An Interview with the Minister of Culture

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interview with the Minister of Culture, Rachael

Interviewer: Cool Spring

11/10/18
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

People, especially newcomers to the region, may wonder what part the Ministry of Culture plays in Europeian life and what the Minister of Culture, Rachael, has planned for then rest of her term and for all of Europeia. I had a few minutes to chat with the Minister, as she was leaving her large office building in the Ministry Building.

Cool Spring: For those that may not know you as well, can you give a brief summary of your time in NationStates and Europeia?

Rachael: I joined NationStates in June of 2017 in a raider region, and I've been a raider since, and am currently active in The Black Hawks. As for my time in Europeia, I applied for citizenship in November of 2017, but later left due to personal reasons. I applied for citizenship a second time in early January of 2018. Shortly after I got involved in Culture, becoming a Deputy Minister of it under Writinglegend. I had a brief week of being Minister of Culture under former President HEM, but later resigned due to IRL issues. Aside from Culture, I've also been an active participant in the ERN, having been the Grand Admiral under former President Ervald.

Cool Spring: What policies do you have in mind for Culture, for the rest of the term?

Rachael: I think Culture needs to get active on the forums again! That is my number one goal for Culture this term as I believe the lack of culture activities on the forums has contributed to Culture falling nearly silent.

Cool Spring: On the topic of reform, do you support HEM's reform and that follow-up reform of Prim? If not, what reform, if any, do you propose?

Rachael: I'll be honest, I haven't been following the reforms too closely. Last I checked, we were still debating the Premier and the typical Presidential role. I support us splitting the executive, but I haven't followed specific reforms enough to know anything else.

Cool Spring: Do you agree with most of what your predecessors have done as Ministers of Culture? Are you trying to pave a new path as Minister?

Rachael: I don't agree with the lack of forum activity and how Culture has become more Discord based. We've listed all results of Weekend Games under Culture Discord channels and we have done Jeopardy as an event which took more time and resources then we as a Ministry could give and still be effective. Of course, Culture becoming Discord based more makes sense given what happened concerning the Tapapocalypse*, but that needs to change.

Cool Spring: What are your strong points, as Minister?

Rachael: My strong point is that I love to come up with activities and things to do, which I hope is rejuvenating Culture!

Cool Spring: With strong points, let’s go opposite and talk about what your weaknesses as Minister – what are they?

Rachael: This is going to have the same answer as my answer in the last Presidential election (only because it hasn’t changed), but I sometimes act without thinking things through, which is something that needs to change for Culture and I hope has so far.

Cool Spring: Is there anything that you would like to say to the people of Europeia and to your current members of Culture, and maybe some future members?

Rachael: Culture is an excellent place to start out in Europeia and it can be fun to do! If you're even a little bit interested in Culture, just check it out here.

*The Europeian forums used to be on Zetaboards. Tapatalk bought out Zetaboards and forcefully converted everyone to Tapatalk which is not a great platform, hence why we're now on Xenforo. Because of this, a lot of our government got a halt on it which was awful for activity for the region.

I would like to thank Minister Rachael for conducting this interview with me. The EBC also thanks those that keep up to date with us, you and your contributions are what help keep us going! Thank you and may Nethel bless you all.

Glad to have Rach on board!

Back