10th Mayor of Arnhelm Elected

10th Mayor of Arnhelm Elected
Vivanco Elected in Close Race

Androxis

(Arnhelm, September 6) - The councillors of Arnhelm elected their new Mayor on Wednesday, electing Vivanco who will serve in the office of Mayor until the end of September.

Forilian, the previous Mayor of Arnhelm, opened standing for the elections on August 29. Vivanco and Bronyleader both stood for the position of Mayor. They had also stood for the August Mayoral elections but lost to Forilian.

The candidates posted platforms that were very different from each other. Bronyleader posted a detailed and clear platform for his ideas in transforming Arnhelm while Vivanco opted for a more unique roleplay platform that, while short, made a huge impact on the voters. Bronyleader had won the Councillor of the Month award a day after standing which further increased his chances of winning. Furthermore, former Mayor Forilian decided to publicly endorse him for the position of Mayor. However, Vivanco’s unconventional platform garnered lots of support from the voters and was called by one councillor the best platform he has ever seen.

The elections were opened by Forilian once again on September 1. The votes swayed in the favour of Vivanco, who received 8 votes. Bronyleader was close behind with 5 votes while 1 person voted to re-open elections. The fact that only 14 out of 25 councillors voted in the elections shows the inactivity Arnhelm suffered from over the last term and is looking to be a problem that the new Mayor needs to address. Since the elections, Vivanco has already made an opening speech and has appointed his opponent in the election as Deputy Mayor.

This was interesting and I think I'm going to read those platforms. I really don't follow Arnhelm.

An excellent first article Androxis!

Like Lethen I found this interesting and will probably check out the campaign. I think this is a great example of how "hard news" articles can still be beneficial for the region at large. I'm not involved in Arnhelm and therefore don't pay attention to it so articles like this are great for keeping people like me informed about the other goings on in the region.

Back