Honos Habet Onus
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
2021 Europeian of the Year Nomination: The Right Honorable Peeps
Military Times Special Report
Jan 12, 2022

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand." - Vince Lombardi

If you had asked me at the beginning of the year 2021 if I would be sitting here today placing forth the name of Peeps as Europeian of the Year, I would have thought you were crazy. Yet, here we are. I have a history of nominating former political rivals for this prestigious honor. For instance, there was a time where Prim and I hated each other or if not hate it was close to it. Now, Prim plays an important role and I couldn't imagine a time without him and his positive influence in my life.

The role of the Europeian of the Year for me is someone who works for the region both well and infamously, its been an up and down year for Peeps with both glory and controversy but like him or not he has always risen to the occasion to serve in the region's best interests.

I admire that about him.

The year for Peeps started with the Embassy raid, which I won't re-hash in this nomination. But what the average Europeian may not know is how much politicking Peeps did on behalf of the Navy. I know this because he and I shared what I would describe as the most frank and honest discussion on policy I have ever had in Europeia. It was brief, but for the first time I could tell Peeps was taking me seriously and my advice and recommendations seriously. Despite our mutual dislike at the time and on opposite sides of the argument, here we were. If the measure of a successful person is how they react under fire, than surely it is also how magnanimous they can be when the situation presents itself.

When it came to the region second guessing the IRC and its role in inter regional politics, there was Peeps. As Chairman of the Board he may not have expressed himself well at all times but he did succeed in weathering multiple storms as only an elder statesman can. This is something that we admire and look for in our Europeian leaders, its not so much to be strong willed and gifted with a silver tongue but also someone who can stand up to adversity and overcome it to succeed. When it came to the IRC, it wasn't always their fault but Peeps still answered the bell. In our modern world of instant knowledge and discord discussions that sometimes get lost to the ages, Peeps has been able to maneuver between forums and discord and do so with grace and eloquence and maintain the discussion and keep it to the task on hand.

We've discussed glory and we've discussed controversy but let me finish with this about Peeps, they have character in spades.

We are a region of second, third, fourth, fifth chances. We are a region of hope and dreams, for politics and for social players alike. We are a place where everyone gets a chance to be what they want to be and a place where you can be almost anything you set your mind to. Few players can dip the toe in all of the things and come out clean, many more will try and fail or get tantalizingly close and burn out or fade away. Peeps is one of the players that did this well. He's had ups and downs surely and lately there's been more downs than the ups but no one can dispute that Peeps doesn't work hard at whatever role he is assigned or what is asked of him.

The price of his success has been some burn out and he is on I believe an LOA still, but I have no doubt that once he returns to Europeia better rested, we can expect more of the same hard work, dedication and steadfastness that made him the leader he is today.

With that, the Military Times proudly submits the nomination of The Right Honorable Nation of the People (Peeps) as 2021 Europeian of the Year.

Peeps is a great Europeian. I was happy to work with him and always am happy to see him reek his head into Europeia.

A very well-deserved nomination!

Reactions: ICH
A great nominee!

Back