HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
All —

Many of you have likely seen Rach/Solorni’s public confession that she sexted with an underage player.

Our administrative team has been investigating this matter for the past week, after the victim shared their testimony with a group of regional administrators. While the act of publicly confessing and taking responsibility for your actions is right-minded, this player’s testimony—along with the evidence we have gathered since—is extremely serious and leaves us with no option but to convert Rach’s self-imposed ban to an indefinite one.

Logs received and reviewed by the Administrative Team show it is overwhelmingly likely that Rach knew and understood there was a critical age difference between her and the other player. This is an extremely serious offense and the prime catalyst for our ban.

A secondary concern brought to our attention, on more than one occasion, is that Rach seemingly initiated strategic relationships to manipulate players and secure their loyalty. The underage victim with whom she sexted alluded to such a motive through their description of the events. The only previous victim to bring forth such a claim lacked credibility because of their own misconduct, but additional witness testimony suggests that Rach has pursued such social and emotional manipulation with multiple players in order to bolster her interests.

Taken all together, we believe that Rach at best has displayed extremely poor, cavalier judgment that has placed players in harm's way, and at worst has deliberately sought to manipulate players she thought could be useful to her gameplay interests via social relationships. We believe she poses an unacceptable threat to our community, which is why she will not be allowed back.

/s/

HEM, Chief Administrator
Malashaan, Deputy Chief Administrator
Darcness, Senior Administrator
Lethen, Senior Administrator
Sopo, Associate Administrator
Kuramia, Associate Administrator

This is very concerning, and I will be taking action based on this information. I appreciate how efficiently this was processed by Europeia.

So, given this Id like to revise my post in Rach's Apology and Farewell thread. I assumed that that post represented repentance of a singular mistake caused by lack of care and it seems that is less and less accurate. The admin post seems to indicate it was neither singular, nor a mistake, nor due to lack of care as was stated by Rach. And instead I will simply once more thank the admin team for their great efforts to keep us and this region safe.

me being me, i trust too much in others, i am disappointed in rach and glad the admins have done what is necessary, i am sad to see rach go cause she seemed nice, but if that is the case i only wish her a sad goodbye

This really disappoints me, Rach and I had our issues, public ones at that. But in the last week or so, maybe two weeks she had approached me a couple of times offering a friendly ear and a shoulder if I needed it. We had started to build some kind of friendship.

Now, like the previous ban, I wonder if it was for an ulterior motive.

F'n hell.

This really disappoints me, Rach and I had our issues, public ones at that. But in the last week or so, maybe two weeks she had approached me a couple of times offering a friendly ear and a shoulder if I needed it. We had started to build some kind of friendship.
It appears that the kind of behavior you describe above was the norm for Solorni, she would "buddy up" to people in order to attempt to gain something from them and largely ignore them if she did not.

One last ban for the end of the year right?
There's no point in me reiterating points against Rach or sharing stories of my own interactions.
I will say that I am sad this continues to happen; I worry for the cohesion and unity that we as citizens have with one another. Time and time again we stand next to each other as friends, but every event like this threatens to erode that trust.

It appears that the kind of behavior you describe above was the norm for Solorni, she would "buddy up" to people in order to attempt to gain something from them and largely ignore them if she did not.
Unfortunately true. Most of us have all been subject to Rach's manipulative behavior. I've personally disliked her IC approach to politics and her OOC behavior for a long time, especially the way she would make things personal during debates only to then backtrack with a non-apology or play the victim.

I certainly didn't expect any of this though.

We disagreed with each other over NS gameplay. But Rachel always went out of her way to be nice and took to defending people when there was no benefit for her in it. I miss the Rachel I knew when I was in Europeia. It is really sad to learn she lost her way in the game and real life, and engaged in this sort of behavior.

I hope she makes changes in her life, and seeks some help. Clinical depression is not the same, though I found that when you really reach the rocks psychologically and get in a bad pattern of behavior, seeking help from a professional is the way forward.

I am . . . Quite devastated by the news. Rachel and I were quite close. She helped me through my struggle with depression immensely, and was someone I could always count on. I truly considered her one of my greatest friends both online and otherwise. I don't know what to think atm. I think I need some time away from everything

I never talked to her, she invited me to her personal server a month ago but we never spoke. I'm sorry for her that this decision was made.

Back