Admin Task Thread

I don't think you read my post. Do you have a plan for these forums? Not a loose collection of ideas, but an actual plan?

I don't think you read my post. Do you have a plan for these forums? Not a loose collection of ideas, but an actual plan?
Could you clarify what you mean by plan? I feel like I described what I expected would happen if the forum was unarchived, and how it would be used.

1. Senators create a thread to use as an office
2. For each term, senators would return to that office, and release a brief opening statement/address confirming their priorities for this term
3. The space can be used to issue any statements to the public about recent votes that might require further elaboration/justification
4. The space can be used as a way for citizens to personally connect and interface with senators, or lobby them on an issue
5. Senators will respond to these requests/messages via the office

I have a hard time seeing why those things can't be simply done through the GH, honestly. And I'm skeptical they'll be done anyway. Based on my recollection and a quick perusal of the archives, we've had something like what, 70 Senates now? 75?

Looking at this forum and this forum, we've had maybe 3 pages' worth of threads (with very little use) from 2008 to 2017. That tells me it'll barely get used, again. Admittedly though, I've apparently been opposed to these offices since September 2008. :p

I guess it depends on when it was archived, I mean if they weren't archived until like 2019, then yeah, I'd agree with the little use, but if they were archived in 2017, then I don't know how strongly that argument holds.

I mean, in the end none of us are omniscient, right? Like no one here really can fully know whether they'll be used or not, we can only just make educated guesses and predictions based off of our past experiences. Whenever anything new is proposed, none of us can really know whether it will be active or not, whether it'll be used. I hope to lead by example this term in utilizing my office, and I know that a few other senators would be interested as well.

I know admins can be very particular sometimes about what subforums get created or pulled out, but IMO, the senate offices subforum doesn't seem to be like a highly divisive topic that has admins archiving and unarchiving it constantly. Even if it were to only be relevant for a year, if a few senators were really interested in using it -- I think it'd be worth it (just like Arnhelm -- I don't think the region would say that it was a total waste of time, even if it ended up being archived). We make one-off subforums for culture events all the time, that are displayed on the main page, so personally, I don't think another senate subforum that might be used occasionally would be too crazy.

I guess it depends on when it was archived, I mean if they weren't archived until like 2019, then yeah, I'd agree with the little use, but if they were archived in 2017, then I don't know how strongly that argument holds.
So we're just going to ignore the data presented from 2008 to 2017 because there isn't any data from 2017 to 2021? Even though the 2008 to 2017 offices were relatively unused, which is especially poignant when you consider this was before MSN, then Skype, then Discord began stealing away activity from the forums?

You still haven't really addressed what I said above - what's stopping you from simply using the GH for this? - and things like Arnhelm, culture festival forums, etc. aren't comparable at all to Senate offices. Regardless, this will either become another "big idea" with no follow-through, or it'll become a thing we do and then in a term, we'll have to archive them again because of disuse and a new Speaker who says "these are dumb." :p

Could you clarify what you mean by plan? I feel like I described what I expected would happen if the forum was unarchived, and how it would be used.

1. Senators create a thread to use as an office
2. For each term, senators would return to that office, and release a brief opening statement/address confirming their priorities for this term
3. The space can be used to issue any statements to the public about recent votes that might require further elaboration/justification
4. The space can be used as a way for citizens to personally connect and interface with senators, or lobby them on an issue
5. Senators will respond to these requests/messages via the office
I think the thing you're missing here, Monkey, is that you've got a collection of ideas and possibilities. A Senator might use the form for an office, they could return to that office, the office could be used as a space to talk to a specific Senator maybe, if a citizen wanted to. Every single time we have pulled those offices out of mothballs, it was because of things that could or should happen, and at this point, we have enough empirical evidence that tells us that could actually equals won't. So unless you can present a concrete plan that absolutely will find use for these subforums, this doesn't fall within the bounds of a reasonable request.

Let's compare that to every other forum request we get:
  1. Festivals? The government WILL use them, even if it's to host events nobody uses (but at least the government does things with those fora).
  2. Political Parties? Those do get used, even if it's only for a little while before we dump them, and even then, they have to be approved by the government.
  3. Arnhelm? That thing had legislation backing it, and it got used quite a bit, and even if it hadn't seen a lot of use, there were a lot of people standing up with specific plans for its use.

See the difference here?

The EndoTarting tool (here) is returning an error for me. I'm unsure if it's an issue with the tool or with my browser.
This appears to be working. Let me know if it continues to plague you.

Reactions: upc
Hello! As discussed with the admins within the staff of the Ministry of Interior, could this be the way the forum is organized?
  • Europeian Centre
    • Newcomer's Hall
    • Citizenship & Foreign Relations
    • Employment Central
    • r3naissanc3r Administrative Bureau
  • Arnhelm Capitol District
    • Palatium Manor
    • 34 Goldenblock Avenue
    • Senatia
    • High Court
  • Palace of the People
    • Oval Room
    • 17 Dove's Swoop Lane
    • Grand Hall
    • Political Parties & Societies
  • Pinkerton Way (Formerly Ever-Expanding Bureaucracy)
    • Ministries/ERN...
  • The Newsstand
    • EBC
    • LethoMonarchy Media Center
  • District of Regional Enlightenment
    • Pine-Euro Regional Library
    • Republic Square
    • Arts & Entertainment (possibly a subforum of RS)
    • Games (Possibly a subforum of RS)

Also could the Arnhelm link in the header be replaced with a link to the Grand Hall?

Last edited:
Hello! As discussed with the admins within the staff of the Ministry of Interior, could this be the way the forum is organized?
  • Europeian Centre
    • Newcomer's Hall
    • Employment Central
    • Palatium Manor
    • 34 Goldenblock Avenue
    • Senatia
    • High Court
  • Palace of the People
    • Oval Room
    • 17 Dove's Swoop Lane
    • Grand Hall
    • Ministries/ERN...
  • The Newsstand
    • EBC
    • Republic Square

Also could the Arnhelm link in the header be replaced with a link to the Grand Hall?
I believe this is done. There's a good chance there's some permissions fuckery that still needs to happen, please let me know if you discover anything amiss.

• Europeian Centre
    • Newcomer's Hall
    • Employment Central
    • Palatium Manor
    • 34 Goldenblock Avenue
    • Senatia
    • High Court
  • Palace of the People
    • Oval Room
    • 17 Dove's Swoop Lane
    • Grand Hall
    • Ministries/ERN...
  • The Newsstand
    • EBC
    • Republic Square

When was this discussed? 🤔

• Europeian Centre
    • Newcomer's Hall
    • Employment Central
    • Palatium Manor
    • 34 Goldenblock Avenue
    • Senatia
    • High Court
  • Palace of the People
    • Oval Room
    • 17 Dove's Swoop Lane
    • Grand Hall
    • Ministries/ERN...
  • The Newsstand
    • EBC
    • Republic Square

When was this discussed? 🤔
This was an Interior discussion.

For some reason I have the ability to edit and pin threads in the Lethnomonarchy media center. Haven't checked other forums, but this power is getting to my head

Back