A Second of Your Time

GraVandius

Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty
1568500777084.png

A Second of Your Time

I am not a huge fan of the new set up on Discord. It seems unnecessary to split the executive and social functions into two separate, while, to my knowledge, achieving no noticeable increases in productivity so far. The most important reason, why it is not ideal is that it causes a minor inconvenience of clicking back and forth between two servers. I calculated that it takes at least a second for me to switch back and forth between the two servers when I'm checking discord for news. I do this usually 2-3 times a day, thus 2-3 seconds a day. Now, you may be scoffing at that small amount of time but it adds up. Over a week that is 21 seconds of my time. Over a month, 90 seconds. Finally, Over the course of an entire year 1,095 seconds. That is approximately 18.25 minutes. That is roughly the amount of time that it takes to write a rant like paragraph on a trivial issue. :p

Beyond this little fun experiment I did this morning, I promise I'm working on an actually interesting article on whether Europeian Presidential elections are more or less contested now then at any other point in history. Ya'll can expect that by the end of this week :)

Last edited:
Even worse!
Women in Japan have an average life expectancy of 87 years. Assuming they start this game now at age 13 (because of COPPA) and never leave, they would populate this region for another 74 years. In this time, they will have lost 74*1,095 seconds, or 81,030 seconds. That is about 22 hours and a half.
That is right, somebody can lose nearly a full day of their life in this operation.

So, how did you determine the new executive server is "achieving no noticeable increases in productivity so far."? I am sure a whole lot of people would disagree with you on that.

Ervald said:
So, how did you determine the new executive server is "achieving no noticeable increases in productivity so far."? I am sure a whole lot of people would disagree with you on that.
I think the point of the article is that I did not. I'm unsure of a way to measure that, if I was to try to determine it. If you have any ideas on how to go about that, I'd be happy to look into it for a future article.

Because of the consolidation of multiple servers, perhaps the efficiencies are there for those who are in most/all ministries, and those who have to be in all the servers.

Maybe not for people who are in just a couple ministries -

Well given the last post in the world assembly one was on 21/01/2018, i wouldn't be too worried about 3 seconds every 7 days.

Back