Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
"A Stream of Consciousness Review of Pichto's Platform"
HEM
Opinion
Managing Editor

I kinda regret this format of article already but it would be unfair to not do both platforms....SO without further ado!!! You can read Pichto's platform and develop your own stream of consciousness here.

INTRO
**​
First few sentences of Pichto's opening statement has big Donald Trump "I am so rich, I don't need this job! I was already successful, but I am doing this for you!!" vibes.

In a way, this election must feel like an appropriate and perhaps...necessary (?) capstone to Pichtonia. He served two terms as First Minister in a very challenging environment, rallying back the region in a big way. He then served a well-regarded term as Chief of State. In many ways, Pichto was the predominate figure of the split era, but now there's one last ~challenge~ with the unified executive.

The resume paragraph is probably a good move, because Pichto is going up against Darkslayer who is probably the preeminent social player in the region. He needs some street cred to combat Dark's soft influence (though Pichto is definitely not a social hermit in the region).

Then...the next building block up from just resume — Pichto goes over all the ways he participates in the region, and the *why* behind that. A lot of empathy around making sure people's contributions are noticed.

ALSO, it's Kuramia. And some GIFs. And LOTS of resume.

GOVERNMENT POLICY

ok not much to say here really, except that Pichto is doing a better job teeing up a larger governing philosophy than Dark. That being said, Pichto and Kuramia together have a LOT more experience writing these platforms than Dark — even with Calvin's help.

also i am so TIRED of the weekly wrap up speeches that Pichto started and were great but then everyone cribbed and got so perfunctory.

FOREIGN AFFAIRS

FA is great because of my running mate!! yeehaw! (it does seem like there's a consensus that FA is more inclusive and interactive than in the past though for real)

man i simp for moving discussions to the forums

I remember Kuramia going after tickets last election for not pledging to hold enough ROTW, so not surprised to see a pledge of 3-4 here.

"Everyone we are allied with will get an unwanted GIF and then promptly end their alliance with us" j/k

An interesting debate question could be on dispatches. No sign so far that Pichto / Kuramia is going to push limiting upvote squad pings.

NAVY

big things here seem to be:
(1) noting successes, which are considerable;
(2) goal of increased participation in each individual mission;
(3) pledge to use our military more strategically but with no details to speak of;
(4) Better training at home including..........MULTIMEDIA VIDEO BABY POINT +1 to DARK;
(5) Use of Naval Academy to train outsiders and increase Europeian clout (unlikely, but speaks to higher vision so i like it)
(6) Did you notice that I made every single line of this list slightly longer than the last so it would be like a little staircase leading up to my dreams for the navy.
(7) also an hold with allies. damn my staircase fell apart.

CULTURE

Pichto: "the culture party only starts when I ARRIVE"

I think because so many people are involved in them, the minutia of weekend games really gets debated super granularly. Like, one minute we are talking about a vision for our Navy training leading the world, and now we are thoughtfully musing on whether it's better to post in a thread the times of weekend games or just ping people spontaneously.

Also, should we KEEP SCORE of the games?? we should have a Grand Hall debate and referendum on these topics, and perhaps @Darkslayer could make a video covering it.

Pichto and Kuramia notably disregarding festivals tied to RL events vs. ROTW. I think BOTH platforms have the wrong balance of the two, for what it's worth.

I am going to wake up in the dead of night tonight, in a cold sweat, to the fact that 75% of the policy of this platform section was casual ponderings over weekend games

INTERIOR

A pattern seems to be developing here where every section opens with a Pichtonia achievement, and then goes into the meat of the section. I have to admit, this is pretty compelling.

Monopoly idea is interesting. Are we proposing we'd re-name / give descriptions to the actually forum boards or have some kind of graphic or visual that is edited?

oh my GOD there is a RESEARCH//STUDY section in Pichto's integration section too!!!!!!!!!!!

When I ran for President in 2018, research and stats were a big part of my platform too.....but it was like evaluating how initiatives were doing, not being like, "we'll take office and research how reddit or the the Cybernations forum integrate their members and use that to guide our plan!!" there's a 9000% chance that everyone will get wayyyy too busy to ever do this.

The second idea of asking people how they got involved is much better.

Torn on the "map of a newcomer's journey" idea....i think it'd be a lot of effort, and tbqh, journeys are all so different I'm not sure it'd be meaningfully helpful. But it's interesting.

RADIO

[[ INSERT ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN FIRST PARAGRAPH ]]

Okay,,,,,, my hot take of this section is that Pichtonia and Kuramia lean a little too hard into their experience//bio. The balance is off a bit. I feel like 80% of this section is bio, and the other 20% is about getting more people involved in Radio which is a good point but actually surface level for the amount of experience they both claim to have!! (And they do have).

I am NOT scoring (at least in this article)......but this is the first section yet where I think Dark's beats Pichto's hands-down.

WAA

No explicit comment on the Heroes Program either way (remember, I'm not reading the comments or the rest of the thread yet so idk if it was addressed elsewhere) but the promise to work on fostering resolution authors seems to suggest that something like it will live on.

I don't know the Pokemon Program//whatever problems it has been facing particularly well so passing on that part.

Integrating the Watch makes sense.

COMMS

OKAY here was address upvote squad burnout. Pledge to reduce IFV pings.

"There are too many types of content......so we will introduce a new type of content called 'lodestar articles'"

I appreciate the benefits and challenges of the column system fwiw, and agree with the idea of reducing the number of "directors" overseeing them.

JUSTICE

A noun, a verb, legislative assessments
A noun, a verb, more legal training
Mock trials have been suggested so many times over the years I can't tell if this is actually a new idea or not.

CONCLUSION:

Okay, so I didn't do a conclusion to my last review of Dark's platform and ended up regretting it because "stream of consciousness" does not always provide the proper analysis.

WITHOUT SCORING—which I am not doing because ENN might do some formal ~~scoring~~ later TBD—I think Pichto's platform was better than Dark's. But that advantage is far less of a wipeout when considering the differing experience that Pichto and Dark have in running for high executive office. Specifically, Pichto did a better job connecting his experience with his ideas and giving a vision for his term. On the whole, his policy ideas I think were a hair better —but there are places like Radio, for example, where I think Dark out comes ahead. I also believe that Pichto had the experience to blow Dark completely out of the water on the platform side. But I don't think he did that.

As a voter, the next question I have is....is Dark's missing vision a sign of (1) not having as much experience writing a platform, or of (2) not having vision....

My vote is still very getable from either ticket at this point.

Last edited:
"Everyone we are allied with will get an unwanted GIF and then promptly end their alliance with us" j/k
Do we really want allies with poor taste? :p

This was a fun read, HEM, and insightful!

Back