Search results

1. R

Font Awesome update

As you may know, we use Font Awesome (FA) for the various icons you see on the forum, as well as for the icons that are usable with the ICON bbtag. I have just updated our FA installation to the latest version, FA 5.0. Besides various new technical features that you probably don't care about...
  2. R

On Harassment in NationStates

Ladies and Gentlemen, Harassment has been an issue within NationStates as a whole and gameplay communities in particular for a number of years. Recently, steps have been taken by Europeia and other regions to put a stop to this troubling behavior. However, there is still more that we can do and...
  3. R

Pop-up and re-direct advertisements

Based on reports from members of both the Europeian and other forums, it looks like a number of pop-up and re-direct advertisements are showing up on ZetaBoards forums. We have reported the issue to ZetaBoards, and they have responded that they will do the best they can to filter them out. To...
  4. R

New forum pages: IFVs and Hall of Recruiters

I've created a couple of new forum pages. Information for WA Voters: This is a compilation of all IFVs produced by the Ministry of WA Affairs. It is automatically updated every time the Ministry publishes a new IFV, using information from the IFV spreadsheet that was created earlier this term...
  5. R

Communications Service

I've created a new page on the offsite server, the Communications Service. The new page allows those with access to submit a telegram text, as well as a list of nations. These nations are then telegrammed by Europeia Dispatch Office, using that nation's Communications Regional Officer powers...
  6. R

Page and dispatch for press releases

Together with MinComm, we've been working on streamlining the process of posting gameside dispatches for press releases. One product of this is a couple of automatically updating compilations of all such dispatches. One on the forum: http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/pages/press_releases One in...
  7. R

Rejoice

The "search" function seems to be working again.
  8. R

Offsite server service interruption

Due to the recently announced site-wide enforcement of HTTPS, nearly all of the scripts hosted on our offsite server, as well as many of the automated spreadsheets we have, were malfunctioning for the last two days. I have now fixed the error and restored all scripts. So all services should be...
  9. R

Endotarting page update

If you use the public endotarting page, there have been two updates: 1) You can now get a list of nations not endorsing you, in addition to the list of nations not endorsed by you. 2) You can now also find both lists in comma-separated form. The comma-separated lists should be handy for...
  10. R

New BBtag: Tab

The admin team has added a new BBtag, TAB.[hr]It can be used to achieve two effects: 1) Indent blocks of text, e.g., Unindented text first indentation level second indentation level Unindented text first indentation level second indentation level 2) Insert blank space longer than a single...
  11. R

Results: Forum Feedback Survey 2016

Many thanks to everyone who has taken the survey. We have had 34 responses, and the feedback has been very useful. The survey is now linked as "Feedback" in the forum footer, same as with the previous survey. Members who haven't taken it are welcome to do it from there. I thought our users...
  12. R

Forum Feedback Survey 2016

Yes, this is an annual thing now! The administrative team would once again like to hear from you, our forum users, about things you like and don't like about our forum, and changes you would like to see implemented. We have created the following survey and encourage you all to take a few...
  13. R

Header update: click-based drop-down menus [completed]

I have installed some code that changes the functionality of the header drop-down menus: Instead of being activated when you hover over the corresponding link, they are now activated/deactivated by clicking on the link. This has several advantages (or at least, features that I consider...
  14. R

ATTN: Offsite server down for maintenance [completed]

The offsite server will be offline for the next few hours for maintenance. Apologies for the inconvenience, but Amazon mandates that the server be upgraded or retired, and this has to happen before the end of the week.
  15. R

New domain name for offsite server

I have registered a domain name for our offsite server (something I should have done years ago...). The domain name: http://cerulean.nsr3n.info now points to: http://54.243.84.166 The old, bare IP links will continue to function properly, so you are welcome to keep using them if you want...
  16. R

Revamped WA vote records and new BBtag

The WA Vote Records have been overhauled: 1) They are now located here. 2) There are now separate and much more detailed records of the world-wide vote, e.g., individual nations voting for/against, delegates voting for/against, and so on. 3) For each vote, there is a corresponding graph and log...
  17. R

Header update: media frontpage [completed]

I have implemented the "media frontpage" idea suggested in this thread. You can now view a list of latest media headlines in the "News" drop-down menu of the header. The list is currently updated once per day, and the displayed headlines are selected as follows: 1) Most recently created EBC...
  18. R

Small theme adjustments

I've made some small tweaks to the Bright and Classic skins, to make sure that "links" (be it actual URL hyperlinks or other clickable actions) have consistent appearance. In the past, we were using a whole bunch of similar but different blue hues here and there. They have now all been...
  19. R

Possible alternative header [completed]

I've been toying with the following alternative design for the forum header: (Sorry, I don't have time to apply the mock up to Euro dark, my flight is about to leave :P ). [hr] One thing that's been bothering me about our forum header since I first designed it in 2013(?) are the background...
  20. R

Footer media buttons [completed]

As you've likely noticed, there is now a set of media buttons at the forum footer, next to the copyright notices. These buttons are meant to serve as quick links to all non-forum platforms that are related to Europeia. Unlike links in the header, they re-direct directly to those platforms...
Back