A recommendation for signature images

r3naissanc3r

Honoured Citizen
Citizen
In Europeia, we have a great culture of showcasing our achievements and contributions to the region through awards we display in our signatures. We are also lucky to have many talented members that create beautiful images for us to use for that purpose.

The downside of this practice is that signatures can become very crowded with images. This can make the forum harder to use for two reasons: increased scrolling, and slower loading times. The forum hosting for popular images and the signature size limits alleviate these issues to an extent, but they remain issues.

For this reason, I would recommend the following for our graphics artists:

If you are planning to create an image to be used in forum signatures, especially a popular image such as an award or an advertisement, please consider making it smaller than 75 x 400 pixels (height x width).

This is only a soft limit. I am not going to remove larger images, and there are certainly cases where a larger image is warranted. But please keep it in mind as a rule when designing signature images.

For future reference, I have also added this recommendation in the signature size policy thread.

Back