Admin Task Thread

I told you I probably fucked it all up, Nums.

Bit of a weird one, when you use the list-a-members-topics option on a profile page, can the results be listed chronologically? A lot of the topics are put in a chronological order but some are jumbled up a bit.. It would be useful for historical researching but no worries if it's not possible to fix!

I noticed that too. I haven't had a chance to poke around the Admin CP to see if we can resolve the issue (it may be a ZB thing), but it looks like the threads that are at the top of the list are either pinned or were commented upon recently.

Lethen said:
I noticed that too. I haven't had a chance to poke around the Admin CP to see if we can resolve the issue (it may be a ZB thing), but it looks like the threads that are at the top of the list are either pinned or were commented upon recently.
That was the way it was with Invisionfree, ZB tries to organise them chronologically but it seems it gives up part way through the list.. :p

Only after asking other citizen, did I find out that I had to post admin requests in this thread. Excuses for the PM's to both Lethen and r3n! Anyhow, I would like to ask the admins whether they could help me with the following:

Is it possible to create me a subforum in the uni called "The Shaw Society"? I've come to the conclusion that I actually don't wish to make it password protected, so anyone can see what we'll be doing. But is it possible to make a "mask"/"group"/... I don't know what, so that only me, Artimis, Nacek and Castor have posting rights for now? It's a place where I wish to group all of the professors that are dedicated to university lessons following my content-requirements. With three of those professors, aside from me, I need a place to properly organise. If you don't agree that this should be here (though the society would revolve around changing the uni), (a likewise "masked"?) subforum in wellbeing hub is fine too. A manifesto concerning our goals (mainly hanging towards my uni reform proposals) will be uploaded soon :)

EDIT: if password protection is easier, both for creation as for admitting possible new professors, that's equally fine with me though...

Also would I like to ask the creation of the following courses for the following persons to administer:
History for Dummies (subtitle: History as a guide for a better future.) - Huxwells
On the Pulse of Morning (subtitle: political litrature for the soul.) - Artimis
On the Good and the Right (subtitle: Ethics, society, and their political importance.) - Castor (only possible once you've given her the pre-citizen status? she's a real life friend of mine, so i've told her pretty much everything already :p)

Thanks in advance!

As the author of the Civil Law Act, I request permission to speak in the Senate for the duration of the discussion of the bill as per the CA Act. ^_^

Pope Lexus X said:
As the author of the Civil Law Act, I request permission to speak in the Senate for the duration of the discussion of the bill as per the CA Act. ^_^
Talk to the Mal. As Speaker he has direct control over that.

Huxwells said:
Only after asking other citizen, did I find out that I had to post admin requests in this thread. Excuses for the PM's to both Lethen and r3n! Anyhow, I would like to ask the admins whether they could help me with the following:

Is it possible to create me a subforum in the uni called "The Shaw Society"? I've come to the conclusion that I actually don't wish to make it password protected, so anyone can see what we'll be doing. But is it possible to make a "mask"/"group"/... I don't know what, so that only me, Artimis, Nacek and Castor have posting rights for now? It's a place where I wish to group all of the professors that are dedicated to university lessons following my content-requirements. With three of those professors, aside from me, I need a place to properly organise. If you don't agree that this should be here (though the society would revolve around changing the uni), (a likewise "masked"?) subforum in wellbeing hub is fine too. A manifesto concerning our goals (mainly hanging towards my uni reform proposals) will be uploaded soon :)

EDIT: if password protection is easier, both for creation as for admitting possible new professors, that's equally fine with me though...

Also would I like to ask the creation of the following courses for the following persons to administer:
History for Dummies (subtitle: History as a guide for a better future.) - Huxwells
On the Pulse of Morning (subtitle: political litrature for the soul.) - Artimis
On the Good and the Right (subtitle: Ethics, society, and their political importance.) - Castor (only possible once you've given her the pre-citizen status? she's a real life friend of mine, so i've told her pretty much everything already :p)

Thanks in advance!
Hux, before I implement your requests, could you please point me to some confirmation that the Culture Minister (or whoever runs the University these days) has approved of these changes? If there is no such confirmation, I believe you should contact him or the President first about it.

Also, once the confirmation is posted: Do you want the courses to be separate subforums? If separate threads would suffice, then I would recommend you go for that approach. In that case, you should be able to make the posts yourself once your forum is created, and moderate them in any way you want.

As for Castor, if she has not already, she should post in the citizenship forum for the non-voting member mask.

After a convo with Cerian on skype, the following came out:

[17:24:03] Cerian Quilor: You can use the private office of professors that already exists. You don't need the Shaw Society. You can have one subforum for all your classes in the University. Kaiser shouldn't have gotten his own subforum for his 'class' and neither should anyone else. the subforums should be organized by subject, but at the moment, one subforum for these test cases works well enough.

So I wish to gain access to the professor quarters, and the allowance to share the pass with three other professors. Although I don't agree that only one subforum should be instated for FOUR different courses, I would thus like to have one created in the uni for this goal and have moderating rights to it. This subforum should be named 'The Shaw Courses'.

Is this good enough, r3n? :)

Please update the forum header to reflect that Anumia is now the Grand Admiral, not CSP.

Is there a reason why some people can't see 'The Shaw Courses'? I was talking to Leo Pacific, a non-voting member, about it and he said he couldn't see any subforum called that way. When I gave him the link, he couldn't open it either, stating the following:

"Nope, can't see it. It says "Access Denied Error Code: 7002:962577"."

Can this please be looked into properly?

All done and resolved.

Back