Admin Task Thread

Drecq said:
Did anyone ever figure out why I (probably not just me but I only know about myself for certain) can edit other peoples profiles? I can still do it... .
I won't be on admin until later. Where can you edit people's posts?

Lethen said:
Drecq said:
Did anyone ever figure out why I (probably not just me but I only know about myself for certain) can edit other peoples profiles? I can still do it... .
I won't be on admin until later. Where can you edit people's posts?
Not posts, profiles. For example, if I click on your Name I go to your profile, right?In the top left of your profile you have the profile options drop down menu. Amongst the usual, List Member's Post, List Member's Topics, Name History, Ignore Lethen, and Add to Contacts there is also the option Edit Profile.
When I click on it I go here:

I feel like we had this exact exchange a few pages earlier. I'll look into it later.

EDIT: I can edit your's too!

Drecq, can you still edit other profiles? And your own?

Damn. Thought I found a solution.

Well, we are a step closer. :D I can not edit all profiles anymore. Of course, the one I can not edit is my own. But closer none the less. :)

What about now?

Drecq said:
Now I can edit both yours and mine again.
It will have to stay that way until I take some time to investigate further. It may be a default - and perhaps permanent - setting on ZB.

Doesnt really matter much anyways. I was just wondering because it seems a pointless thing to even be possible.

I went in and looked at his moderator privileges, which were wrong, and then I fixed them. :p

How is it you didn't think of that? :p

Swakistek said:
I went in and looked at his moderator privileges, which were wrong, and then I fixed them. :p

How is it you didn't think of that? :p
Why would mod privileges allow you to edit others' profiles? :baghead:

Back