Admin Task Thread

I'm going to later today. Forgot to yesterday and won't have time to get on Admin CP until later today.

I've gone ahead and placed all the proper protocols on the spam bot accounts. They should all be dealt with (unless I missed one or two).

Done.

Also ordered the embassies alphabetically. Someone forgot to do that for the last embassy that was made.

Also, let me register my objection to putting all the embassies starting with 'The' in 'T'. I prefer to ignore the 'The' and alphabetise them that way.

I made the change.

The definite article is an integral part of the regional name. East Pacific and The East Pacific are very different regions. We cannot arbitrarily choose to ignore it when alphabetizing the list.

The reason why it is ignored in other lists is because it is usually necessary to use when writing someone's/something's name, but not otherwise an integral part of the name.

I concur with R3n.

r3naissanc3r said:
I made the change.

The definite article is an integral part of the regional name. East Pacific and The East Pacific are very different regions. We cannot arbitrarily choose to ignore it when alphabetizing the list.

The reason why it is ignored in other lists is because it is usually necessary to use when writing someone's/something's name, but not otherwise an integral part of the name.
In that case, I'm happy with that.

Can we archive the Porta Rico People thread please? It's not the way to put our best foot forward in Europeian Station.

(I'd also suggest IP-banning PRP, but that's not my call to make.)

Skizzy Grey said:
Can we archive the Porta Rico People thread please? It's not the way to put our best foot forward in Europeian Station.

(I'd also suggest IP-banning PRP, but that's not my call to make.)
I've already closed the thread and I think the IP ban is a tad excessive.

Would you still prefer we archive it*?

*If the answer is yes, and another admin sees it first, move the thread - without leaving a redirect thread please - to the citizenship reports subforum

The whole conversation, and the fact that we humored his ass so long, reflects poorly on us. We shouldn't have something in the very first forum that new arrivals visit that reflects poorly on us. If it were my call, I'd archive it.

Back