HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
All —

It is with much frustration that I come before you to announce that Sam111 is indefinitely banned from http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/index/ and all associated off-site communications platforms.

This one doesn’t require a lot of explanation. Our members deserve to play this game without being harassed or abused by other players. When they are, this requires decisive and immediate action.

Administrators have seen screenshots of Discord conversations over a period of time that essentially match the textbook definition of an abusive relationship, or serial harassment. Survivor testimony matches what is seen in these logs, and it paints a picture of abusive, controlling behavior that leaves no alternative remedy than an indefinite ban.

It is worth noting that having a fit of fury, or even having an anger problem, does not necessarily rise to the level of harassment or abuse. We all have bad days, and some of us even have demons. These are forgivable to a degree, as we all grow and learn together. However, when such behavior becomes a concerted effort to emotionally control someone, that is abuse, and it is not acceptable.

/s/

The Administrative Team

Wow.

I haven't really commented or talked about any of the other bans, because I wasn't really close to people like Brun or XIV, but this completely shocked me. I mean, just a few weeks ago Sam and I were talking through DMs, never really expected that this would happen. I guess you can never be too careful about the people that you meet online.

Thanks for protecting us and being great admin team.

GraVandius said:
Nick Powell said:
Rand said:
no u

but thank you all for the protection
Did rands post just get removed? Cuz I dont think that is particularly legal.
I won't dare to presume what is legal. But at some point just posting 'first' to a serious announcement starts to border trolling and make me wonder how the person who posts that was elevated to a serious cabinet position in the first place.

Not again...

I used to be pretty close to Sam111 when he was my deputy. It's shocking to see how people have these other sides to them.

I'm truly grateful for the work our admins do keeping this forum safe.

Olde Delaware said:
GraVandius said:
Nick Powell said:
Rand said:
no u

I won't dare to presume what is legal. But at some point just posting 'first' to a serious announcement starts to border trolling and make me wonder how the person who posts that was elevated to a serious cabinet position in the first place.
Yea but trolling by itself is not illegal. If the admins, or whomever removed the post, believes it to be spam then I think it would be a far better action to take Rand to court for Unlawful Spamming then summarily remove his post.

GraVandius said:
Olde Delaware said:
GraVandius said:
Nick Powell said:
Rand said:
no u

Yea but trolling by itself is not illegal. If the admins, or whomever removed the post believes it to be spam then I think it would be a far better action to take Rand to court for Unlawful Spamming then summarily remove his post.
I removed it, I shouldn't have done it, it won't happen again.

Thank you for your due diligence into looking into this matter. Your friends in TWP have taken the same course of action.

Goodness.... I feel like bringing out the white sage....

It's good to know we have such a capable group of people running the forums and off-site interactions to keep all Europeians safe.

It's just a shame their talents seem to have been called upon so frequently in recent months.

Back