Additional Senate Forums

North East Somerset

Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Can I suggest some additional sub-forums for the Senate.

One to allow the business of Question Time to take place in, rather than having it in the Speaker's Office, as it will get to be a bit of a mess.

Also, can another sub-forum be set up called "Senators Constituency Offices" or "Senators Public Offices" or something of the like for Senators to post up personal policy announcements, voting records, political updates, that sort of thing.

There have been issues with things like that not being used in the past, but I feel rather confident that this particular Senate will make use of them, at the very least.

The first is something I also suggested to the Speaker, not just for question time but also for nominations and debate on those. I will create it later.

For the latter, I have suggested in the past that the Office of the Speaker forum be renamed into something else, and then all Senators (including the Speaker) can have their offices there. I don't see the need for two separate forums, one for the Speaker office, and another for all the other Senators'.

I've changed the Speaker's office to a more general name so that all Senators may use it.

I've changed the Speaker's office to a more general name so that all Senators may use it.
I don't like this...

I changed it back, and made a conference room.

I don't like this...

I changed it back, and made a conference room.
Yes, and I guarantee the Conference Room will be dead in two terms. I say we keep the way I did it. What is there to lose?

I think there is a legitimate use for the conference room. It will help clear a crowded Senate where every now and then a non-Senator gets to post for one issue or another. It also mostly removes the burden of managing Senate-guest masking.

Can somebody explain the precise intentions of the Conference Room, so I put the right kind of things in there?

Presumably all nominations and debate between the Senate and Executive/candidate should go there. Also, it can be used to minimize posting by non-Senators in the main Senate forum as much as possible, but how this will be done exactly is up to the Senate. One idea, for example, would be to entirely do away with invitations and have citizens that need to comment on bills also post there.

I have a specific request to repurpose the Speaker's Office forum as offices for all Senators. I'm aware that HEM doesn't like it, but I think it would be a much more effective space for Senators to use if it wasn't restricted to me alone.

I'm glad to see the Conference Room implemented, to allow Question Time, and other Executive related Senate functions to take place in, and we can already see that it is proving useful in uncluttering the Speaker's Office and Senate floor itself, of such material.

As for the other suggestion for a Senators Office. In lieu of a definitive place for it within the Senate I will post my planned Press Releases in the Speakers Office. If anyone finds this inappropriate, then I suggest they make a suitable forum for this material!

For that and for any changes to the Conference Hall, I am waiting for the Speaker's recommendations. He asked me to wait until he's made up his mind.

Back