A Few Changes

I was appointed several weeks ago to head the EBC, and unfortunately things picked up to be very busy for me, but I am playing catch-up tonight in initiating what I see as my major revisions of EBC programming. First, let me just say that as a general rule I want to stick to news and views. A lot of the reviews and more RL-based content has served a great purpose and will stay on as an important facet of the EBC, but I want to move us more towards NS. That's what's been expressed to me, and I feel like I'm in the place to make that change. I'm excited about a lot of the changes and new features that we're going to be providing.

First among these is our new Foreign Bureau. I'm happy to announce that Cerian Quilor will be serving as our Foreign Bureau Chief. He will be coordinating with the FA Ministry and the Office of Embassies and Ambassadors to create a Wire-like news feed of foreign news hopefully starting up soon. We should all look forward to his contributions and seeing more foreign news around the EBC.

Next, we have a slightly new organizational structure. The EBC, unlike other media, does have the honor of its own full forum. Whether you agree with it or not, we haven't utilized subforums as well as we could. So one of our subfora will be the Opinions Page, where Op-Eds will be put from prominent Europeians. I will encourage this and hopefully get more of this. Additionally, a good portion of the rest of the term will be spent using the current archival index to create a complete archive organized between straight news, opinion articles, and other.

Our other subforum will be Europeian Public Radio. EBC Radio News will be continued and shows like Bantering With Bryan will be promoted. I hope to be putting out a broadcast of some type at least weekly. If necessary, I will be busting out the old pipes to have my own show. But our radio had a promising start and I want to see that renewed with interesting programming and more debates.

Finally, when all of the organizing and writing and speaking and such is done, I want to host a town hall meeting with all Europeians to discuss how we feel about things. If you have specific questions you want asked or specific issues you want brought up, please PM me and I will save them. This forum will happen within the next two weeks and will be heavily promoted, so don't worry, there will be time to submit questions. A date has not yet been set.

I look forward to making the EBC a powerhouse. If you want to be on the staff, just PM me and I'll find you a place. This has been a great institution and has grown in magnitude over the years, I'm hoping to make some changes to permanently justify the EBC's existence and make it into the ideal that it can be. I hope you'll help.

Editor-in-Chief McEntire

Yeahy updates! ^_^

Looking forward to seeing your work and leadership here McEntire and a very good appointment in Cerian.

Back