Search results

1. U

EUROPOLL - General Election

I think the debate on Foreign Affairs will be very important. FA is something plaguing Elias (and in some cases redeeming him) because it's a radical departure from the norm of Europeian politics (he's got to be concerned with pitching his ideas better), but the FA debate will also be a...
  2. U

EUROPOLL - General Election

Hmm, I wonder if the the McEntire/Alex vote has split from the old Elias/PASD faction's popularity. Interesting elections!
  3. U

Military Alignment Results

*waves* Long time no see.
  4. U

And yet your Grand Admiral is discussing some great narrative about how Europeia needs to extend a foreign olive branch to feeder and sinker communities to replace Feeder Dominance. It seems to me that there is a greater political association between Europeia and the feeder and sinker...
  5. U

I may reference this survey in an upcoming essay; fascinating but subtle results. Erm, to intrude: I'll note that any sort of calls of "UDL Dominance" are insulting to political institutions in feeders and sinkers. Ultimately, some people in official positions =/= domination; ambiguous and...
  6. U

Too Raider? Let's get real.

The auto-recruiter craze has only masked the damage that redistribution was going to inevitably cause -- you can't move sizable chunks of your population, tell them to fly the Europeian flag instead of their own, do hardly nothing at all for a week or more in some random region that some other...
  7. U

Unless The New Inquisition tells you that you don't want to do it. >_>
  8. U

You have explained in your post, why I *don't* need to do any sort of re-education ... the organization is called The United Defenders League; why would someone join a defender organization if they didn't already want to be a defender? Europeia on the other, ties raiding to it's "complex...
  9. U

Not necessarily, it's possible for flamebaiting to be funny. Mature? Probably not, but I wouldn't describe Eduard's character as mature.
  10. U

At that point in time, update was three hours long and I needed to stay up to organize liberations for the morning, if I was to try to avoid piling. That meant it was unlikely I slept at all for days at times. My fault, sure, but sometimes when people are yelling they have problems going on in...
  11. U

And that is a very poor argument. :rolleyes: You do realize that my WA Character, Eduard Heir, gives everyone nicknames and Bible Boy or variations of it are CD's ambassador's nickname. I based the inclination to nickname on Sawyer from LOST. Eduard has called people necrophiliacs and often...
  12. U

Ah, a common argument. My problem with this argument is: this is a political simulation; in political simulations, the ethics of one's behavior ought to be questioned in the political system or else it's hardly a good political simulator. Raiding is non-consensual, unjustified and these...
  13. U

I think you're perhaps blowing out of proportion was I was suggesting, I think it's inherently natural for a community to form dogmatic principles and for newcomers to borrow those principles without really coming to question those principles. In particular, when you're trying to become a...
  14. U

Well, I question how many people join Europeia as raider sympathizers versus how many people are merely "educated" by the social establishment of Europeia into thinking raiding is a good idea without questioning this dogma; I use the dogma as a negative word, one that it is criticizing the lack...
  15. U

I would absolutely one hundred percent agree that being a democracy and also being a formidable international aggressor is compatible, so long as the plurality of the region consents this aggression. Alternatively, I think that Europeia being a successful international aggressor and every other...
  16. U

I was a citizen here for a while and even voted for you for President back when we were friends. I don't think Europeia's democratic system is tyrannous, I think the closest I've gotten to criticizing Europeia's system is in Balder when I suggested alongside many other people that...
  17. U

World Assembly News #4

I like the change, actually. I think it'll change things up. I'll note many of the opposition to the change is very ideological; but you have to pay a little attention to their posts -- especially with someone like Mousebumples. They don't want the replace-repeal system because they're NatSovs...
  18. U

Deceit of Defenderism

Nope, re-reading what I wrote in TRR.. my phrasing was poor (in fact, wrong) , its not what the legislation states nor what I meant. We'd only be deploying in reaction to a delegate's policies, this is fairly clear in the legislation.
  19. U

Deceit of Defenderism

I compared two situations to emphasize a logical dilemma -- two people who try to legitimize their arguments by using their opponent's defeating resort to ad hominem attacks ... Glenn Beck and Onder. I am not saying Onder shares similar political philosophies, Beck was merely the first name that...
  20. U

Deceit of Defenderism

Whether or not you find substance in my defender values is of little relevance to whether you think the rules of formal logic should be applied in discourse. Nor have I 'refused' to respond to anything, the act of not doing something is not an overt refusal -- you're assuming I know where this...
Back