Search results

1. McEntire

[Arnhelm Alt] The Ole Gal Rides On

The Ole Gal Rides On By: Mary Louise McEntire In her cozy cottage on the outskirts of Arnhelm, McEntire poured herself a cup of tea with a heavy sigh. She reached for a shoebox with "MOMENTOS" scrawled on the top, and sat out in the garden. She pieced through her greatest hits - an old...
  2. McEntire

[RESULTS] EBC Jan. '24 Poll: Presidential Re-Run, Senate Midterm

I’m just gonna say, I think I deserved a better Senate rating.
  3. McEntire

[RESULTS] EBC Jan. '24 Poll: Presidential Re-Run, Senate Midterm

EBC Jan. '24 Poll: Presidential Re-Run, Senate Midterm JayDee an Underdog for Re-Election, Senate Gets a Solid "Meh" Written by Maowi, McEntire, and PaleLand The EBC poll of the Presidential re-run election shows JayDee trailing his main opponent at the time of the poll, Elio. Elio seems to be...
  4. McEntire

Admin Task Thread

Hi! Can someone mask Rand and Pland Adanna as Senate guests? Please and thankies.
  5. McEntire

EBC Jan. '24 Presidential Election Liveblog

Gentlemen, please! Leave the fighting to the candidates! Let’s keep our comments constructive. Which, speaking of, we have breaking news on the candidate front. In what may be an unwelcome outcome for President JayDee, Senate Speaker Elio has jumped into the ring in this Presidential re-run...
  6. McEntire

Thank you ICH for that analysis, incisive as always. Please also feel free to answer my below question as well! Now I’d like to bring back @PhDre, now that we have final results in the first round presidential race. Dre, the final results are approximately a 58-42 victory for RoE. While that’s...
  7. McEntire

Thank you, August and Sopo, for those enlightening comments. You both make interesting points, and the good news for all sides in this debate is that it appears we will have more time to keep having it. With the election set to go into overtime, I'm sure we will be discussing JayDee's vision and...
  8. McEntire

Now I'd like to get comment from two Europeians who made their public positions known on ROE. I want to hear from @Sopo, who launched the RoE campaign. Sopo, what were your goals with RoE, do you think they've been accomplished? And what would you say to JayDee? Second I want to hear from...
  9. McEntire

And we have a statement from President JayDee: So here we have JayDee conceding to RoE and pledging to fight into the next round of voting. This is major breaking news, and we will have analysis for you ASAP on this developing story.
  10. McEntire

So, to be clear here, if turnout is the same as last time, and if the "last third" break the same as they did last time (83%), then the remaining votes would split 11-2. Meaning that, if those assumptions hold (and they are quite hefty), JayDee would net 9 votes through the end of the election...
  11. McEntire

Thank you, PhDreve Kornacki (name credit @Pichtonia)
  12. McEntire

To give a little more context to this, as you said in the last election we had 55 voters. So in raw vote numbers, if RoE gets over 28 votes, JayDee may be in the "danger zone," where the number of voters would have been a majority of turnout in the last election. At 19 votes now, RoE isn't super...
  13. McEntire

EBC Jan. '24 Presidential Election Liveblog Like a regular blog.... but LIVE!! This is EBC Editor McEntire coming to you live from downtown Arnhelm, where we are seeing early results trickle in from this Presidential Election, which has been highly heated in recent days despite there only...
  14. McEntire

[ARN ALT] Flash Poll: RoE Edging JayDee, Other Ticket Rumors Abound

Okay good! This is the transparency I wanted, rather than being so offended that I’d call you a political animal. You want to win! And that’s okay. Healthy even.
  15. McEntire

I don’t think anyone is asking JayDee to be a cheerleader for ROE, just not to be quite as personally shocked and affronted that people are going to this option after he’s had two full terms of mixed success and is facing his second unopposed election in a row.
  16. McEntire

This, I think, is the point that is missing with some folks, JayDee. You seem more upset with the fact that people are campaigning for RoE than you are about the fact that we have now had 2 RoE elections in a row. As the region's leader, we expect to see you looking out for the region's interest...
  17. McEntire

Flash Poll: RoE Edging JayDee, Other Ticket Rumors Abound In the Arnhelm Alternative's super-quick flash poll, we find RoE mercilessly edging JayDee/Vor by a margin of just three respondents. This result is probably in the poll's margin of error, if we could be bothered to calculate that sort...
  18. McEntire

POLL: JayDee Down, Not Quite Out

What is your takeaway? 😛
  19. McEntire

POLL: JayDee Down, Not Quite Out

EBC POLL: JayDee Down, Not Quite Out Incumbent picked up steam in the second half of the term, but may struggle with re-election Written by ICH and McEntire Although JayDee’s approval has rebounded from the midterm, voters may be fatigued with his leadership. Although in this poll, JayDee is...
  20. McEntire

[BREAKING] An NYE-Eve Apparition!

BREAKING: An NYE-Eve Apparition! Tremble before its horrible and spicy might. Written by McEntire ‘Twas the night before New Year’s at Palatium Manor, And Lethen was stirring, looking over his planner. As he looked back on the month, bygone day after days, He thought “good god! The election’s...
Back