Search results

1. Common-Sense Politics

Introducing Deadline: Goldenblock

Welcome to the Europeian Citizen's newest project, Deadline: Goldenblock. Some limited attempts have been made in the past through the auspices of the Organization of Independent Media to plan and execute a robust programming schedule surrounding presidential election season. Those efforts have...
  2. Common-Sense Politics

Smokin' Poll: Jan '24 Preliminary Polling

I suck. I'm sorry. I will update this with the complete results and analysis but here's the horse race question in the mean time so people can pick up their own polling and coverage. Again, sorry for my tardiness! The holidays can be tough of us.
  3. Common-Sense Politics

Wildcard Submission: Rude Boy, Not Just a Song About Doin' The Dirty

Today we had a conversation about gender dynamics in elections and minority representation in the Senate on Discord. It was deeply problematic, in my opinion, and not just for the reason you think. But I want to speak on the reason you think because as a straight, cisgendered white man, it's not...
  4. Common-Sense Politics

Presi Election Content

Yoyoyo, homies, yo. It is I, your road dawg, CSP. I know private media has been struggling for a while but we're picking up the pace a bit recently and that's pretty dope to see. I was wondering if any of you or the v dope and turnt EBC already had plans for presidential debates over the...
  5. Common-Sense Politics

Flashin' Poll: Aug '23 Preliminary Polling

ARNHELM - 39 Europeians were polled over the weekend on their thoughts regarding the impending contest for President. Standing could begin (and probably should) as soon as tomorrow. These are the results. How long have you been active in Europeia? 5+ years - 35.9% 2-5 years - 33.3% 1-2 years -...
  6. Common-Sense Politics

Smokin' Poll: Jun '23 Preliminary Polling

Over the weekend 31 Europeians responded to this poll regarding their preferences germane to the upcoming election for President of Europeia. Here are the results. Trends from our most recent applicable poll (last year) might be periodically shown in parentheses. We will put on an accompanying...
  7. Common-Sense Politics

Wildcard Submission: Reflecting on a Long Year

TRIGGER WARNING: This material may be emotionally challenging for those who have experienced mental health emergencies and/or have contemplated or attempted suicide. The last thing I would ever want to do is cause any of you discomfort. I am comfortable posting about my experiences here and have...
  8. Common-Sense Politics

Podcast of the Day

If you know me, you know I am a podcast maniac. Here's what I'm listening to today! The NPR Politics Podcast: Politics And America's Loneliness Epidemic
  9. Common-Sense Politics

Flashin' Poll: Senate General - Mar '22

ARNHELM -- 25 Europeians were polled late last week on their preferences in the upcoming general election for Senate. These are the results.
  10. Common-Sense Politics

[EBC Exclusive] Goodnight, Europeia III

Goodnight, Europeia III CSP's Presidential Diary Written by CSP (duh) Dear Diary, Inspired by former Presidents Oliver Grey and Sopo, I will be endeavoring to share my experience of being President and the work we're doing in a more informal format and with greater regularity than we might...
  11. Common-Sense Politics

Flashin' Poll: Feb '22

ARNHELM -- Following up on the results from the latest edition of Smokin' Poll, 29 Europeians were polled this week on their preferences in regard to the upcoming presidential election. These are the results. Relevant changes from the aforementioned Smokin' Poll are shown in parentheses. How...
  12. Common-Sense Politics

Our Europeian of the Year - Kazaman

Teddy Roosevelt, the 26th President of the United States, for all of his faults and complicated legacy, had some poignant thoughts about what it means to be a leader. One of the most enduring of these ideas is contained in an eminently quotable speech he gave in April of 1910 that we now know as...
  13. Common-Sense Politics

Smokin' Poll: Feb '22 Preliminary Polling

This week 28 Europeians responded to this poll regarding their preferences germane to the upcoming election for President of Europeia. Here are the results. Trends from our most recent applicable poll will be periodically shown in parentheses. We will endeavor to put on an accompanying radio...
  14. Common-Sense Politics

Smokin' Poll: Senate General - Dec '21

Over the course of the weekend 38 Europeians responded to this poll regarding their preferences germane the upcoming general elections for Senate. Here are the results. Trends from our November poll are shown in parentheses. Analysis may be added later (this took like 3 hours) but will...
  15. Common-Sense Politics

Flashin' Poll: Nov '21

Following up on the results from the latest edition of Smokin' Poll, 37 Europeians were polled on Wednesday and Thursday on their preferences in the upcoming presidential election. These are the results. Relevant changes from the aforementioned Smokin' Poll are shown in parentheses. How long...
  16. Common-Sense Politics

Smokin' Poll: Nov '21 Preliminary Polling

41 Europeians were polled over a period of about 28 hours this last week on their views pertaining to the upcoming election for the best job in NationStates, President of Europeia. These are the results. Changes from our April poll are shown in parentheses. How long have you been active in...
  17. Common-Sense Politics

Smokin' Poll: Apr '21 Preliminary Polling

Following midterm elections for Senate, 25 Europeians were polled on their views pertaining to the impending battle for the presidency. These are the results. How long have you been active in Europeia? 5+ years - 32% (+7.9) 2 to 5 years - 20% (-7.6) 1 to 2 years - 20% (+6.2) Less than 6 months...
  18. Common-Sense Politics

Smokin' Poll: Senate General Mar '21

Earlier this week, 25 Europeians were polled on their views pertaining to the impending Senate general election. This poll was in the field before the resignation of Senator Baobab. These are the results, which I am posting without accompanying analysis. For reals, I'm super pooped out. Share...
  19. Common-Sense Politics

Wildcard Submission: Life on Both Sides of the Line

I'm 31 years old. Many of you came of age substantially later than me. In some cases more than a decade later. As you might imagine, or maybe not, the culture of that time was quite a bit different. Even more so than today, the three-headed monster of misogyny, racism, and toxic masculinity was...
  20. Common-Sense Politics

Smokin' Poll: February '21 Preliminary Polling

Just over two weeks before the upcoming presidential election, 29 Europeians were polled on their views pertaining to the impending contest. These are the results. How long have you been active in Europeia? 6 months to 1 year - 27.6% 2 to 5 years - 27.6% 5+ years - 24.1% 1 to 2 years - 13.8%...
Back