Admin Task Thread

Or just leave them where they are? Wild idea, I know.
... is there something I'm missing? I intend to have the Arnhelm Clerk position codified in law, which would, similar to the Senate Clerk, require me to keep the Arnhelm Law Index to a high standard of organisation and clarity. There's no out of date or repealed laws in the Primary Statute index for Europeia for a reason. Having defunct threads cluttering up the subforum is not a high standard of organisation and clarity.

Definitely feel like there's something I'm missing considering how picky this subject appears to be. I would've preferred a different subforum, but as long as the thread is out of that part of the index I honestly don't mind.
It's a few things.

1. Fewer subfora -- This forum currently hosts one thousand five hundred thirty-five subfora. You don't see most of them because they're in the Archives. We have so many forums, in fact, that on the admin side, some of our control panel pages are noticeably taxed. Database upgrades (also meaning forum software upgrades) are things that have to be carefully monitored, because we push a lot of boundaries for this particular software. I want people to understand that the situation is not dire. However, the Administrative team does need to make sure that forum creep is kept to a minimum.
  2. Permission Hierarchy -- Forum permissions are hierarchical. It is much easier to have two fora which are siblings have similar permissions than it is to have a permission set for something all the way over in the Archives.
  3. Minds change -- How many times has the Workspace forum in the Senate been archived and revived? Even once is too many. Experience has taught us that providing archive forums for spaces that see consistent use (unless there is a strong need for a permissions shift) is likely to be reversed by a future administration (I use the term loosely here).

In the end, these kind of 'trash bin' archives are something we generally do not do, unless there is a strong need. In my opinion, this request doesn't meet that bar.
Okay, makes sense. I'd assumed from discussion with other people that there must be some unneeded technical burden from having a subforum so this here confirms that. Is there any technical burden if we just move the threads out of the law index and into the general Arnhelm subforum? Like Prim suggested above?

Or just leave them where they are? Wild idea, I know.
... is there something I'm missing? I intend to have the Arnhelm Clerk position codified in law, which would, similar to the Senate Clerk, require me to keep the Arnhelm Law Index to a high standard of organisation and clarity. There's no out of date or repealed laws in the Primary Statute index for Europeia for a reason. Having defunct threads cluttering up the subforum is not a high standard of organisation and clarity.

Definitely feel like there's something I'm missing considering how picky this subject appears to be. I would've preferred a different subforum, but as long as the thread is out of that part of the index I honestly don't mind.
It's a few things.

1. Fewer subfora -- This forum currently hosts one thousand five hundred thirty-five subfora. You don't see most of them because they're in the Archives. We have so many forums, in fact, that on the admin side, some of our control panel pages are noticeably taxed. Database upgrades (also meaning forum software upgrades) are things that have to be carefully monitored, because we push a lot of boundaries for this particular software. I want people to understand that the situation is not dire. However, the Administrative team does need to make sure that forum creep is kept to a minimum.
  2. Permission Hierarchy -- Forum permissions are hierarchical. It is much easier to have two fora which are siblings have similar permissions than it is to have a permission set for something all the way over in the Archives.
  3. Minds change -- How many times has the Workspace forum in the Senate been archived and revived? Even once is too many. Experience has taught us that providing archive forums for spaces that see consistent use (unless there is a strong need for a permissions shift) is likely to be reversed by a future administration (I use the term loosely here).

In the end, these kind of 'trash bin' archives are something we generally do not do, unless there is a strong need. In my opinion, this request doesn't meet that bar.
Okay, makes sense. I'd assumed from discussion with other people that there must be some unneeded technical burden from having a subforum so this here confirms that. Is there any technical burden if we just move the threads out of the law index and into the general Arnhelm subforum? Like Prim suggested above?
In this case, that's exactly what I'd recommend. :) It may be worth having a longer discussion regarding the forum structure for Arnhelm entirely, so you could DM me and we could get together a plan (rather than cluttering this thread further).

Not to add to what is surely going to be our Sixteen Hundredth subfora, I need some created:

I need a Deputy Week event forum with the following subforums: Ministry Questions & Answers, Ministry Games, Opening Speeches, Closing Speeches, and Polls & Propaganda

Mods: Cabinet and Councilors, FM/SM, CoS/VCoS
Admins, can we get a subforum called “EuroPride 2020” in the Europeian Centre part of the forum? The description shall be: “Come celebrate Pride with all of us!” Said subforum will need three sub-sub-forums: Rainbow Podium, with the description: “Listen to speeches on Pride and LGBTQ2S+ here!”; Share+, with the description: “Share your stories and experiences on LGBTQ2S+ here!”; and Library of Help Resources, with the description “Need some Pride resources and help? Look no further!”. The subforum will need to be invisible to everyone except Culture Staff, OD, and the Council of State. Moderators are @Rotasu, @Giovanniland, @Monkey, @Astrellan, @ForilianSupervisor, @South Eastern Centralia, @HEM, and @Olde Delaware . The subforum needs to remain hidden until Saturday, 6 June. Thanks! :)

We likely don't want both subfora to be visible at the same time. What is the timeframe for both of these so they can be built at the appropriate time?

Not to add to what is surely going to be our Sixteen Hundredth subfora, I need some created:

I need a Deputy Week event forum with the following subforums: Ministry Questions & Answers, Ministry Games, Opening Speeches, Closing Speeches, and Polls & Propaganda

Mods: Cabinet and Councilors, FM/SM, CoS/VCoS
Admins, can we get a subforum called “EuroPride 2020” in the Europeian Centre part of the forum? The description shall be: “Come celebrate Pride with all of us!” Said subforum will need three sub-sub-forums: Rainbow Podium, with the description: “Listen to speeches on Pride and LGBTQ2S+ here!”; Share+, with the description: “Share your stories and experiences on LGBTQ2S+ here!”; and Library of Help Resources, with the description “Need some Pride resources and help? Look no further!”. The subforum will need to be invisible to everyone except Culture Staff, OD, and the Council of State. Moderators are @Rotasu, @Giovanniland, @Monkey, @Astrellan, @ForilianSupervisor, @South Eastern Centralia, @HEM, and @Olde Delaware . The subforum needs to remain hidden until Saturday, 6 June. Thanks! :)

We likely don't want both subfora to be visible at the same time. What is the timeframe for both of these so they can be built at the appropriate time?
EuroPride is planned for 8-15 June, but we'll probably need it by early next week so we can start the set-up process. Not sure about Deputy Week. @Olde Delaware ?

Uh... bump? The event is literally in 3 days

Mostly done - I pinged you on discord about mods

Sorry about this! We've been kind of swamped, and I know I've had a pretty big downtick in my activity the last week or so with everything going on in the US. I actually pinged the rest of the team in our server this morning to see what needed to be caught up on so I could do it later, but you beat me to the punch!

That being said, for an event that's "literally in 3 days," I'm surprised you have yet to populate the forum with posts and threads after this many hours of the forum existing. You made it seem much more urgent. :unsure:

EDIT: Is everything caught up on besides OD's Minecraft subforum question above?

Sorry about this! We've been kind of swamped, and I know I've had a pretty big downtick in my activity the last week or so with everything going on in the US. I actually pinged the rest of the team in our server this morning to see what needed to be caught up on so I could do it later, but you beat me to the punch!

That being said, for an event that's "literally in 3 days," I'm surprised you have yet to populate the forum with posts and threads after this many hours of the forum existing. You made it seem much more urgent. :unsure:

EDIT: Is everything caught up on besides OD's Minecraft subforum question above?
The event team is going to do it Lethen, no worries. :p

Hi! Would it be possible to get a subforum made named "World Assembly 101" visible to all registered users (as we'll hopefully be having foreign visitors taking part)? The description would be "Join in here if you are interested in learning more about the functions of the World Assembly, especially authoring and analysing Resolutions." - and the moderators would be me and @SkyGreen24 (and Mal but as an admin he can do that stuff already I assume).

I'm not 100% sure where it would be most appropriate for it to go, I'd be fine with it going in the Europeian Centre section although that might then get quite huge. Otherwise maybe in the District of Regional Enlightenment, if that's a thing that can happen? Or below the CoWAA subforum?

Wait...I thought that already existed? Or maybe it was archived. I'll check

Wait...I thought that already existed? Or maybe it was archived. I'll check
The previous WA 101 threads are stored in a subforum inside the CoWAA subforum, I think, but I can't really use that forum because non-citizens can't see it

1591567625087.png

Just no edit button, which is weird. Unless I'm looking in the wrong spot?
Also, could it be centered and italicized please? Thank you!!

Also, any chance we could delete the Share+ subforum in EuroPride? It's basically the same as Rainbow Podium, and I don't think we'll have enough contributions that we'll need to split up written work for the event. I know you guys don't like deleting things, but it was just created and it's empty so I thought I might as well ask.

Seen as it hasn't been used, i deleted share+. My phone isn't letting me format text but you should be able to fix it now.

Can I get permissions back for EuroPride? I went in to write a post, but it says I have insufficient privileges. Considering I wrote some posts yesterday, that doesn’t make any sense.

Also, can we unlock viewing, posting, and commenting for everyone at 12pm ET? That’s the official start. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Can I get permissions back for EuroPride? I went in to write a post, but it says I have insufficient privileges. Considering I wrote some posts yesterday, that doesn’t make any sense.

Also, can we unlock viewing, posting, and commenting for everyone at 12pm ET? That’s the official start. Thanks :)
Should be fixed now. That was my bad.

Back