Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
Him / He
conversation.png

SEPTEMBER 22, 2023
AUTHOR: PICHTONIA

A Conversation With: Cove

Europeia and The North Pacific are celebrating their Ten Year Anniversary, in recognition of the Treaty of Friendship between the two regions signed on August 19, 2013, as well as the gameside embassy between the regions that opened in September 2013.

When JayDee and Robespierre were talking about the treaty and Euro-TNP relations in their recent radio show, they remarked that neither of them were around for the signing of the treaty. But one actually needn't look too far to find someone who was, for at least one signatory resides in Europeia nowadays.

The treaty was signed by Cerian Basileus Rex Quilor Anacreoni-Anumia, now known as Kylia, on behalf of Europeia, as well as Jamie Anumia on behalf of The North Pacific, now known as Cove. And we were fortunate enough to talk to Cove about the treaty between Europeia and The North Pacific.

Hello Cove, and thank you for taking your time to talk to us today. We're approaching you for a very happy occasion, the 10th anniversary of the Treaty of Friendship between The North Pacific and Europeia. Am I correct that you signed the treaty as Delegate of TNP at the time?

Hi Pichto, Thanks for taking the time to interview me! You would indeed be correct, if memory serves I signed the Europeia - TNP treaty not long after my re-election as Delegate there, I would definitely put that as the highlight of my term in terms of FA achievements.

Do you still remember that time well? What was TNP like at the time?

It has been a long time now, 10ish years even, so I would not say my memory of that time is the sharpest anymore. However, I do remember TNP fondly - TNP had and still does have a vibrant political scene and I will always consider it an honour and a pleasure to have served as delegate of the region. TNP has always had a fun mix of older and newer players and cosmopolitans and regionalists, its part of what made the region fun!

Do you still remember the impression you had of Europeia at the time?

Outside of my brief experience in the region way back in 2011, I will admit my knowledge of the region wasn’t the greatest, becoming delegate of TNP wasn’t something I expected at first, and it was something that initially was very very challenging. Regardless, to return to your question - my impression of Europeia was that it had a unique political and social vibe which separated it from other UCR’s at the time. I knew at the time that the Navy was also a very strong regional military and I knew that TNP-Europeia having a close relationship was extremely beneficial to both parties and my interactions with the region were always very positive while I was delegate.

Did you approach Euro, I assume in your previous term as Delegate, or did Euro approach you first?

I’ll admit my knowledge isn’t the best of that time, from what I remember I believe Euro approached my FA minister at the time and discussions went from there regarding the treaty text.

That's okay! How do you reflect on this treaty after ten years?

I reflect fondly on the treaty. I'll admit my experience from interacting with Euro back during my delegacy was one of the reasons I got attracted when I rejoined the region last year. Euro and TNP are strong allies and the treaty has been long standing due to our bond.

Okay, thank you. For my final question, do you have any wishes for Euro and TNP on the 10th anniversary of their treaty?

My wishes are simply to grow and strengthen our existing bonds. We have differences but that’s what makes us unique. We should value those differences and use that as focal point for celebrating the treaty.

Thank you, Cove!

Europeia and The North Pacific are celebrating their ten year anniversary in a dedicated discord server. You can click here to join the festivities.

Last edited:
This is awesome, thank you Pichto and Cove!

This was a great read, and it was interesting to see the perspective of someone who played a big role in both TNP and Euro! Well done.

Back