I appreciate his RMB related work

Wasn't aware Sincluda was still alive.

Very nice

Europeian Republican Navy - Kuramia
ERN Satisfaction: 93.1%
Grand Admiral Kuramia Satisfaction: 82.8%

Grand Admiral Kuramia’s rating has decreased from their 100% rating at the end of the previous term but the Europeian Republican Navy (ERN) maintains an exceptional rating and Kuramia a very solid one, with no respondent dissatisfied. Among the overwhelmingly positive comments the only slightly negative one alleges that the civilian service has not been utilized enough. Europeia has participated in a number of visible operations so far this term, the most recent being the raid of Layem.
Called their shot to center and hit out of the park again.

Could get more chasing action (but ik we're in Layem rn so...)

If any ministry didn't suffer from the "summer/exam slump" it's the Navy

The ERN is business as usual, but I can’t help but find myself disappointed that we’re not making as much use of the civilian service. It was one of the points that led to Kuramia’s phenomenal approval rating last term, and it’s disheartening to see it discarded so quickly.

Kura is great. Thats it, thats the quote.

She's been bringing some activity and coordinating efforts well

Ministry of Interior - Sanjurika / Poseidon63
Ministry Satisfaction: 51.8%
Minister Sanjurika Satisfaction: 41.3%

Sanjurika resigned prior to the running of the Midterm Poll, and predictably was punished by the electorate for their shortened term. Europeians seem confused over the lack of communication from the Ministry and multiple comments cited the Regional Message Board being spammed with roleplaying nations as an unaddressed issue. The plurality of respondents had a neutral position on Sanjurika's shortened term.

The new Minister of Interior is up and coming Senator Poseidon63. He has been a deputy minister of Interior since the beginning of last term, so it is not surprising to see a majority approve of his nomination, with some people preferring to stay neutral.
Not bad, but not great.

Can we rethink our RMB engagement? What are we putting in the time and effort for? Also not sure how integration is going into forum / discord but I would like to see emphasis on reforming / improving our ability to get new players engaged on discord more! Perhaps there are low hanging fruit with discord options.

Nothing seemed visible. I have no idea how much we've recruited, and the RMB is out of control (the discussions have been crowded out by roleplay)

Sanju’s half-term was undoubtedly filled with many good ideas, but it’s unfortunate to see him fail to build off of the accomplishments from this Ministry last term. A mixed bag overall, and I had a feeling that he may not have had enough time to dedicate to a Cabinet position, proven true by his resignation.

He was motivated and reached out to people to get work done, did a good job before he got too distracted by irl

Ministry of Communications - PhDre
Ministry Satisfaction: 89.6%
Minister Satisfaction: 93.1%

Minister of Communications PhDre has marginally improved on his approval from last term. The main sentiment in the comments was that the minister has “done a lot of the work”, and “it doesn’t seem like the rest of the Ministry has taken his lead“, which is a problem the recent Media Day panel has also discussed. The ministry has so far released 12 articles this term as opposed to 9 at this point last term and 5 the term before that, so the remark claiming a “dearth of articles” seems to refer to a long-term trend.
[/URL]
Very good.

Seems to be spending just as much time in Radio as Comms

PhDre has done a lot of the work. That's not knocks against him, since ik how hard it can be to get comms staff to do stuff :p

Pretty good, deputies should be more active

PhDre has done an excellent job in the MinCom position. That much is undeniable. However, it doesn’t seem like the rest of the Ministry has taken his lead, there’s been a notable dearth of articles, that, while nothing new, is nonetheless concerning.

The Ministry of Pod is going to rise up and strike us all down. Mark my words.

Ministry of World Assembly Affairs - Gem
Ministry Satisfaction: 55.1%
Minister Satisfaction: 48.3%

Minister Gem and the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs as a whole seems to be faltering in approval ratings. Many comments cite an apparent drop in general ministry activity, saying “the ministry isn't having enough activity among its staff. Just look at the participation in discussion threads.” Additionally, problems that have plagued Gem in the past, such as the balance between activity in WALL and the ministry subforum, appear in this poll. Not all is gloomy for the WA Ministry though, as one comment mentions Gem’s ability to focus on larger projects and his mentoring.
He continues to muddle on a bit. It doesn’t feel like the muscles continue to be flexed in quite the same way as previous.

inactive ministry :(

Looks like Gem's transition to WALL has made ministry activity drop a whole lot

Something needs to change. Clearly the ministry isn't having enough activity among its staff. Just look at the participation in discussion threads. Where are new members?

The MoWAA has been both the best and the worst Ministry this term, for different reasons. I applaud Minister Gem’a ability to work on large projects behind the scenes, but ministry activity and engagement have waned since last term. I don’t know what the solution should be, but I’d like to see something done about it. In other words, Gem’s doing a good enough job, the ministry as a whole I’m less sure about.

Only recently have I come to put any amount of time into Europeia and WALL, and I know diddly squat about how any other ministers and ministries are doing, but Gem’s been very helpful luring me into the time trap that is WAA. (Seriously though thank you)

Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Sopo
Ministry Satisfaction: 89.3%
Minister Satisfaction: 89.3%

Minister of Foreign Affairs Sopo boasts a nearly 90% satisfaction rating and is praised for navigating a “tough” and “rough” foreign affairs landscape. Most notably, this term has seen the repeal of two treaties, as well as two new treaties. A treaty with The League occurred prior to the poll, and after the Midterm poll closed, a second treaty with Social Liberal Union was proposed by the Administration to the Senate. Note that recent discussion regarding the Social Liberal Union in the Grand Hall came after the conclusion of this poll. Negative comments focus on Sopo’s “absence” at times and less visible activity levels.
#BlameSopo…for FA being good!

Maybe a little absent of late

FA is tough this term, but we've remained strong. Happy to see our treaty with TL!

Pretty good for this term's rough terrain

This sloth might as well be Bigfoot. You never see him, he never communicates anything with and to his staff, never follows up on ambassador assignments, never has public dialogue, etc. The biggest disappointment of this term by far.

Burn it down, Sopo. You know that guy stole a river? True story.

Ministry of Culture - Sarah
Ministry Satisfaction: 82.8%
Minister Satisfaction: 79.3%

Minister of Culture Sarah repeats her stellar performance from last term when she was minister of interior. Most comments focus on the successful story contest run by Gem, the new “random games” format, and weekend games with The League, the West Pacific, the Pacific, and the Social Liberal Union. Other commenters were concerned with the planning and implementation of Media Day, which did not receive much engagement from the citizenry.
Maybe we should've moved integration to culture so there's more going on

It’s awesome to see Culture continuing to be back up near the top with the new set of game nights and stuff!

Weekend games seem like a huge time commitment. Should we revisit how effective these programs are?

I wish there was a schedule for these weekend games we have with regions so I could participate by putting aside time in my busy weekend for them.

Foreign Game thingies are awesome!

Sarah is incredible in this role. She likely has the highest workload and most demanding position this term, and she's exceeding all expectations.

Definitely some good things with game weekends and the story contest

I’ve been quite disappointed with the performance of the Ministry of Culture as of late. Gem’s Short Story Competition was fantastic, don’t get me wrong, but everything preceding it and succeeding it has been a let-down. Media day in particular, which to be fair, was on short notice, was, for lack of a better word, pitiful. It’s not that there weren’t enough ideas either, but most of the ones offered up by ministry staffers were discarded in the hopes of shortening the event’s runtime.

I hope Sarah isnt under too much pressure, shes been doing an amazing job

Having a yeasty time. Great job Sarah!

Ministry of Radio - Icarus
Ministry Satisfaction: 79.3%
Minister Satisfaction: 62.1%

Minister of Radio Icarus gets a significantly lower satisfaction rate than her ministry, which might be explained by her understandably prioritizing real life. Commenters are divided on the recent transition to Spotify, some calling it confusing and badly planned and some stating it went “swimmingly”. Now that Icarus’ leave of absence and the transition are over, however, approval is likely to improve by the end of the term. President Writinglegend’s desire to transition to a modern audio service from Mixlr was a campaign promise - indeed both campaigns made clear their goal of moving away from Mixlr during the term.
Would like to see some more stuff going on but generally quite good.

I get the sense that things are happening, but it doesn't seem like Icarus is organzing or leading much themselves. PhDre is doing a lot of the legwork.

It’s not particularly Icarus fault but I am very concerned that there has not been an adequate forethought put into the preservation of mixlr content and the transition to spotify as a whole.

I'm not sure how many people are trained for the new system we now use. Do we have enough hosts trained? Do hosts agree it's easy? Is editing too difficult and time-consuming for them? Midterm didn't go into depth and was really tiny. Why? Let's shout accomplishments to the rooftops.

transition was done well!

Despite a slightly confusing rollout for the transition to Spotify, Icarus is rolling with the punches and doing an impeccable job.

Is there any question here? Icci is an amazing MinRad. The transition to Spotify has gone swimmingly, and although I would’ve preferred to have more radio content in the intravenous period, it’s completely understandable that there wasn’t a ton.
really stellar work this term

ICA RUS

Attorney General - SkyGreen
Satisfaction: 65.5%

In the tradition of previous Attorneys General (AG), SkyGreen sees a large percent of respondents with Neutral perspectives on their term. This is unsurprising given how visible the AG role is - indeed in many iterations of this poll, respondents question why the EBC even polls the Attorney General position at all. However, SkyGreen has managed to receive no unsatisfied ratings, which is a strength in and of itself.
He’s around, but I can’t exactly say what he’s doing. That’s not bad, that’s not great.

Locking up Europeian criminals

I’d like to see a more visible Legal Education push

Doing what he can, which is nice since the AG is kinda designed to be reactionary

What a hottie

As far as Attorneys General go, Sky has been keeping himself busy. For that position, that it itself is worthy of commendation.

I think I did good

We are owed some prosecutions

GAO - Monkey / GrandfatherClock
GC Nomination Satisfaction: 62.1%
Monkey Satisfaction: 30.1%

The GAO is by far the least popular department, and former director Monkey has a near-zero net approval. The office has continued to suffer from low visibility, with every comment expressing the sentiment of not being sure what the GAO has been doing. Indeed, the GAO has not made any public announcements apart from the resignation of Monkey. It appears that GrandfatherClock, whose nomination is approved of by the majority of respondents, is the last hope for Writinglegend to convince the public that the GAO is necessary.
“I have no strong opinions either way.”

Quiet but perhaps lots happening behind the scenes.

Is anything in the works? Radio looks like it could use it with these new processes and questions of ease of use and how many are trained for them.

I'm not sure what they were working on.

No idea what he did

Could very well be that we’ve just not seen his projects, but Monkey seems to be having difficulty filling UPC’s shoes. Not much has come out of the GAO since he left, which is why his resignation was quite expected.

Returning Ministers

When respondents were asked which ministers they would like to see return, three clear tiers emerged based on the responses. In the top tier, there are Kuramia, PhDre, and Sarah with above 80% - those ministers have been both successful and visible, without any periods of absence due to real life. In the middle tier, Icarus and Sopo have also been successful but perhaps not as visible due to their aforementioned leaves of absence, and they get the support of 60% of respondents to return. One explanation may be that Europeians simply do not want Sopo and Icarus to suffer from burnout. Finally, SkyGreen and Gem got less than 50% of people to support their return - SkyGreen due to the nature of his job as AG, and Gem possibly due to what people perceive as the poor state of the WAA ministry.

Rerunning Writinglegend vs Kuramia April 2022 Election

When respondents were asked who they would vote for if the April election happened today, Writinglegend won 65% of the vote, which is an improvement of 8% on his actual vote share in April. This is a drop of 21% compared to Writinglegend’s approval rating, suggesting that some people who are satisfied with Writinglegend would still have voted for Kuramia. With both Writinglegend and Kuramia seeing 80+% approval ratings, it is perhaps no surprise that both see strong support, though Writinglegend supporters seem pleased with the term thus far.

Conclusion

The Writinglegend administration can certainly be proud of this poll’s results and polls above the post-Executive re-merge average, in fact boasting the second-highest midterm approval after the Pichtonia administration at the Midterm. If the remaining concerns about visibility, the WAA ministry, and the GAO are addressed, this administration may well become the most popular one since the re-merge - either way Writinglegend’s return to the Goldenblock is proving to be victorious so far.

Last edited:
This was really interesting stuff!
Maybe a little absent of late
It's as if he's been on a leave of absence... :p

I wish there was a schedule for these weekend games we have with regions so I could participate by putting aside time in my busy weekend for them
There's the Events tab on the Euro server, though I think that could be complemented by updates in #executive-updates too. So there is a schedule!

I’ve been quite disappointed with the performance of the Ministry of Culture as of late. Gem’s Short Story Competition was fantastic, don’t get me wrong, but everything preceding it and succeeding it has been a let-down. Media day in particular, which to be fair, was on short notice, was, for lack of a better word, pitiful. It’s not that there weren’t enough ideas either, but most of the ones offered up by ministry staffers were discarded in the hopes of shortening the event’s runtime.
I feel like those threads weren't really engaged with much by the public at all though, so I'm not sure how much blame you can put on the Minister or the staffers

While I do agree with a lot of the comments said about culture, I do want to push back on the comment about not knowing the weekend game schedules. As @Lethen mentions, I make events days in advance on the discord. I also put the schedule in the culture Google calendar weeks in advance. I also also make an announcement in advance in executive updates. Those announcements say

[...] 9am and 9pm est this Saturday![...]

So, I am genuinely unsure of how else to better communicate these events. This doesn't sound like a culture problem of not communicating events, in all honesty.

While I do agree with a lot of the comments said about culture, I do want to push back on the comment about not knowing the weekend game schedules. As @Lethen mentions, I make events days in advance on the discord. I also put the schedule in the culture Google calendar weeks in advance. I also also make an announcement in advance in executive updates. Those announcements say

[...] 9am and 9pm est this Saturday![...]

So, I am genuinely unsure of how else to better communicate these events. This doesn't sound like a culture problem of not communicating events, in all honesty.
Do we have an idea of how many people have synced their calendars?

At this point, I am convinced anyone who mentions issues with culture announcements on events/planned activities, is either inactive or looking at the wrong places. People who are tuned out are still aware of these events; those who are active seem to be aware of these events. So if someone genuinely is not aware of these events, then they’re either looking at the wrong places, or probably nitpicking at someone else’s expense.

Recently we have become much more proactive about using the discord events system and pings to alert users as to upcoming events, shows, etc.

It's a welcome change. One thing users can always do is make sure they are up to date with what's happening in euro is to make sure they are in the relevant discord roles to get pings for radio shows, new articles.. And to check your general and server specific discord settings for alerts.

At this point, I am convinced anyone who mentions issues with culture announcements on events/planned activities, is either inactive or looking at the wrong places. People who are tuned out are still aware of these events; those who are active seem to be aware of these events. So if someone genuinely is not aware of these events, then they’re either looking at the wrong places, or probably nitpicking at someone else’s expense.
*pats himself on the back for moving #executive-updates into a more obvious/viewable spot*

Back