Admin Task Thread

Please mask the new Senators - the 24 hours that it was stated the polls were open for has long passed.

Seven Deaths said:
Any time I use quotation marks or apostrophes in things that I write in Google Docs or Word, it shows up on forum as an odd collection of symbols. So, when I write something substantial which is the only time I write in Docs or Word and then transfer it to the forums, I have to spend another 20 minutes going through and erasing them and retyping those punctuation. Is there anyway to compensate for that? Or no?

Example: “Hey, I wasn’t done.”

Example: "Hey, I wasn't done."

EDIT: Err, nevermind. It apparently only does that in the Preview box and not when it actually posts it.
Regarding this, it is not an issue of the forum. It has to do with the fact that google docs uses "smart quotes". The same will happen if you try to copy/paste your google document to any other form that uses raw text.

It should not take you 20 minutes though. Just use find/replace, a function all editors have and which can be applied globally :wink: . I have to do it myself all the time, as I use google docs very often.

Please mask Germany as Assistant Minister. Thanks.

*leaves a Plate of Cookies and some White Russians*

r3naissanc3r said:
Seven Deaths said:
Any time I use quotation marks or apostrophes in things that I write in Google Docs or Word, it shows up on forum as an odd collection of symbols. So, when I write something substantial which is the only time I write in Docs or Word and then transfer it to the forums, I have to spend another 20 minutes going through and erasing them and retyping those punctuation. Is there anyway to compensate for that? Or no?

Example: “Hey, I wasn’t done.”

Example: "Hey, I wasn't done."

EDIT: Err, nevermind. It apparently only does that in the Preview box and not when it actually posts it.
Regarding this, it is not an issue of the forum. It has to do with the fact that google docs uses "smart quotes". The same will happen if you try to copy/paste your google document to any other form that uses raw text.

It should not take you 20 minutes though. Just use find/replace, a function all editors have and which can be applied globally :wink: . I have to do it myself all the time, as I use google docs very often.
Is there a Find/Replace tool on the forum? i was on the forum and going through looking for all the quotation marks. :p But I rectified the situation. haha

Seven Deaths said:
Is there a Find/Replace tool on the forum? i was on the forum and going through looking for all the quotation marks. :p But I rectified the situation. haha
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant that you should use Find/Replace to remove the quotes from the google doc, before c/ping it here.

Back